Five New GTA IV Screenshots

Chris

Hmm.. They should have more then one position for every gun. Or at least a different expression. Depending on the sistuation for instance (by wanted level or something like that).

Otherwise it would get rather repetetive. Like the way CJ would fall from a motor bike in San Andreas.. always the exact same way (made it funny at times too, though).

gtaiv_screenshot_57.jpg

is it just me, or is this look really wierd like cartoony? like the colours and the lighting and the clothes on niko?? or is it artwork? cant wait to hang off lorrys though!! gonna be awesome

1st and 3rd image looks good..

1st picture.. notice nikos hair line looks a little wierd..

notice in the third image how niko is leaning to the side that the car is turning..

but yes.. the car tyre in the 4th picture is sunk into the ground if you save the picture then zoom in you can see its the same texture as the road ( if you remember past pictures there were pictures where a policeman was inside a staircase * first trailer* and more recently you could see nikos wrist through his jacket so it doesnt surprise me that the car tyre is inside the ground * although it really shouldnt happen but they should be able to fix it* )... and the ground does look really blurry.. you would sorta expect them to create a really good looking sharp designs ( but different viriaties ) of road surfaces then just duplicate them.. instead of the blurry one thats boring.

5th picture.. i'm pretty sure thats an old one...

p.s i'm not complaining i love gta.. but i think they should sort out some of the glitches in the game or should do before release.

Edited by mark123

Wow, this game is getting worse and worse every screen...

Still, its not enough for a game to look bad, im sure its as meaty as ever in terms of gameplay and such...

Hardly a good way to represent the biggest game of 2008 though..

i feel the same as you, i'm not blown away by this game anymore.. at first the info on it on what you could do was amazing then the first trailer came out but now it just doesnt seem to look that good. graphics arent everything.. blah blah.. but they do help and i was expecting a lot from this game graphics wise. they should really screen the images and flush out the ones that have glitches in them at least .

but to me the problem is the shading.. or colours or whatever you call it.. they seem very washed out if you know what i mean.. kinda hazy/whiteish . for a city it just doesnt seem to be alive with colour. it looks kinda like an old photo from like the 70's or something that has that washed out look.

but that might just be cause its playing on the crapbox. if they did it solely on ps3 would be a lot better graphically and detail wise. not to mention the millions more things you could fit into the game ( including planes and countryside which i'll miss i liked to get out of the city and mess around in the countryside in san andreas not having to worry about cops being around ) because of the blueray discs. not to mention the higher processing power. :)

i hope next one.. gta 5. they put it on the xbox elite and ps3.. cause then you can have the 15/30GB capacity on the HDDVD.. or the 25/50GB capacity of the blueray to work with. instead of 4.7GB that the xbox 360 limits it to.

Edited by mark123

A little something for Christmas, thanks.

Agree w/ TM on the tire, probably a minor graphics glitch. No surprise when you think about how big this will be

graphically speaking.

I don't recognize the car, is it new one or just an update of an old GTA car? It looks like a cross between a first gen

Camaro & a '76 Toyota Celica. :lol:

Still, its not enough for a game to look bad, im sure its as meaty as ever in terms of gameplay and such...

i feel the same as you, i'm not blown away by this game anymore.. at first the info on it on what you could do was amazing then the first trailer came out but now it just doesnt seem to look that good. graphics arent everything.. blah blah.. but they do help and i was expecting a lot from this game graphics wise. they should really screen the images and flush out the ones that have glitches in them at least .

but to me the problem is the shading.. or colours or whatever you call it.. they seem very washed out if you know what i mean.. kinda hazy/whiteish . for a city it just doesnt seem to be alive with colour. it looks kinda like an old photo from like the 70's or something that has that washed out look.

but that might just be cause its playing on the crapbox. if they did it solely on ps3 would be a lot better graphically and detail wise. not to mention the millions more things you could fit into the game ( including planes and countryside which i'll miss i liked to get out of the city and mess around in the countryside in san andreas not having to worry about cops being around ) because of the blueray discs. not to mention the higher processing power. :)

i hope next one.. gta 5. they put it on the xbox elite and ps3.. cause then you can have the 15/30GB capacity on the HDDVD.. or the 25/50GB capacity of the blueray to work with. instead of 4.7GB that the xbox 360 limits it to.

Y'know, we don't appreciate fanboyism around here. Just a heads-up. Also, the Xbox 360 uses DVD-9s, which have 9GB capacity. Which is plenty, considering the mammoth game Oblivion is only 6GB.

As for the fourth pic, the tire is definitely clipping through the ground. But it's only a minor graphical glitch that every game has. Now, the second pic....maybe we can finally climb up and over cars REALISTICALLY.

Y'know, we don't appreciate fanboyism around here. Just a heads-up. Also, the Xbox 360 uses DVD-9s, which have 9GB capacity. Which is plenty, considering the mammoth game Oblivion is only 6GB.

As for the fourth pic, the tire is definitely clipping through the ground. But it's only a minor graphical glitch that every game has. Now, the second pic....maybe we can finally climb up and over cars REALISTICALLY.

im not a fanboy lol.. i dont even have a ps3. and i understand that its a huge game and that it might be minor.. but still shouldnt happen specially after a delay of 6 months. game must be near complition if not complete and just finishing it off by now.

and i dont care too much about glitches because sometimes they can be funny.. and majority of the time you dont notice them ( like the tyre one if you were driving the car you wouldnt notice it happening ) .. my main issue with the game right now is the colours of it. and like i said .. the no countryside or planes, i was looking forward to an updated version of the hydra.

@Mark

The delay was partially because of the PS3 system, it was 2 weeks behind the 360 version.

Anyway the guy in the artowrk name 'Faustin' sounds a bit South American to me, maybe a Columbian.

Anyway the red car looks like an updated version of the Sabre I think, but I got to admit the graphics in some of the pics (especially 4) look blurred, might just be me like.

@Mark

The delay was partially because of the PS3 system, it was 2 weeks behind the 360 version.

Anyway the guy in the artowrk name 'Faustin' sounds a bit South American to me, maybe a Columbian.

Anyway the red car looks like an updated version of the Sabre I think, but I got to admit the graphics in some of the pics (especially 4) look blurred, might just be me like.

Nope, you definitely aren't alone..

I mean, i have always thought the graphics were stunning until now, shame.. :erm:

I aint losing interest in IV, i just hope Rockstar aren't being too lazy...

They look okay I guess, some look too similar to past shots though. The ground in the 4th shot is extremely blurry, the 1st shot looks identical to a previous shot, and the 5th shot is also similar to a previous shot, although it didn't feature Niko. The 2nd shot and the artwork looks great.