GTA4 - A remake of GTA2?

Chris

One of my ideas of GTA4 is that it will be a complete 3D remake of GTA2. Why do i think this? Well, simple.

GTA3 = GTA1 Liberty City remake

GTAVC = GTA1 Vice City remake

GTASA = GTA1 San Andreas remake

now the next logical step would be to have a remake of London, but London is way to small to encompass a GTA game, besides it wasn't an official game it was an expansion pack, so that rules it out. The next, and last game to redo would be GTA2...

What are other peoples thoughts on this or ideas you have?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that sounds like a good and quite logical idea but I think they'd combine the 3 cities into one game

Actually, it would be better to do one game per city, like they have recently done. That means more games for us to play. Think about it:

1 Game: About 2 years from now, and probably a 1 playing it. That's around 3-4 more years of playing GTA.

Add another game, 2-3 years of developing, and about 1 year playing it. That's another 3-4 years.

And yet another game. You get the drift, another 3-4 years playing it.

That's around 3-4 more years playing GTA VS. 9-12 more years of GTA. Which one sounds better NOW?

I believe it will take them longer than 2 years to make GTA4, more like 3 possibly 4 years if it's gonna be on the PS3, a new system with nothing already made that they can play around with (eg they had Vice City and GTA3 already made so they can take stuff from that and put it in SA)

And the same goes for the next one. They can use things from all three previous games. What's stopping them?

But it still makes more sense to do one game per city. I don't see where people come to the conclusion of 3D'ing all of GTA2. That isn't what they did before, where the hell do you get the idea that they will do that next?

I expect to be GTA2 cities too, they are in the future right?, wich has a lof of potential, but maybe they will come out with some Europe place.

I dont know, I havent played SA yet, so after I play it I will speculate more, wait I already can and will

My ideas, maybe Illinois (a lof of mafia and good stuff), maybe London (or a big part of UK with some Ireland too), this is what I think right now, it can happen, maybe not, I just want the GTA series to continue.

I believe it will take them longer than 2 years to make GTA4, more like 3 possibly 4 years if it's gonna be on the PS3, a new system with nothing already made that they can play around with (eg they had Vice City and GTA3 already made so they can take stuff from that and put it in SA)

And the same goes for the next one. They can use things from all three previous games. What's stopping them?

But it still makes more sense to do one game per city. I don't see where people come to the conclusion of 3D'ing all of GTA2. That isn't what they did before, where the hell do you get the idea that they will do that next?

Logical size increases, each GTA has been getting bigger and bigger, and so I thought they would do the WHOLE of GTA2 and it will be huge, one city of GTA2 would maybe be the same size as SA or something.

Thinking about it, it probably will be one city because then it will be the same size as SA but with better graphics, cars and othe stuff

Logical size increases, each GTA has been getting bigger and bigger, and so I thought they would do the WHOLE of GTA2 and it will be huge, one city of GTA2 would maybe be the same size as SA or something.

Thinking about it, it probably will be one city because then it will be the same size as SA but with better graphics, cars and othe stuff

Yeah, but I like the idea of following the current trend.

As long as there is a big ghetto with gangs, im good.

No..... Just, no.....

I think from now on GTA wil have to have a gang for you because than it will not be as good as San Andreas.

Well considering the past two have had a "gang" for you. But GTA could do without having your own gang. I actually like the idea of being a loner. GTA III was t3h PWN. :lol:

And London wouldn't be a bad idea JUST because it would be like The Getaway.

Edited by Spasmodically_Insane

I now think Tokyo would be a great setting for a GTA game, Yakuza, Triads, those type of gangs would rule the streets. The nightlife would be awe-inspiring, with the PS3 graphics the buildings would look great.

Street racing. Beautiful cars. They could throw in a bunch of stupid mini games, to! Like DDR. :lol:

i still like the "GTA: london" thing the best

i think R* can do alot better than who-ever made Getaway.

i look forward to seeing the minis, london taxi cabs, double decker buses, the london underground (i loved the subway in GTA3), taking a dip in the Thames river and also seeing Big Ben, the dome and sipering from the london eye.

there is also a chinise area in london too.

the main caracter could be one of Kent Pauls mates.

Well considering the past two have had a "gang" for you. But GTA could do without having your own gang. I actually like the idea of being a loner. GTA III was t3h PWN.

well i think R* can do that. like GTA: SA you can have gang members on you or not. i sometimes hacve gang members around with me sometimes i don't