Inside Liberty City: Developer Diary

Chris

Rockstar are certainly making up for the months fans waited without any news on GTA IV by giving us a lot of stuff to enjoy over the past week or so. Today, Yahoo have posted a developer diary which details part of how Rockstar Games and Rockstar North have created Liberty City. The article includes some screenshots side-by-side with their real life counterpart, along with 4 new screenshots.

gtaiv_screenshot_49.jpg gtaiv_screenshot_50.jpg gtaiv_screenshot_51.jpg gtaiv_screenshot_52.jpg

Just the detail on the shots is incredible, and the side-by-side comparisons are equally as good. I actually thought they'd make the Statue of Liberty a bit more jokey than that, seeing as they like parodying things. If you can go on the Screamer, I wonder if you can throw people out their seats...? :D I need a next-gen console now dammit. Good shots, as always.

The best thing about this article is that it points out how the graphics are merely the tip of the iceberg & what's really going to set this game apart is the level of realism & immersion that will be possible. It's going to be the little differences & the attention to detail, which will make GTA IV so much more enjoyable than the previous titles (I'm hoping).

I really want this to be a game that I can keep going back to, because unfortunately I don't think SA was. Once the missions were all done, there wasn't much left to do except start the storyline over again.

if u look at the one with times square its got a billboard that says WEAZEL news, and weazelnews.com, mayb thats a site we'll be able to visit ingame! :D

Well fuck, good looking. The WHOIS information shows this:

Domain Name: weazelnews.com

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

Expiration Date: 2010-01-24

Creation Date: 2007-01-24

Last Update Date: 2007-01-24

Name Servers:

ns33.worldnic.com

ns34.worldnic.com

Isn't Network Solutions the company that Rockstar buys their domains from?