What's Bigger

Max Payne

Just because Liberty City has three islands and Vice City has two doesn't mean Liberty City is bigger. Before the release of Vice City, I heard it was going to be twice the size of Liberty City. Why would Rockstar make a game at that time with a city smaller than their previous game?

um, GTA IV is smaller than SA.

Just because Liberty City has three islands and Vice City has two doesn't mean Liberty City is bigger. Before the release of Vice City, I heard it was going to be twice the size of Liberty City. Why would Rockstar make a game at that time with a city smaller than their previous game?

um, GTA IV is smaller than SA.

Which is why I said "at that time".

My Dick....

It doesn't really matter about how big the map size is, its the size of MB the game needs, GTA III Liberty City needs 700 MB on the computer while VC's Vice City needs 1.25 GB (Without Direct X), with Direct X it's 915 MB. I can't compare the Stories, but I'd say it'll be about 200MB more each.

With this Vice is bigger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although this topic is pretty much dead, I will post something about it.

Vice City is bigger than Liberty City if you think about it Vice City has 3 Islands (West Island, Middle Island (Starfish, Prawn & Leaf Links & East Island). The bridges are indeed long (One bridge runs from east to West) some take minutes to cross whereas in Liberty City it takes a short amount of time to get from North Portland to South Portland. It takes just slightly more time to get to North Vice Point to South Ocean Beach. Therefore Vice City is longer Width-Wise and Higher Length-Wise.

This is what I believe.

Liberty city had way more roads then Vice City did, it also included train roads and subways, however, Vice City has way more off-road land and open spaces but just enough road for a good police chase around town. In many ways, Liberty City does give off the illusion that it is larger then Vice City but Vice city does take a while to travel in too, so i would say Vice is just a fraction larger the Liberty City. So in some ways one can be bigger then the other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Vice City is larger. This is because of the fact that you can use choppers that makes it seem smaller. Also how long does it take you to get across the biggest beach near the hotel. It takes some time right. Yes, and how long does it take to go from side to side using open- spaced roads in LC not that long.

• 2 weeks later...