LCS, VCS double pack?

Yeah, see? Everyone who thinks San Andreas can't fit on a UMD is proved wrong in the following, if you can't understand it just ask, but it's pretty fucking simple:

anim: 269mb

audio: 3.23gb

models: 1.11gb

movies: 24.1mb

readme: 30.6kb

text: 1.43mb

data: 20.0mb

So, add up the data folder, text folder, anim folder, and models folder... thats the real size of ALL of SA. They're not going to use ALL of the models, they're not going to use ALL of the data folder... I think you see what I mean?

Meh, sure they could fit sanandreas onto a UMD, but without buggering up the GTA experiance? :huh: ummm...

I mean, the original SA was somewhat glitchy. Rockstar said it themselves that they had trouble fitting it all into one disk.

It just sounds too good to be true... All im sure of is that i would denfinitely buy a game titled "GTA: SanAndreas Stories"

Heck, i would any GTA game.

I think Rockstar can find a way to do it dude... they always have.

Great.

So that means the UMD has a capacity of...?(No one answered that.) Now you made Grampa use Google, happy now? :P

Official specs from Playstation site -

http://playstation.about.com/od/psp/a/PSPSpecs.htm

According to this site, the UMD will hold 1.8 gig, less than half the 4.4 gig you accounted for in SA.

On one hand the "Stories" games have launched on PSP, but they're followed by PS2 versions (definitely no problem fitting

it there). Add to that, R* has a long & profitable history w/ the PS2, so I could see them trying to get in 1 more title before

it gives way to the PS3. Most of the work is already done, just write a new storyline & script it & have instant low-buck title.

Even if the map is only 9MB the GTA3.DIR & IMG files are also very big and it would suck to only have 2 radio stations and cheap SFX. The game contains much more models, textures and cols then VC and it would make the file really big... But i bet you if they felt like it, theyd make sure everything fits. I had this really stupid idea, what if they make all models really small, including the player, cars, buildings and all other objects what would make the files much smaller and the map much bigger... They could fit more. But there must be something stupid about this idea and why it wouldnt work....Really stupid BUT what if??

Theres nothing really stupid about the idea, it's a PSP, it can't meet the same level as a PC or console. So like, the models folder in VCS has to be smaller than the one in VC.

I mean the actual size not the file size but the size of objects ingame... Like if buildings were the size of a post box in vc and the player even smaller so you couldnt really notice the difference. Like the actual size of the object ingame and if it were small then the file size would also be much smaller. like the building is, i dunno like 10 times as big as the post box but if you make the whole game world 10x smaller the map itself would seem bigger and as all objects are small the file size would be smaller. What i mean is like making the building the size of a post box and everything else even smaller so you cant notice anything wrong. Thats why i think its a stupid idea but its kinda cool cuz it "could" work......

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

okay since i cant explain with words here you go: this is what i mean in size

smallwl9.png

I made small Cols, Dffs and really small txds and now the file is also much smaller and the models are smaller in size so the map seems bigger. If it is possible to make the player that small and all the vehicles and the rest of the models, all the files would be much smaller and you could fit more onto the UMD.

Pretty confusing but do you get it? maybe this could be possible... Very strange though.... WIERD.... Like a gnome city....

okay since i cant explain with words here you go: this is what i mean in size

smallwl9.png

I made small Cols, Dffs and really small txds and now the file is also much smaller and the models are smaller in size so the map seems bigger. If it is possible to make the player that small and all the vehicles and the rest of the models, all the files would be much smaller and you could fit more onto the UMD.

Pretty confusing but do you get it? maybe this could be possible... Very strange though.... WIERD.... Like a gnome city....

Like... resizing an big image to fit on the PSP's small screen? But it would make the textures and models more pixelated, won't it?

Dr.Dbl-Gee - nice way to illustrate your point. How much were you able to reduce the size of files this way?

The original dff was 190kb but when i scaled it by 20 the new dff file was only 38kb! i had to do some UV mapping though to get the txd right. Also the col file became much smaller but this time i left the txd the same size. I didnt bother... If they scaled everything down by 20 then they could fit so much more into the game... Mini world. Check this out:

small3dk8.pngsmall4ay6.png

And yea the two houses in Zmod and Ingame are different models but these are just examples. Do you guys get my retarded idea now?

There are no plans to release GTA San Andreas Stories on the PSP.

He said PSP! :P Just kidding, but I think they'll still do it, I mean it's not like you can randomly email them and ask them the release date of GTA IV and they'll tell you. He's just saying that so theres no speculation.

I dont know why but somehow im not really excited about it even if it comes out... Im in the IV mood...

Theres nothing really stupid about the idea, it's a PSP, it can't meet the same level as a PC or console. So like, the models folder in VCS has to be smaller than the one in VC.

I mean the actual size not the file size but the size of objects ingame... Like if buildings were the size of a post box in vc and the player even smaller so you couldnt really notice the difference. Like the actual size of the object ingame and if it were small then the file size would also be much smaller. like the building is, i dunno like 10 times as big as the post box but if you make the whole game world 10x smaller the map itself would seem bigger and as all objects are small the file size would be smaller. What i mean is like making the building the size of a post box and everything else even smaller so you cant notice anything wrong. Thats why i think its a stupid idea but its kinda cool cuz it "could" work......

I had the same idea, once. I was thinking, "Couldn't games get much bigger if everything was made much smaller?". As stated, textures would become lower-detailed. They wouldn't be high-res.

Nobody said it was true, although, it's extreamley likley.

It would also be very logical to continue the Stories series with SAS. Besides, if it is true, what else could they be working on?

Uhhh GTAIV...

Uhhh different division of Rockstar?

Uhhh different division of Rockstar?

Rockstar North works on both console and handheld. Although, Rockstar Leeds also takes part in making the handheld games. But since Rockstar North is busy with GTAIV, then I doubt Rockstar Leeds would be making a game as big as an San Andreas Stories by themselves.

Or are you suggesting there are two different divisions of Rockstar North???

They are making another OSO GTA. It's been dubbed San Andreas for now. We're waiting for confermation on San Andreas Stories, so yeah. I'll like to see that, even though I won't be able to play it cause my PSP got jacked recently. I'm working hard to find the person and I'm gonna beat his fucking ass into the motherfuckin pavement.
Would be great to be able to play SA on-the-go but I doubt they can fit such a large game on a UMD.