Plagiarism Part II

Huckleberry Pie

OK, so I made a thread about Grand Theft Auto, Chinese style. I decided to make another one 'cause I laughed at how the Chinese bootlegged vehicle designs from somebody else and claim that it's their own, "independently developed" vehicle.

Take a peek at this, and you might recognize them:

chineseripoffkc4.jpg

No, I'm not really into discriminating or harassing the Chinese, but I find this rather ridiculous...

EDIT: I've updated the above pic...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

It would help if you showed the vehicles they match.

The one on the left's ripped from a 2002-2005 Toyota Hilux:

BSN17800.jpg

The one on the right's ripped from a Nissan Frontier:

800px-2001-04_Nissan_Frontier.jpg

The truck in the middle is a Isuzu Dmax knockoff, judging from the fender, grill and headlight design:

04dmax.jpg

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

If you wanna get Huck fired up, mention the rip-offs of Honda motorcycles. The engines even use Honda service parts.

Go to the Philippines, and you'll see Chinese carbon copies of Honda underbones like the Wave... R* did copy designs off real life vehicles when Grand Theft Auto was made, but they have a good point, since 1) It is under Fair Use; they only made parodies of real cars 2) It would be costly if they pay royalties for licensed cars and 3) As long as they do not hinder the automakers' ability to sell vehicles, it's OK to make a car in GTA such as the Jester or the Wayfarer, which are parodies of the Supra and the Honda Goldwing. But these whores who made Toyota Hilux clones are doing too much, as stealing the work of someone else isn't funny, and is insulting...