Anyone else woried?

fatalgamer

I was watching the review of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare(looks pretty damn sweet by the way). Anyways, the guy giving the review says, "Who knew that the XBOX 360 still had this much head room". (he's talking about the graphics) This sort of worries me. Is the 360 already reaching it's limits? We've all seen the screens and trailers for GTA IV, and no doubt, it's freakin beautiful, and there is talk about a bunch of enteriors and no load times and such. Could this mean trouble for the 360? I was watching the trailers yestarday and noticed they were a bit laggy. As if they had some frame rate problems. This also worries me. What if we get GTA IV, expecting flawless gameplay like in the others and it turns out to be glitchy and laggy. And after spending $97.11 on it I'm not going to be to happy. I'll cry, (hold me mommy) I think of Saints Row, it graphics were pretty good, but not that good and it had bad tearing and fucking bad frame rate. Think about it.

What I'm asking is, Do you think that we have anything to worry about? Do you think that Rockstar is gonna take care of it? Could this be one of the reasons, besides the PS3, that caused this delay? With the extra time given by the Delay, will they have everything worked out?

Edited by fatalgamer

For $97.11 I hope you're getting one of the collector packs w/ extra goodies.

I look at some of the new games (for PC) & the system requirements & know exactly what you mean. Fortunately, R* has

been more concerned w/ gameplay & off key humor than dazzling everybody w/ high end graphics. Also one of the main

reasons cited for GTA4's delay is getting the graphics right. Since they're making the games specifically for the consoles

I think they'll get it right.

Still can't wait to find out. :bashhead:

For $97.11 I hope you're getting one of the collector packs w/ extra goodies.

I look at some of the new games (for PC) & the system requirements & know exactly what you mean. Fortunately, R* has

been more concerned w/ gameplay & off key humor than dazzling everybody w/ high end graphics. Also one of the main

reasons cited for GTA4's delay is getting the graphics right. Since they're making the games specifically for the consoles

I think they'll get it right.

Still can't wait to find out. :bashhead:

The $97.11 is the collectors editions after tax. I calculate so I have exact change. Yeah they are making it specifically for consoles. I trust Rockstar, they have yet to dissapoint, but I'm just worried, that's all.

Edited by fatalgamer

I doubt the game will be laggy and slow, they (R*) learned that lesson with VCS, I think the delay will have sorted all these problems and I doubt it will be crap on the 360 or even the PS3 for that matter.

I think it was sort of rumoured that there was tow main reasons why the game got delayed

i - PS3 was 2 weeks behind the 360 version

ii - 360 had too many versions and R* was finding it difficult to know if it would work on the Core version.

Overall though these problems would have been recitfied by now.

i cant believe you even asked the question! R* are by now quite experienced at the whole making good games thing...

yes VCS was laggy but it had to cope with the parameters of the psp... GTAIV is coming out on the PS3 which is an amazing machine, and even the 360 is a good machine (btw i hate 360)!

there's nothing to worry about it'll be fine!

Red Devil - I presume you mean the PSP version of VCS. On the PS2 my problem was the opposite, graphics were too low

but I had no lagging in game play. If anything the PS3 would be the first choice for graphics. As I recall they were built

around the N-Vidia 7200 so the PS3 should look the best of the bunch.

EDIT: I see GTAplayer69 posted while I was typing. :lol:

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

i cant believe you even asked the question! R* are by now quite experienced at the whole making good games thing...

yes VCS was laggy but it had to cope with the parameters of the psp... GTAIV is coming out on the PS3 which is an amazing machine, and even the 360 is a good machine (btw i hate 360)!

there's nothing to worry about it'll be fine!

Red Devil - I presume you mean the PSP version of VCS. On the PS2 my problem was the opposite, graphics were too low

but I had no lagging in game play. If anything the PS3 would be the first choice for graphics. As I recall they were built

around the N-Vidia 7200 so the PS3 should look the best of the bunch.

EDIT: I see GTAplayer69 posted while I was typing. :lol:

First bold: I know that, but they have only one next gen game out which is ofcourse Rockstar games Presents Table Tennis. It looks amazing by the way. But that is all they have out and last time I played it, I was'nt able to run around a huge, beautifuly designed environment with tons of interiors and only one load time.

Second bold: Truthfully they both,PS3 and 360, look the same to me. I watched some graphics comparisons on some games, including Assassin's Creed, which I happen to own and it looks amazing too. It looks about identical, except the PS3 versions of most of the game, for some reason, looked brighter like the colors were'nt bold enough or something.

I'm not worried at all, they've had more than enough time to work on it and sort out any frame rate issues they had/have, they've been making the game since San Andreas came out nearly 4 years ago so I'm sure everything's going to plan. I don't think the 360 has reached its limit either, COD4 looks incredible, sure, but as time goes by, developers get to grips with the software more and more, the PS2 being a great example - God of War 2 came out this year and it's probably the best looking PS2 game of all time. If anything, you should be more worried with the PS3 version, it's been out for just over a year, whereas 360 has been out since late 2005, so it has less experience.

I'm not worried at all, they've had more than enough time to work on it and sort out any frame rate issues they had/have, they've been making the game since San Andreas came out nearly 4 years ago so I'm sure everything's going to plan. I don't think the 360 has reached its limit either, COD4 looks incredible, sure, but as time goes by, developers get to grips with the software more and more, the PS2 being a great example - God of War 2 came out this year and it's probably the best looking PS2 game of all time. If anything, you should be more worried with the PS3 version, it's been out for just over a year, whereas 360 has been out since late 2005, so it has less experience.

Hey!, you got a good point there Bossman. I feel better now. You guys are right. What was I thinking, Rockstar has it in the bag. I just can't wait to see how it is. Seriously, you guys have no idea. Call me a game nerd or what have you, but I think every day is just one step closer to the release. I think about GTA IV evertime I think of video games, turn on my 360 or play GTA SA! It just sucks to think that we have to wait another 3 to 6 months to play it.

Im not worried about lagging and/or frame rate issues, and to be honest, ive never actualy noticed any of those problems with the other gta games (guess i never paid attention). I just hope that R* sticks to what they do best, and if they have to sacrifice grafics for gameplay, as in gta sa, then that would be just fine with me :)

Im not worried about lagging and/or frame rate issues, and to be honest, ive never actualy noticed any of those problems with the other gta games (guess i never paid attention). I just hope that R* sticks to what they do best, and if they have to sacrifice grafics for gameplay, as in gta sa, then that would be just fine with me :)

No one ever said that it was in other games. I said I was worried about it on the next gen systems cause they were putting so much in to it.

i cant quote it bcause for some reason my pc keeps freezing up while im on this site, but:

gta player #69 said:

yes VCS was laggy but it had to cope with the parameters of the psp...

i was basicly refering to this game, and i never noticed the lags. (apart from the motion blur).

Edited by gtaraider

Gameplay beats graphics in the GTA games. I'm not that worried about Grand Theft Auto IV.

I totally agree, but, they are making the graphics so good looking that IF (imphasis on if) done wrong it will effect the game play. Look at Sain't Row, looked pretty damn good for the first next-gen free roam GTA style title, but the the frame rate was shitty and the tearing was at times unbearable. Still a game worth playing if you hav'nt already, but it was just tough to see or know what was going on at times. GTA IV looks 100 fold better. I'm completely convienced Rockstar has it all under control now. I'm no longer worried about GTA IV having frame rate problems or the XBOX 360 reaching limitations any time soon.

I didn't notice a bad frame rate in Saint's Row, but maybe that's just me. I DID notice lag in the trailers though, so I'm with you on that one. I re watched it 5 times, one time I thought I didn't see lag, re watched it again and I did :(.

OOOOOOHHHHH buddy, play Saints Row again and you'll see what I'm talking about. Rotate the camera fast, watch the screen tear. Blow up a bunch of shit all at the same time and look at the bad frame rate and lag. Trust me, it's there. Plus the handling on alot of the cars in Saints sucked, so that's a few more points duducted, but that is way off topic.