Blu-ray V HD-DVD

Ivan

Technically Blu-Ray is superior, but in this fase of it's life it's to expensive compared to HD-DVD.

Blu-Ray will probably win on the long term. But if I'd buy a player now (not counting a ps3) I'd probably get a HD-DVD player. Though if the PS3 gets some decent game library I might get a ps3. I mean, 400 EUR is very cheap for a Blu-Ray player.

On the other hand, I'm in no need of any actually.. I never buy any DVD video's, only games and then I only need a drive for my computer, not a full player..

Edit:

Uhm, what does this have to do with the console war? Just cause Sony and MS support other formats doesn't mean it's the same thing.

Post you thoughts on what's the best system.

System.. make that format.

So then it's totally irrelevant of the best console, cause we are discussing the best format.

What he meant is that fan boys might just support a format cause their console supports it so then you'll get a console argument. But in essence this is just about a format, not console. Though posting this in the warzone actually invites fan boys..

Uh, well you probably get what I mean.

Blu-Ray quality is immense but so is HD DVD quality is very good too, to be honest cant see much difference in both of them. Not sure whats better, probably go for Blu-ray because of more storage size but it is certainly doing well as well. Theres a lot of blu-ray DVDs in my local Blockbuster when about a year ago there wouldn't have been any.

I watch a lot of movies, and so, I have Blu-ray 25 movies currently. Blu-ray is obviously going to win this war, I mean, just look at the studio support. Blu-ray has Lionsgate, Warner Brothers, Sony (Columbia), MGM, Buena-Vista, Disney, New Line, while HD-DVD has Universal, Paramount, New Line (they get new releases later than BD though) and Warner Brothers. Plus with the recent rumors of Warner going BD-only in January, its really looking good for Blu-ray. Plus, with BD it isn't just Sony making money, its the BDA (which is 200+ companies strong), with HD-DVD its really just Toshiba making the cash. (I believe I heard WB gets a very small slice too, but I'm not sure.) Oh, and BTW, Blu-ray has sold more movies every week of 2007.

I'm about to buy Planet Earth in BD, anyone own it and can tell me if its worth it?

Edited by MishoM

Blu-Ray, it can hold 10x then what HD can.

I went into a store, and it had Blu-Ray and HD DVD right next to each other, and they had the same movie playing, Transformers I think, both on a High Def TV and playing at the same time, it was pretty much synced, maybe a few seconds off, but it was the fight scene between the Auto Bots and Decemticons (?) and the difference wasn't that much, but the Blu-Ray one was slightly better.

Blu-Ray, it can hold 10x then what HD can.

Uhm.. actually it can just hold something like 1.25 times more then HD-DVD can.

Except for the people who have a ps3 I know nobody who own a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD player and though I own a 1080p TV but have never actually had HD content to see.

There are barely any movies one can buy here in High Definition. Most people, including me, want to wait with buying any HD player until there is a decent selection of movies and the prices have dropped.

• 2 weeks later...

ATTENTION ALL: The format war is now over, Warner Brothers has just gone Blu-ray exclusive. WB has had the biggest HD-DVD/Blu-rays (300, Batman's, Ocean's films, etc.) They were the deciding factor in the format war and they've chosen to support Blu-ray only, there is pretty much no way in hell the HD-DVD camp can combat this. Let's see if Blu-ray can take over regular old DVD now! (:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/War..._Exclusive/1325

So win for everyone with a PS3 and who decided to support Blu-ray. CES 2008 should be very, very interesting now...

Lolz. I really could care less for both.

Both look great, don't understand why more memory size counts much when they won't use that much but ehh..okay lol. Overprice if you must O.o

Until' I get a high-def TV I'l stick with good ol' regular dvd's. Or go outside. Lol...

...skateboard>TV.

Edited by Nate14