Teenager Murdered for Feed his MMO

Slyde

Source

Hanoi - Police in Vietnam have arrested a 13-year-old boy accused of murdering and robbing an 81-year-old woman for money to play online games, a police official said Tuesday. Dinh The Dan was arrested on Sunday at his home in Nam Dinh province, 80 kilometers south of Hanoi, according to local policeman Nguyen Duy Duong.

Police say Dan strangled Mai Thi Mau, 81, with a piece of rope and took 100,000 dong (6.2 dollars) from her before burying her in a pile of sand in front of his house on November 10.

"Dan confessed that he needed money to play online games and decided to kill and rob the woman," Duong said.

"He is too young to be put in prison for the crime he committed, but we will send him to a reeducation camp, which may release him after he shows enough good behavior," Duong said.

In November last year, Vietnamese police arrested a 15-year-old boy accused of extorting money to play online games.

Trinh Dinh Thanh, of northern Vinh Phuc province,was arrested after he allegedly demanded some 300 dollars from a local businessman, threatening to splash sulfuric acid on the face of the man's 12-year-old daughter if he refused to pay.

Online gaming is wildly popular in Vietnam, with internet cafes typically packed with teenagers after school and late into the night.

The craze has prompted concern among parents and authorities - Vietnamese media even reported that one young boy died after sitting at a computer for three days straight, though any such death could not be confirmed by police.

Internet cafes have been instructed to limit the time that young people spend on computer games, but the rules have proved difficult to enforce.

Pretty disgusting stuff. The power of mmo...

The number of cases that relate to WoW a(or similar)re far higher than that of GTA, for one. And, it's not as if they're killing to feed their addiction to GTA... is it? People can blame GTA, because it 'glamourises' killing. Wow (or similar) is a completely different genre, with a completely different theme, which doesn't involve killing random people, because it's set in a completely fictional place. GTA is set in America (although a fictional place IN America)

You see?

I'm saying that it would be a good idea for companies who produce MMORPG's to use a splash screen or some shit, where they basically tell kis not to obssess over it, just like GTA tells you that T2 and R* don't 'endorse, encourage, or condone this kind of behaviour'

In my opinion, if more people kill from Wow (or similar), which is less like real life than GTA does, then it's a problem.

Also, it's not as if I'd consistently badger them, and take them to court for every fucking little thing. I'd contact 'em once, and leave it.

The number of cases that relate to WoW a(or similar)re far higher than that of GTA, for one. And, it's not as if they're killing to feed their addiction to GTA... is it? People can blame GTA, because it 'glamourises' killing. Wow (or similar) is a completely different genre, with a completely different theme, which doesn't involve killing random people, because it's set in a completely fictional place. GTA is set in America (although a fictional place IN America)

You see?

I'm saying that it would be a good idea for companies who produce MMORPG's to use a splash screen or some shit, where they basically tell kis not to obssess over it, just like GTA tells you that T2 and R* don't 'endorse, encourage, or condone this kind of behaviour'

In my opinion, if more people kill from Wow (or similar), which is less like real life than GTA does, then it's a problem.

Also, it's not as if I'd consistently badger them, and take them to court for every fucking little thing. I'd contact 'em once, and leave it.

thats a very good point

i have always thought games like Wow aint doing kids any good. especially the kids that just play them non-stop, i think they get so detatched from the real world playing a fake life, subconciously they cant tell whats real life and whats a game. and thats when you get serious problems. also bear in mind that Wow does have killing in it, but unlike gta, it doesent make you aware of the concequences of killing (eg: being chased by the cops and getting arrested ect), and that cant be good for kids that already have scrambled brains from playing this rpg crap.

If you kill, and you're perfectly aware of what you did, and had INTENTIONS to kill for money, you're a murderer. You should be tried and sentenced as if you were an adult. Age means nothing. People who "kill because of GTA" are clinically insane/ill/retarded/etc.... Either that or they just wanted to use GTA as an excuse. These kids are killing for the sole purpose of playing WoW. It's ludicrous. For such a simple game, at that. I mean, honestly, it isn't even one of the top MMORPGs......

• 2 weeks later...
To all of you - it's not the developers fault. I'd say the ones responsible are parents. Where the hell are they so they don't see their child(ren) turning into junkies?

The truth. I mean i used to play WoW. I fucked friends off. Bands. My ex(for abit) To play that piece of shit. All i got out of it was mass lag in Ironforge and fucking shitty gold spammers.