Death penalty

Ivan

New Jersey doesn't have the death penalty anymore, it's the first state in the USA that doesn't have it.

What do you think of this?

I think capitol punishment is a necessary evil. Charles Manson is currently serving life as California removed the death

penalty in '72 while he was awaiting execution for the LaBianca/Tate murders. There is no chance of this guy ever being

anything but a violent psychopath & his crimes did merit execution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

At this time there are 12 (I think) states w/ no death penalty (List of states w/out capitol punishment just below chart in link).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punis...e_United_States

Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

Just though I'd chuck that in though. That aside, I'm all for it. A life for a life.

Also, My policy on people who commit rape is that they should be castrated. < I'm actually serious, not just taking the opportunity to make a joke about balls.

I personally dont believe in the death penalty. If someone rapes or murders someone and gets the death penalty he is getting the easy way out. Whereas if he was to get life he would learn his punishment etc.

That is the thing with death penalty. How can you tell if someone deserves a death penalty, or more?

See, you kill someone in self defence. Should you be executed?

You kill someone just because you felt like it? Should you be executed then? I believe yes, eye for an eye, tho that really wouldn't help the family of the victim.

You kill a few people just out of fun. Shall you be executed? Or something even worse? In a 2x2 cell for life. I think here the death penalty is a too easy way out. Tho people who're isolated often commit a suicide. So there is something worse than death.

Who wants to be the judge?

Nobody has the right to take a life, with the exception of the goverment who order these people dead? Or the army, stopping your towns being attacked by terrorist groups?

I agree with Urban. It should all come down to how the family of the victim wish the criminal to be punished.

Some sick SOB rapes & dismembers kids, that's what they should expect.

x2

Nobody has the right to take a life, with the exception of the goverment who order these people dead? Or the army, stopping your towns being attacked by terrorist groups?

I agree with Urban. It should all come down to how the family of the victim wish the criminal to be punished.

Some sick SOB rapes & dismembers kids, that's what they should expect.

x2

When a fucking lowlife comes busting into my home, the bitch is going to die. Or get wounded, one.

Hmm

This seems to make sense...I remember asking about "If someone breaks into your house and then you beat them up so they don't steal your stuff or try and kill you etc, then why should you be put in jail or whatever - since you're just protecting your own stuff"

@COBHC666

Im sure that you can get life sentences in Australia...they would have to be able to give that..

I also think that the death penalty is the easy way out...obviously they are dead..but..they don't have to suffer like their victim did (ie murder etc) and so they should have a life sentence - although then it comes up of "why should our taxes pay to feed/shelter heartless criminals etc"

You could kill 2 million people and get 25 years then come out in Portugal.

I know, its' total bullshit.

I personally dont believe in the death penalty. If someone rapes or murders someone and gets the death penalty he is getting the easy way out. Whereas if he was to get life he would learn his punishment etc.

Yea, but you set an example to others, and save taxpayer money by not paying for their food/maintenance and by not having to build more prisons. And, if you believe in Karma, then they're not getting the easy way out.

Edited by hunter88888