Money

K9 Krew

Saw this over at GTAF

spacer.gif

"I was just thinking, that since there's going to be an ATM/Bank, are you going to have to save your money there? Let's say you just robbed someone, or earned some money off a mission or whatever, and then you die or get arrested, do you loose that money because you didn't take it to the bank? Or is it like old games where you earn money and it's always there with no need to deposit it."

What do you guys think will happen with money?

I think the "Clean money/Dirty money" was one of the things Sierra/VU got right in Scarface. For those not familiar, in

Scarface you had the money you carried on your person (from missions & deals) & the money you deposited when you

saved your game at the bank (Scarface's save points).

If you got killed or caught by a cop (Scarface doesn't have an arrest option, piss 'em off & the cops just kill you). you lost

any money you have on you. Once money made it to the bank it was safe, but Tony was a coke dealing criminal so the

bank charged you interest to "laundure" it. As your reputation increased, so did the rates.

I think R* could do a good variation on this one, so why not?

There should be a bank to store your money but when i died in scareface and lost all my money that pissed me off... Like once i got a perfect deal and i desided to swim to a boat and as i was calmly swimming the cutscene came on. I thought yay a bonus mission but then this jaw theme music went on and giant shark/monster came out and... 0$!!! no no no please not in IV. PLEASE NO SHARKS!!

I think it would also be cool if you could like rat on some people once you got busted and then it wouldn't go on your record and you wouldn't lose money/weapons but would lose respect or reputation.

And if you got caught with like 4/5+ stars then they'd torture you (remembers South Park season 6 finale "electricity to the testicles") and then would kinda "lose his sanity" and you'd act all down and not be as fast and act kinda drunk like in th VC mission for Phil and the whole effect would last for one day (24 hours/minutes) or until you saved.