Niko is like almost 100% confirmed Russian.

Stallone

In the latest trailer, Move Up Ladies, at around 56-59 seconds when Roman is rushed by a couple of guys one even holstering a knife to his neck, you can hear someone say, Where's your Russian friend now, eh? Could that Russian friend be Niko in particular? Well, according to the trailer Niko is pretty much the only person that Roman knows positively because Roman seems to be running away from everyone in the trailer, except for his supposed girlfriend Mallorie. Just a hint at it's probably going to be orientated at the Russian Maffia this time around. So I guess we could omit the previous rumors of him being Croation and such.

dunno if its only me but.. i knew niko was russian from the release of the 1st trailer? but yh maybe its russian mafia based.. thats not been confirmed yet.. didnt see any1 in black suits and sunglasses tho lol, so who knows

Yeah my first instinct was that he was a terrorist, but then watching it the second time I knew he was russian. But people were saying his name was of Croatian origin so I didn't know what to believe..>

Was he an ALALALALALA BOMB!!!!!!!!! *E**X**P**L**O**S**I**O**N*

Or was he like a I like you peoples...

Or was he like a Achmane shshake leoslz leodlaf jdghxj ?

Lol i wasconfused.

dunno if its only me but.. i knew niko was russian from the release of the 1st trailer? but yh maybe its russian mafia based.. thats not been confirmed yet.. didnt see any1 in black suits and sunglasses tho lol, so who knows

Yeah my first instinct was that he was a terrorist, but then watching it the second time I knew he was russian. But people were saying his name was of Croatian origin so I didn't know what to believe..>

Was he an ALALALALALA BOMB!!!!!!!!! *E**X**P**L**O**S**I**O**N*

Or was he like a I like you peoples...

Or was he like a Achmane shshake leoslz leodlaf jdghxj ?

Lol i wasconfused.

You're Weird.

How can you be so sure that he's 100% Russian? Plus, what the hell... A Terrorist? You're kidding me, right? All I can see is that he's Serbian or Croatian, we can't be so sure about it.

Let me explain my first vision of the trailer...he sounded weird. He was like, Iah killedah peopleh, smawagled peopahl, like he sounded like a terrorist. But yeah he is Russian for sure cmon, "Where is your Russian friend now?" Doesnt that just at least say something?!

STEREOTYPING, ladies and gentlemen. You ASSUMED from the way he sounded that he was russian. You only THOUGHT you knew.

It also may be that the people who say 'where is you're Russian friend now?' are assuming that he's Russian because of the way he sounds. For all we know, they could be corrected in the cut - off part of that scene.

<_<

STEREOTYPING, ladies and gentlemen. You ASSUMED from the way he sounded that he was russian. You only THOUGHT you knew.

It also may be that the people who say 'where is you're Russian friend now?' are assuming that he's Russian because of the way he sounds. For all we know, they could be corrected in the cut - off part of that scene.

<_<

LOL True, but I highly doubt Roman would say, HES NOT RUSSIAN! HE IS A [insert racial term here]!!! lol

Umm I don't think so.

Cool video!!! Did you seen that high kick Niko made, guess there might be some new styles of MA to learn (it could be all from karate to boxing, who knows)

Liked the end, "well since you put it that way...." :)

Cool graphics and area around, even AK has a new sound, i like it :)

The rap song raps about money, as i understood it.

At the beggining When he say "niko my cousin, welcome to america" Niko responded: "Zdravo, bracaru" meaning " hello brother.

just tought ill give some info, hope you appriciate it :)

And he's Slovian and him understanding that could possibly tell us where Niko is from. At first I also though he was from Russia but after all the investigations people have been doing, it looks like he's not. And I myself speak Russian and "Zravo, Bracauru" sounds faintly similar to how you would say it in Russian but not Russian for sure.

I think I've read on other forums that in the beggining of the 3rd trailer Niko says something in Serbian ... So how can he be Russian ? Plus I also heard that Niko Bellic is not a russian name ... Oh, and 6 or 7 months ago Dan Houser said "He's not russian, he's Eastern European" ... :o :o :o

Sure I'm not saying he isn't ... maybe he was born in Serbia/Croatia etc. and was raised in Russia ... but then again why would he say something in Serbian in the beginning of the 3rd trailer ?

I think I've read on other forums that in the beggining of the 3rd trailer Niko says something in Serbian ... So how can he be Russian ? Plus I also heard that Niko Bellic is not a russian name ... Oh, and 6 or 7 months ago Dan Houser said "He's not russian, he's Eastern European" ... :o :o :o

Sure I'm not saying he isn't ... maybe he was born in Serbia/Croatia etc. and was raised in Russia ... but then again why would he say something in Serbian in the beginning of the 3rd trailer ?

What if his dad was russian, who banged someone in Serbia? LOL I'm joking, let's just wait til the game comes out...enough with the conspiracy theories :lol:

Edited by Stallone

What's everyone's first assumption when you hear his voice? He sounds Russian. If I started talking in a Yugoslavian/Serbian accent, even I sound Russian. That doesn't mean anything.

(BTW, LOL, I don't have a European accent. But I can joke around and make my voice sound exactly like someone from Serbia, its weird...)

Edited by MishoM

Guys,I´m pretty sure Niko will be a more deep character than the others-

Reasons to believe Niko´s russian:

-When you hear eastern Europe>Russian

-Stereotypical accent>Russian

-Stereotypical look>Russian

-Russia themed music in trailer music and scenes

Reasons to believe Niko´s not Russian,instead possibly Yugoslav

-The name,Nikolai is russian,but Bellic isn´t,names ending with ic are extremely common in Balkan.

-"Zdravo Burazeru" is "Hi Brother/cousin" in Bosnian,although with a slightly different accent,much used by people from Sarajevo,the capital of Bosnia.

- From an Interview with OXM: You've talked about picking culturally different neighbourhoods. Can you reveal any of the gang cultures apart from the Russians? Dan Houser(!): I can't reveal gangs too much yet, but one of the things that appealed to us about a) this character (who isn't actually Russian, he's from Eastern Europe) [...]

Now you GOTTA believe one of the creators of Rockstar Games right ?

*Off topic: What are those "dollars" under your join date ?

Edited by Brotha

hehe well we will see if he is serbian or not, but i found out who is realy similar to niko, ever saw the movie behind the enemy lines? Well there is a guy who look similar to niko, and he was serbian :) im not saying this is niko just said he reminds me of him chek the pic.

enemy4.jpg

Some guy on other forum had a same idea sine he opened a topic about it.

cya around :)

First of all i though Niko would be russian but now im almost 100% sure hes not. First of all Bellic is not a russian family name. I also talk russian and in the last trailer (move up, ladies) he doesn't sound russian at all even though the soundtrack in the background is sang in russian (King ring by Seryoga - Серёга). Also i have read in many forums that he is Croatian or serbian but i think thats all bullshit.

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

:D HAHAHAHA ALL YOU THOUGHT HED BE SERBIAN OR CROATIAN OR RUSSIAN BUT HES NOT!!! NIKO IS CAUCASIAN and thats nowhere close to Serbia or Croatia! Im so happy!! :lol: YAY WOOHOO!! LOL 100% RUSSIAN and confirmed SERBIAN!!! HAHAHAHA IN YO FACE!!! its funny how people where so proud but hes not!!! NOT NOT NOT soo toooo baaad... ooooh.... im so happy cuz when i read all the posts from people proudly saying these things which now turn out to be complete BULLSHIT!! its funny c'mon. Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee