Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000

Artur

Well my mom was checking her mail and stumbled upon this article and after she showed it to me it just made me laugh so now I'm gonna share it with you guys.

MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

The man, a school teacher, who kept his identity private, said he sold the coveted video game to punish his son and discourage him from smoking dope.

The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for 90 dollars (US) was finally sold to an Australian who plunked down 9,100 dollars for it.

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

Rofl, ok couple funny things to point out here. "Nintendo Wii gameboard?" >.< Also Barbie as the Island Princess and Dancing with the Stars. Obviously how he sold GH3, for 9.1K is just awesome. See guys, doing drugs will make your family $9000 richer! :lol:

BTW, here's the link to the original article.

Still you look here and they have heaps of copies of the game, except the X360 version.

Unless he payed for a NTSC console, got it imported, then had to get an adaptor, then he would only play NTSC games, so he'd have to import them as well. I wanna hit him over the head with the Guitar from Guitar Hero and say, LOOK AT FREAKING EB GAMES YOU N00BHEAD!

Hell, I couldn't shell out the $120 for the Legendary edition of Halo 3! Yet this guy spends $9000 on a game not even that rare and it may not even work on his system? People these days are nuts....and have WAY too much money.

Depends on where you live. Around here, GHIII is the Christmas must-have. It is the hardest game to find this year. And to a note on the Wii version, that's actually the HARDEST one to find around here. Not to mention the Wiis are now hard to find again because of Christmas.

Then again, you're comparing a console to a game with a special controller. Speaking of Red Cross and paying far out the ass for consoles, I've heard of a person paying $75,000 or $750,000 for an Xbox 360.

The game is the better deal, though. It is only 100 times the original price, while the $250,000 PS3 is 500 times the original price.