GTA Vice City sound issues

x_orange90_x

hey, i need help with my GTA VICE CITY. there is just about no sound at all except for at the beginning of the game at the lawyers office and when someone is talking in the car with you. but that's all the sound there is. i just put in a new sound card to see if that would help, but it didnt. i have a Sound Blaster 16 with updated drivers.

i have a hacked version from the internet, but it works on all other computers i've tried it on, all the sound too! the SB16 is supposed to be one of the most GTA-compatible cards too!!! PLZ HELP IF YOU KNOW WHATS WRONG. thanks

Edited by x_orange90_x

Try buying a legal version, is around 20 dollars now.

Now, it could be various things: Mostly your computer, I have a friend that cant run VC, when the first scene appear, his comp crashes, maybe you have some of the same problems, check if you dont have problems in the settings, test it with the newest directx (run-dxdiag), maybe something is wrong with your card and games.

Yep, your always safe buying a legal copy of the game. Playing illicit copies always avails to problems at some point in the game (usually). In addition to this you can't get any official support since you don't have the correct discs or anything. So ultimately we can't really help you. I doubt this problem occurs with many people.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...