[PSP] 3.71 M33 Easy Installer

Not a Fanboy

MPG IS BACK AGAIN!Okay so download the 7-Zip SFX as usual. For Windoze, Linux (or Mac OS) use Wine.

DOWNLOAD THIS!

There are 2 ways:

Eazy Eazy Way (Needs 46 MB Free)

Install from Computer (Need 23 MB free)

EAZY EAZY WAY:

Download the file as instructed above and put in under PSP/GAME, so on ur MS you should have a folder called PSP and in PSP have a folder called GAME and in game have it.

Run the file (Double Click). It will say something like "F:\PSP\Game" there, hitEXTRACT Now in the xMB goto Game --> Memory Stick --> PSP Update Version 3.71

It will say something about starting SCE at which point it will look just like a normal CE Firmware update (but trust me and DaX, it's not!).

It will say to Press X at the end to restart, DO IT! DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, ACCORDING TO DaX if you shut down the normal way it will brick!

Install From Computer:

Download the file as instructed above to any folder.

Run the file (Double Click). It will say the path of the folder where you are. Find out the Drive Letter of your PSP and put "F:\PSP\Game" where F is the letter (You can contact me for help), hit EXTRACT Now in the xMB goto Game -->Memory Stick --> PSP Update Version 3.71

It will say something about starting SCE at which point it will look just like a normal CE Firmware update (but trust me and DaX, it's not!).

It will say to Press X at the end to restart, DO IT! DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, ACCORDING TO DaX if you shut down the normal way it will brick!

Old Homebrew:

Within a few days there will be a 1.50 kernel add on for fat PSP to run most, Old Homebrew if you want to then try an older version:

3.52 M33

3.40 OE

3.71 M33 Update 2 (a/k/a 3.71 M33-2)

This works only if you have 3.71 M33, which needs atleast 3.52 M33-2

Download Link

Download the RAR file, extract the UPDATE folder (recommend use of 7-Zip File Manager). Copy it to PSP/GAME so you should have PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP Goto Game --> Memory Stick from the xMB to run the update.

3.71 M33 Update 3 (a/k/a 3.71 M33-3)

This works only if you have 3.71 M33, which needs atleast 3.52 M33-2

Download Link

Download the RAR file, extract the UPDATE folder (recommend use of 7-Zip File Manager). Copy it to PSP/GAME so you should have PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP Goto Game --> Memory Stick from the xMB to run the update.

PLEASE NOTE:

I have coped the BB Code from my other site.

Only users who have 3.52 M33 (FAT PSP)/3.60 M33 (SLIM PSP)can goto this, and to goto 3.52 M33 you can only go from another M33 or OE, to get 3.60 M33 you need Pandora's Battery.

Awesome, this isnt quite what I was looking for but its on the right path - I was just gonna make a thread about this sort of thing, here's my situation

A friend is getting a PSP S&L for Xmas, and wants me to put custom firmware on it. What are the exact steps I need to follow for this to work. The friend that did this for me wont be around to do it, so just asking here.

Is it 3.6 firmware they come with? So do I need to make a pandora's battery?

Edited by WRX22B1998

Awesome, this isnt quite what I was looking for but its on the right path - I was just gonna make a thread about this sort of thing, here's my situation

A friend is getting a PSP S&L for Xmas, and wants me to put custom firmware on it. What are the exact steps I need to follow for this to work. The friend that did this for me wont be around to do it, so just asking here.

If I remember correctly, they come with 1.5 installed and a demo disc with the latest version on it. However this might of changed due to the fact that loads of people were using homebrew...

They come w/ 3.60 last I checked..

YOu need PB... If it's 3.71 you use Des.Cemetery which I will post on soon!

• 1 month later...