Trailer 3 Released - Move Up, Ladies

Chris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beggining When he say "niko my cousin, welcome to america" Niko responded: "Zdravo, bracaru" meaning " hello brother.

just tought ill give some info, hope you appriciate it :)

Cool. Your Slovenian. Is that phrase Slovenian or is it another Slavic language? Is it definitely Slovenian or could it be something else as well. If not then we could be fairly certain which country Niko is from.

After doing some research I found the song is in fact called Seryoga - 2 Kaiser. King Ring is the label and Serjoga was spelt incorrectly (which Chris already picked up on).

You're right actually. But the one used in the trailer appears to be some kind of remix because the album version I've acquired lacks the guitar.

EDIT: Yeah, the trailer one is 2 Kaiser but it's titled King Ring someplaces, guess it's technically, and probably Seryoga - 2 Kaiser (King Ring Remix).. the backing vocals in places sound like they're singing 'King Ring' to me.

Differences are: remix is 21 seconds longer, has guitars and backing vocals in places and I think has slightly more rapping. The album version features another rapper called Azad, the remix doesn't.

Well yes, i am Slovenian. But my father and mother are from Bosnia & part Serbian, so i know the language, can speak, read and write it. Yes i tought it could be Serbian, becouse Serbian use the word "Zdravo" but they dont use word "bracaru" well it is possible, but then again Russia has some words very similar to Slovenian and Serbo-croatian language. They are both ortodox religions, so it could be connection. I think Niko is still Russian, but luckly i understood the words and made an asumption.

Bracaru is in serbian often used as braco or brate. (bracaru could be an word that is used like, for example: Gradnfather - grandpa, to make word more lovely)

well cya around

I kinda lol'd at the roach on the bottom of the brother's shoe when they got to "the mansion." And the TV falling down generated broken glass. The tag on the sport-looking car where he's shooting by, says "Liberty city" and looks to be like they put a county name below that. Can anyone zoom in on that? It's right before the boat scene.

Well yes, i am Slovenian. But my father and mother are from Bosnia & part Serbian, so i know the language, can speak, read and write it. Yes i tought it could be Serbian, becouse Serbian use the word "Zdravo" but they dont use word "bracaru" well it is possible, but then again Russia has some words very similar to Slovenian and Serbo-croatian language. They are both ortodox religions, so it could be connection. I think Niko is still Russian, but luckly i understood the words and made an asumption.

Bracaru is in serbian often used as braco or brate. (bracaru could be an word that is used like, for example: Gradnfather - grandpa, to make word more lovely)

well cya around

Thanks for the insight. I understand the languages are similar which is why I asked in the first place, but basically Niko is most likely a Serb (which was my guess once we found he wasn't Russian :P ) based on the fact that we believe 'Zdravo bracaru' is a Serbian phrase...

hmm... still, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, it's just nice to know a little more about the protagonist. So maybe he is Serb, well he's probably Serb... but there's still a chance he's not... maybe mixed heritage like yourself and knows a couple of languages and decided to use that one... I digress... :)

Isn't Niko definetly Russian? One of the guys says to Roman 'Wheres your Russian firend now?' I am positive he is Russian although at first I assumed he was Serbian.

Yeah but anyone can have a friend who is Russian. That's basically like me asking you "Where's your French friend now?".

I see how you're interpreting that, but it's not definite if you see what I'm saying. Also if he was talking to Roman you'd guess he'd know they were relatives and said "Where's your cousin now?"

Thinking about it, the sort of person he is, illegally immigrating and all that, he clearly has connections in a few European countries I would have thought.

well cya around

Thanks for the insight. I understand the languages are similar which is why I asked in the first place, but basically Niko is most likely a Serb (which was my guess once we found he wasn't Russian :P ) based on the fact that we believe 'Zdravo bracaru' is a Serbian phrase...

hmm... still, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, it's just nice to know a little more about the protagonist. So maybe he is Serb, well he's probably Serb... but there's still a chance he's not... maybe mixed heritage like yourself and knows a couple of languages and decided to use that one... I digress... :)

Yep. "Zravo" means "Hello", "bracaru" means "brother". I honestly didn't even notice that he was speaking Serbian until I read that comment! And as d0gz1lla said, the Serbian and the Russian language is extremely similar. The alphabet is only about 5 or so letters different, but the reason I believe Niko is Serbian is because of his last name, "Belic". That is a Serbian name, I'm almost 100% sure of it. Russian names often end in "ov". Where as just about every Serbian name ends with "ic" (pronounced "E-CH").

I think Niko is his full name, doubt it will be something longer, from what I have seen on the trailers and all that he will definetly be called Niko.

"Niko" is basically the Serbian equivalent to "Nick" I believe. The full name is "Nikola", as in the Serbian inventor, "Nikola Tesla".

Edited by MishoM

It's absolutely fine if you download the video.. if it still does it then, buy a new PC.... :P

Highlight: The 3 fight scenes... "We need to fight these people"

I don't think you understand man, I have a great computer (2 GB RAM, Core 2 Duo, etc) and the game itself seems like it lags on a 360 for some reason. Watch when people are talking, maybe it's just me I don't know.

It's absolutely fine if you download the video.. if it still does it then, buy a new PC.... :P

I don't think you understand man, I have a great computer (2 GB RAM, Core 2 Duo, etc) and the game itself seems like it lags on a 360 for some reason. Watch when people are talking, maybe it's just me I don't know.

Didn't look laggy to me. Could, y'know, just be the video.

Hi,

I watched this trailer. It's awsome !

But I'd like to know some things.

Roman says to Niko "I told you to be calm, you hotheaded chump".

What does "Hotheaded chump" mean please ?

Thx !

Well, around here a "hot head" is usually someone who gets angered easily or a lot. Very temperamental. A chump is a gullible person. Usually lacking common sense. Falls for anything.

Spaz, actualy, i didnt know his last name, belic?

Well it does end whit IC ( but becouse english aphabeth do not have Č and Š letter, it should end like Belič, mine ends Šabič)

if those letters you see are (!"#$%&/&) tell me and ill find another way to show them to you)

cya around

Didn't look laggy to me. Could, y'know, just be the video.

Nah, I think I'm just seeing shit. I re watched it and it looked fine :P. Whenever I see shiny shit it looks laggy for some reason.

LOL, games are never sold out. There has never been one occasion where I haven't been able to find a game on day-one. I remember everyone going nuts saying I wouldn't be able to find Halo 3 on September 25th anywhere. I walked into Best Buy, and they had at least 50 of the regular, 10 of the super-special, and probably around 50 of the special edition one.

You'll be able to find this game without much effort as well. However, some places do offer things if you pre-order. I remember I pre-ordered San Andreas and got it slightly early (could have been a fuck up on GameStop's part though).