SKATE or Tony Hawk

surrealistic ArtSweet

SKATE or Tony Hawk  

17 members have voted

1. 1. which one you like

• SKATE
    • Tony Hawk series

agreed, but i don't think it's the realism, i think Tony Hawk's gameplay is just so old and not expanded/modified greatly, have any of you guys played proving ground? it's good, but it's not great because it's the same old, same old

in the other hand, SKATE can't do free roam walking, you have to go w/ your skate

but i still vote for SKATE, unless activision want to do something to beat it

SKATE is only good if you could make videos, but unfortunately PS3 owners can't get their videos from the EA site. SKATE fails.

What? You can make videos on SKATE for the PS3 and then save them to your HDD. Why would you need to get videos from the EA site? Explain.

So I could get them on my computer to make skate videos with out having to waste my money on some retard piece of shit gadget at the store.

Not only that, but now the game is lagging, the picture graphics or what ever are going screwy and EA's piece of shit online service keeps timing me out. Just for the record, this is only happening with Skate, none of my other games are having trouble with online multiplayer.

EA = SHIT

I have been a big tony hawk fan sence thps1 and played them 24/7 when it was online but my friend got SKATE and i didnt really think of it much but WOW this was so much diferent than the tony hawk games (in a good way). Who knows this might be the next gen of skateing games. But i guess i will stick with the tony hawk games unless if they blow like thp8 did, and for SKATE i will get it but i might just enjoy tony hawk more sence im so use to them.

As for EA and Activision, EA has never had any troubles with me but Activision for shutting down the Tony Hawk games for online yea that move really pissed me off they better not try that shit again.

Edited by ЩΣΓ

i don't know about the PS3 version, it always worked in my 360(not being a fanboy), if you got a problem w/ the game why don't you contact EA? and if you're so pissed of about the game, why don't you flame them instead of us?

no offense OGTAM ^_^

If you call this "flamming" then I don't know what you'd call all the shit I sent to EA.

They have almost all of their online team working on XBox Live. Skate for the 360 is probably at least 5X better than the one on the PS3, because EA is cheap.

i wouldn't call it cheap, it's just business you know, EA must think that most of their fans would enjoy it in Xbox 360(which i don't agree), they must give fair features and online play to all consoles available

lighten up dude, after all they've been giving us the best like Medal of Honor, NFS series, Def jam NY, and other games from EA. there's no reason to call them names just because they dissapoint you once :lol:

i'm sure it wouldn't happen if there's a SKATE 2 in PS3 -_-

Edited by ArtSweet

i wouldn't call it cheap, it's just business you know, EA must think that most of their fans would enjoy it in Xbox 360(which i don't agree), they must give fair features and online play to all consoles available

lighten up dude, after all they've been giving us the best like Medal of Honor, NFS series, Def jam NY, and other games from EA. there's no reason to call them names just because they dissapoint you once :lol:

Aren't those games on the 360 too???

Aren't those games on the 360 too???

yes, that's why i say it, because most of the games from EA still giving us the best of them(except for the new def jam) i'm sure they'll come around and make us happy for their new games

THUG and older, quite frankly. Never played SKATE, so I can't comment on it, but Tony Hawk got really old after THUG. I gave up on THUG 2 when I first read how it started. Kidnapped, by skaters, to do some stupid competition? WTF? Lame as shit. Besides, each one becomes more unrealistic.

THUG2 was actually really fun. I found it more fun than THUG. Did you ever try playing THUG2?

Edited by Original GTA Master

THUG and older, quite frankly. Never played SKATE, so I can't comment on it, but Tony Hawk got really old after THUG. I gave up on THUG 2 when I first read how it started. Kidnapped, by skaters, to do some stupid competition? WTF? Lame as shit. Besides, each one becomes more unrealistic.

You have a really good point and the challenges in it were pretty lame too, I remember having to natas spin on a bunch of rockets for Bam Margera and in the end there would just be a small cutscene where the rockets fire off. I just found it stupid and lost intrest in Tony Hawk games all together, I prefer skate.

• 4 weeks later...
Meh.

I simply can not believe that it took Activision ten years to make the perfect skate game, and they still haven't managed it yet.

Whereas Ea's skate pull it off on there first try... How can anyone say that Ea are shit? If it weren't for them, you wouldnt even be playing BF2!

Nice bump...

I just hope EA don't start pumping out new Skate games every year like they do with the NFS series, they need to take their time and make a perfect environment etc. I hope to see new tricks in the sequel.

Meh.

I simply can not believe that it took Activision ten years to make the perfect skate game, and they still haven't managed it yet.

Whereas Ea's skate pull it off on there first try... How can anyone say that Ea are shit? If it weren't for them, you wouldnt even be playing BF2!

Nice bump...

I just hope EA don't start pumping out new Skate games every year like they do with the NFS series, they need to take their time and make a perfect environment etc. I hope to see new tricks in the sequel.

Well, you can't blame me, it was on the front page in general gaming. Besides, im new. <_<

Although i definitely agree with the tricks part. There should be more than just a handfull of grabs and flips to choose from.

Also, Ea should release a patch for that multiplayer lag, sometimes it just stops completley. :thumbsdown:

Why're people trying to compare the realistic measures of Skate and THPS? Honestly, THPS WAS NOT and IS NOT meant to be realistic. If you didn't play online in the time it was popular, you've just missed half the game. Even with the idiots and trash talking noobs, the games were so fun. I don't see why when one thing comes along, the other is totally obsolete. Kind of like the kids that're like "OMG LOL SAN ANDREAS RAWKS GTA3 SUCKS BUTTZ"

Enough of my ranting, but really. I know it's all personal opinion etcetera, but unless you've experienced the whole game, the people you were playing the game with.. yeah. And no, I haven't played Skate.

Meh.

SKATE has a good concept and everything, but there are some major problems with the game such as glitches and shit. The storyline wasn't that great either. You can't even get off of your board or build parks or add to the map.

I don't see what's so great about it. The only thing they have is the concept, which wasn't made all that well.