T2 Fiscal 2007 Results: No Release Date for GTA IV Yet

Chris

Take Two Interactive released its financial results for the final quarter of fiscal year 2007 today, which ended on 31st October. Take-Two often reveal various articles of interest about its currently unreleased games during the conference call or in the press release itself, but sadly there was no set release date revealed for GTA IV, only confirmation that it would be in stores some time during the second fiscal quarter of 2008 - that's between February 1st and April 30th - for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Also concerning GTA IV was the confirmation that the first package of episodic content will be available on the Xbox Live marketplace by 31st October 2008. The second of the packages will come some time after that, but before 31st October 2009.

Additionally, during the conference call it was asked if Grand Theft Auto IV will be coming to Nintendo Wii. CEO Ben Feder replied with "there are other titles better suited for the Wii than Grand Theft Auto IV". This statement essentially confirms a Wii version will never see the light of day, but doesn't rule out Rockstar creating an alternative game for the console.

Sucks that we don't get a release date... But news on the episodic (as vague as it may be) kinda softens the blow.

@Chris, do you actually meticulously read all of that statement? Or is there, like, a summary somewhere?

No, just the first few paragraphs and the 'Business Highlights'. Then I just CTRL+F for 'Grand Theft Auto' to see if there's any further mentions of specific details. The conference call you can just listen to and it's usually boring because it's all just corporate stuff mainly, but sometimes they get asked questions like about the release date and the Wii version for example so we sometimes get more info from it. Sometimes nothing.

I'm not bothered about all the financial stuff itself.

Yeah, today was the first time I heard one of the conferences. It was boring, but got kinda interesting during the Q&A parts.

As Take 2 said previously, they could not safely narrow down the release date to a specific date, because they're not confident that they can yet meet a certain deadline. I would rather hope that the release date doesn't get released yet, rather than Rockstar delaying the game again.

personally, i'm quite annoyed. first they get everyone hyped about the game released a lot of news.. then out of the blue tell us the games delayed! .. i was like what the hell?.. and fair enough they want to make sure the games developed and i understood that.. but 6 months?.. and just 2 months until february and they still dont have a release date for it.

kudos for the third trailer, and i fricken love gta and the games going to kick ass.. but come on.

p.s chris, i normally switch between 3 different websites for info . and yours is 90% of the time first with news.. well done.

Edited by mark123

i think this game could be delayed again, i really think that.

I highly doubt that, they said it will be released anytime between february 1 and march. and they're pretty serious about release dates, even though it has been delayed once, I'm sure they arnt go to delay it once again, (they might have to release it in march) but they would be losing more money. And since the game has been rated at least in australia, i'm assuming that the game is completed to some degree.

Well, that sucks, I really did think they'd announce it. But, it's not a massive blow, if they say it'll be released between Feb 1st and April 31st, then they'll surely be doing everything to make that happen. I'm hoping they stay truthful to that, I don't even want to think about it being delayed again.

Also concerning GTA IV was the confirmation that the first package of episodic content will be available on the Xbox Live marketplace by 31st October 2008. The second of the packages will come some time after that, but before 31st October 2009.

In itself, I'd consider that good news. The game should be released before episodic content (at least you would think so) so

it means R* plans to have it out by the end of October.

Thanks for the update.

I think they could be looking at a summer release date now, especially as everyone has exams coming up around April/May time, so I think R* might go for a June/July release date maybe.

firstly, if they were looking at a summer release date, they would most likely say, gta iv will be released in our second quarter(or after april) but they said february to april, so there is no reason to believe they will delay it again, as it doesnt matter if people have exams around then, they will still make money during summer, and they would be losing money if they released it any later. They havnt even announced a firm release date yet, which makes sense to me but for some reason everyone thinks they will delay it again and they've already stated they will only release the date when they are sure they can stick with it. So, everyone should stop worrying that it will be released later than april.