Make your XP look like Vista!

lagane

No website advertising.

That is All.

theres really no point to doing this, if you want to make it look like VISTA, GET VISTA. all you do here is have Eyecandy, which takes up allot of memory and space.

What the fuck guys?

I happen to hate Vista but I do like the look of it.

Note to OP: Nice tutorial, although I've tried multiple ways to skinning it. To emulate Vista, WindowBlinds is the best way. Because with all the programs you have to run if you're not running WindowBlinds (ViStart, ViOrb, TrueTransparency, etc...) it's just more efficient to run WindowBlinds.

Hi. I'm the author of the tutorial. I don't think it's advertising, but rather, he is trying to introduce to the others about this "how to make your XP look like Vista" tutorial.

That is advertising, idiot.

I wouldn't say so. As far as I can see, this guy isn't the creator of this tutorial, or site, and neither is he affiliated with it. I wouldn't consider it advertising.

heheh told

Anyways this seems like a good idea.. I tried out one of these (vista inspirat) but then caused some problems eg when i click start-shutdown, nothing happens...so i got my original files back from another XP computer (explorer.exe;winlogon.exe).

Its very good if you want the look of vista, and the compatibility of XP..I especially hate (now that i found out) the default setting. "You are opening ... are you sure" Gives a "are you sure" way more than needed

No website advertising.

That is All.

theres really no point to doing this, if you want to make it look like VISTA, GET VISTA. all you do here is have Eyecandy, which takes up allot of memory and space.

What the fuck guys?

I happen to hate Vista but I do like the look of it.

Note to OP: Nice tutorial, although I've tried multiple ways to skinning it. To emulate Vista, WindowBlinds is the best way. Because with all the programs you have to run if you're not running WindowBlinds (ViStart, ViOrb, TrueTransparency, etc...) it's just more efficient to run WindowBlinds.

Exactly. WindowBlinds with Vista Transformation Pack and Vista Sidebar installed is the closest look you can get that's Vista-ish.

Just a point of curiosity, but why?

I've yet to hear anything good about Vista anywhere, John Dvorak (OLD school computer expert) ripped MS for Vista in

the Nov '07 issue of PC magazine (Vista Death Watch, link below). Is it just that good looking or what?

As I said, just a point of curiosity. Enjoy the read -

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1738,3574,00.asp

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Yes, the operating system's visual style is great. The problem with Vista is its performance and reliability.

I LOL'd the last time I went into Best Buy and they were selling laptops with Vista on them. The laptops had 1GB of RAM and laaaaaaaged.

People who buy those computer that run slow when simply running the OS deserve it.