Assassin's creed

Ivan

There's a mag that has a forum - Play, and they say that Creed was a big disappointment. I'll quote them so you can read for yourself:

So, we had Assassin's Creed in last week. It wasn't very good. At all.

In fact, it might one of the most boring games we've played all year, and the PS3 version has dreadful framerate issues, while the 360 one does not. The twist is absolutely mundane, and the cutscenes make for an absolutely dreadful story.

What are your plans with the game? Are you still going to buy it, even if you don't see a review before it goes on sale?

Is the hype enough?

That post was by Samuel Roberts, who's a writer for Play. Some people are saying it's decent, but flawed, others are saying it's a disaster. I haven't played it so I have no opinion yet, but it doesn't make me want to get the game, that's for sure. Another problem is that sometimes the A.I guards run straight up to you shouting 'ASSASSIN!' even though you're walking along like a normal civilian, not pushing anyone around, and the other problem mentioned was automatic climbing. That last choice might seem silly, but I think it was mentioned you'd have to press buttons to climb walls, but that isn't the case now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was also a horrible collision detection system, and the game became tedious all too quickly. So, not good. Here's a few more quotes to round off the gloominess:

Creed is a colossal disappointment. When you get far more enjoyment laughing at crowd reactions to you hanging ten feet above their heads, and little else, you know the game's in trouble.

^ Said by Craig Gilmore, who's left the mag now I think.

The internet, and the general scores of other reviewers, are becoming insane (Ratchet and Clank, for example). Trust us on this: Assassin's Creed is the biggest letdown in years. It's worth renting if you're curious, but because everybody else is on a "Let's score everything massively!" bandwagon, you'll just have to take my word for it.

And the internet? Pah! That's just a rush to get the review out first. Everybody probably received the game this morning, and wrote the review in twenty minutes. On the internet, the score has far too much importance.

Jesus, I hate the game...

^ And one more by Samuel Roberts. There are more quotes, but that's enough for now I think.

It isn't that good, IMO. The combat system sucks major ass, the AI is major ass, the gameplay itself is major ass and the story is pretty ass, though it was a pretty interesting premise.

One interesting scenario: I was walking down the street LIKE ANY OTHER GUY DRESSED IN WHITE WITH WEAPONS AROUND HIS BODY, right, and a guard comes up, and it's all like DO YOU WANT TO COUNTER and I'm like YEAH DUDE and he chucks a knife thing and it hits a random civilian for some unknown reason AND I GET SWARMED AND DIE. EVEN WHEN THE COMBAT SYSTEM DOESN'T ALLOW SWARMING. Or something like that. Doing this at a games expo doesn't help either.

Don't make the same error that I did... DON'T BUY IT.

All those bad things they been saying are true and I trully regret buying this game, make your self a favour and don't buy it

Ok, thanks for the advice...I mean it. :D

I wasn't sure at all about this game and I needed a strong opinion about it before I buy it, which I'm not going to do now. I guess I'll just stick with Call of Duty 4 for now, I haven't gotten bored of it yet.

Stick with COD4. I should have bought that one...

I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

I was wondering if you could elaborate on why Assassin's Creed is a bad game. Please list reasons why and give a little detail if you can. I just want to be sure that it's as bad as I've been hearing.

EDIT: I just watched X-Play on the G4 channel and they gave Assassin's Creed a 5 out of 5.

I have absolutely no idea if I should get this game or not.

Edited by Original GTA Master