• Xp is da bomb.
    • Vista is better.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vista loading > slow and sucks

XP loading > quick and more reliable

Why would you say Vista loads slow? I have it and it loads in 10 seconds. Its way faster than my other PC which is XP. But thats probably because I have 2GB ram, but 1GB of ram would also do well.

It all depends on your PC, then you would see better results with Vista.

There is one feature that I hate and that is its security, It says I need permission to view other folders when I'm an Admin. But I know how to solve that already, still its a pain having to do it over again.

vista loading > slow and sucks

XP loading > quick and more reliable

Why would you say Vista loads slow? I have it and it loads in 10 seconds. Its way faster than my other PC which is XP. But thats probably because I have 2GB ram, but 1GB of ram would also do well.

There is one feature that I hate and that is its security, It says I need permission to view other folders when I'm an Admin. But I know how to solve that already, still its a pain having to do it over again.

Not true at all, 1GB of RAM is suicide with Vista, being it consumes so much while idle. I love it in Best Buy when they sell laptops with 1GB of RAM and seeing them struggle when just running the OS...so much lulz.

Also, any PC will have higher benchmarks with XP than Vista. If you took one PC and dual-booted XP/Vista, it would ALWAYS be faster when running XP.

Everyone who uses Vista is stupid?

So pretty much everyone who buys a ready made PC these days is stupid according to you. And other people have got enough money to spend and just want that damned DX10.

Vista loads in 10 seconds? My ass dude. Even high-end computers take at least a minute to get Vista ready.

Faster then XP? You're crazy.

Vista is slow.. Well so was XP when it was released. Perhaps not as slow as Vista, but slow (for most computers). We've done something like 5 years with XP, and MS had foreseen the hardware changes and we ended up with a great OS that people hated at its release.

So.. Lets say we've got a XP computer with a 1,8 GHz P4 and a Vista computer with a Q6850 running at 3,5 GHz (OC). That makes Vista fast? No, your hardware. You can't compare apples to pears. When benchmarking you'll use the same hardware.

Seriously, stop whoring this topic.

You hate vista, well done, 90% of the planet's population do too. Nothing new. No need to keep on finding peety, stupid reasons to post.

I'm going to sleep.

Everyone who uses Vista is stupid?

So pretty much everyone who buys a ready made PC these days is stupid according to you. And other people have got enough money to spend and just want that damned DX10.

Vista loads in 10 seconds? My ass dude. Even high-end computers take at least a minute to get Vista ready.

Faster then XP? You're crazy.

Vista is slow.. Well so was XP when it was released. Perhaps not as slow as Vista, but slow (for most computers). We've done something like 5 years with XP, and MS had foreseen the hardware changes and we ended up with a great OS that people hated at its release.

So.. Lets say we've got a XP computer with a 1,8 GHz P4 and a Vista computer with a Q6850 running at 3,5 GHz (OC). That makes Vista fast? No, your hardware. You can't compare apples to pears. When benchmarking you'll use the same hardware.

MrLlamaLlama, just go and sleep

and Jace, i dont mean USA are stupids because most of them are trusting XP,stupids are refer to the Malaysia stupid Malays who said that Vista has better futures than XP...but they were wrong because XP and Vista are exactly same...do you think Malays are stupid?

Raymond, don't tell me what to do.
but they were wrong because XP and Vista are exactly same

Oh my fucking god, that's, so.. incomprehensibly stupid.

dont say like that, because its same also...i had tested Vista with clean registry entries and Vista loads 4 seconds while XP loads 2seconds

im not stupid after all, MrLlamaLlama

Wait, you claim that XP can boot in 2 seconds? Or are you talking about loading some file?

and Jace, i dont mean USA are stupids because most of them are trusting XP,stupids are refer to the Malaysia stupid Malays

who said that Vista has better futures than XP...but they were wrong because XP and Vista are exactly same...do you think Malays are stupid?

Are you expecting me to say yes? I've been there quite a few times, I love Malaysia. It really is an awesome country and they are NOT stupid.

If they don't mind the extra loading times and don't mind it being a resource hog and just like Vista for it's new features. Fine.

It's not the same, Vista uses a full new kernel if I'm not mistaken. XP used the old Windows NT kernel. I'm not saying Vista is better, but stating that it's exactly the same? What the hell, why are you then complaining about Vista if it's the same anyway.

Raymond, don't tell me what to do.
but they were wrong because XP and Vista are exactly same

Oh my fucking god, that's, so.. incomprehensibly stupid.

dont say like that, because its same also...i had tested Vista with clean registry entries and Vista loads 4 seconds while XP loads 2seconds

im not stupid after all, MrLlamaLlama

Really?

You said XP and vista were the same, trying to make a point that Vista had NO Advantage over XP, i said that the IDEA was stupid.

Then you start going on about registry entries, and claiming XP can boot in 2 seconds (lol) and that Vista boots in 4 (fucking lol)

I never called you stupid, but i think i might just have to.

do you think Malays are stupid?

Well, one of them certainly is.

End.

Out of Hibernation and then ready to use?

In which state is the computer when it takes 10 seconds to be able to use it?

Booting in 1 minute for Vista is pretty good.

No, I just shut it down. And when I turn it on it loads fast, I get surprised with all the programs I have.

When I Log in, it takes about 10 seconds for everything to be ready, maybe 15. The whole boot process is about 35-40 seconds at the most.

No This isn't going to become a flame topic, is just a good simple discussion.

Ah, ok. I see.

Well Vista is known to be a resource hog. If they'd do something about it's speed and give it a smarter security that 'knows' when you're just trying to start your own programs (perhaps an 'ok list'/allowed programs list?) it would be a quite pleasant OS.

Just wait for SP2 and I'm sure all, or at least most, of Vista's annoying habits will have been taken care of. MS usually listens, just takes a while.

I'm going to get Vista in a years time. Probably somewhere in December 2008. I'll get an OEM version, not one I get with a new computer (though they use OEM version too), but actually intentionally getting Vista.

I'm not Malaysian, but I've lived very close to Malaysia for 2 years and have always found the people there very kind and open. Scolding them for absolutely no reason (oh, they use Vista!) is rather stupid and utterly pointless in my opinion.

And since you didn't reply to that 'what does your computer have' topic, I'll just ask it here. This time, for real. What graphic card do you have?

but my father bought a NVidia 8800GTX DDR3 1024MB
Oh, and actually. I don't believe you. The 8800 GTX's Memory Interface does not support 1024mb (384-bit, making 1024mb 2,66. Thus being impossible) of GDDR3