6-Sid Meier's Pirates!

7-StarCraft

8-Street Fighter II

9-Star Wars: TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM

10-Super Metroid

What do you think of this?

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

This list blows, where is DOOM?

Agreed, I can think of a few good ones left off that list.

DOOM -

This was the beginning of real 3D games, along w/ Castle Wolfenstien. I thought DOOM was slightly better. Anyone remember "Barney DOOM"? I think modding caught on here.

Star Wars: Dark Forces -

Playing as the guy who originally steals the plans to the Death Star (first mission), this game improved on what

DOOM/Wolfenstien started in 3D games & added jumping to the players' abilities. Never more to be stopped by low

obstacles.

GTA3 -

The open world is here, do what you want when you want. Un-restrained by mission driven linear gameplay, you are free

to explore & do side jobs as you wish. Vice City improved on this slightly by adding the ability to operate bike, boats &

aircraft as well as cars. It also gave you a regular income (from owning businesses) to help pay for your adventures.

Unreal Tournament -

Still played, came w/ tools to make your own mods & maps. Made up for lack of vehicles w/ intense gameplay &

multi player support. Biggest competitor to HALO, fair fight between them.

GTA San Andres -

So far, the pinnacle of open world games. Customize CJ w/ a wide variety of clothing, haircuts & tattoos. Same for cars.

Huge map & more to do. Modding options are only limited by imagination. Many have tried to copy GTA, few have come

close. R* gave themselves a HUGE challenge trying to top SA.

DOOM -

This was the beginning of real 3D games, along w/ Castle Wolfenstien. I thought DOOM was slightly better. Anyone remember "Barney DOOM"? I think modding caught on here.

Playing as the guy who originally steals the plans to the Death Star (first mission), this game improved on what

DOOM/Wolfenstien started in 3D games & added jumping to the players' abilities. Never more to be stopped by low

obstacles.

GTA3 -

The open world is here, do what you want when you want. Un-restrained by mission driven linear gameplay, you are free

to explore & do side jobs as you wish. Vice City improved on this slightly by adding the ability to operate bike, boats &

aircraft as well as cars. It also gave you a regular income (from owning businesses) to help pay for your adventures.

Unreal Tournament -

Still played, came w/ tools to make your own mods & maps. Made up for lack of vehicles w/ intense gameplay &

GTA San Andres -

So far, the pinnacle of open world games. Customize CJ w/ a wide variety of clothing, haircuts & tattoos. Same for cars.

Huge map & more to do. Modding options are only limited by imagination. Many have tried to copy GTA, few have come

What about Vice City???...the best GTA game.

I can't argue with them about Super Mario Bros. being #1, but I think at least 1 GTA game should make it up there. I guess Halo, even though I'm not a fan of it, it's pretty popular.

No one went to the full list, did they? And what is wrong with SM64? It was a great game. A lot of you guys are like 13 year olds bitching that your favorite game isn't number one or that the game with the best graphics didn't make the top ten. They looked into more than just how pretty it was and how well it played. The innovation behind the games, the inspiration that came from the games, what the games did to their own franchises, companies, and platforms, etc. etc.......

Yeah.

No one went to the full list, did they? And what is wrong with SM64? It was a great game. A lot of you guys are like 13 year olds bitching that your favorite game isn't number one or that the game with the best graphics didn't make the top ten. They looked into more than just how pretty it was and how well it played. The innovation behind the games, the inspiration that came from the games, what the games did to their own franchises, companies, and platforms, etc. etc.......

Yeah.

I meant that in a, 'Super Mario 64 (presumably the N64 version, not the DS remake) has been under - rated' way. Not trying to say that they've over - rated it.

I hope to god that made sense.

Meh.

Laymans terms, to compensate for my shitty, 4am English: SM64 should be higher on that list.

A rundown of my likes / dislikes about that list:

Burnout 3 got 27 spot, like it. Followed by HL2 (could have been higher, but still a good place)

DOOM and C&C red alert made the 30's... (relative happiness)

Gran turismo 3 hit 42... That really was an awesome game

GTAII & SSB melee in the 50's (original Super smash should be higher up :( )

Pokeman, sonic the hedgehog and rayman 2 in the 70's... kinda deserve a little higher, but, eh....

WTF contra at 83 - definitely deserves a higher score.

Quake II at 93... can't complain, at least it's up there.

DOOM -

obstacles.

GTA3 -

Unreal Tournament -

GTA San Andres -

I know, it's total bullshit, and why is SC only in 7th place!? The game revolutionized RTS gaming for god's sake!

I bet they're in cahoots with Nintendo. Just look at how many games on the top 10 are games for Nintendo consoles, and how many of them are in the top 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.

Mini rant rockage.

Yeah, list seems pretty solid to me. I've played what though, maybe half of those at most *embarrassed*.

Edited by Nate14