NFS ProStreet

WRX22B1998

ProStreet  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have this game? What console?

• PS3
    • X360
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PC
    • PSP (dont think its out yet)
    • Nintendo DS
    • Mobile Phone (Cellphone)
    • Don't have it yet want to get it
    • Don't have it, don't want it

Which of you have this game?

I know quite a big poll (many choices) but it's multiple choice so If you have on ps2 and PC then check both

I have it on PS2 atm since my PC isnt good enough - I have a Logitech Driving Force EX as well, and it is tons of fun with this game

Edited by WRX22B1998

Lol, no poll option for 'played it, don't own it'

Oh well.

I kicked 69's ass at it the very first time i played with the new control system. And i was shit at NFS in the first place.

Also, Don't want it. Rather have GTHD.... :)

have you tried the 1969 charger? that things a fucking beast, used that car for all the drag races and beat the boss with it.

Yeah the graphics look pretty good..It would be really cool to play it on PS3 w/full HD (1080p) television to see what its really like

I really want to get the next Gran Turismo as well! I need a PS3 though

no free roam sux...its fun overall I think, but not the greatest game...And is there a "customize" mode like NFSU2 had, or a "my cars" like carbon had where you dont pay, but u make cars out of whats unlocked to use in quick race?

If there isnt then, thats scored low with me

Does Wii version have a customise mode? Does any version have a customise mode? I suppose PS3, PC, 360 would have a customise mode?

Did PS2 just get rorted as usual with multiplatform games?

Far out....im finding GT4 more fun than this...you cant TURN any faster than ~70km/h, the car just doesnt turn....so dumb

They shouldve kept the handling like carbon...but maybe changed the drift handling (carbons was abit weird)...graphics are good, but...thats about all..

Ohh and the soundtrack is pretty good (in my opinion)

Does Wii version have a customise mode? Does any version have a customise mode? I suppose PS3, PC, 360 would have a customise mode?

No wii doesnt, i think maybe 360, pc, ps3 might.

Did PS2 just get rorted as usual with multiplatform games?

maybe its your steering wheel

Edited by barcafc

According to IGN it's a failed simulator. Also, what I like about NFS was the free roaming. But they took that out..

They always are a failure.

after NeedForSpeed 4 all was only crap ... RIP NFS Series

Not really, 7 was nice. But it's really not new that NFS series are dead. We all new that before we had to shave our mustache.

I don't know how anyone is buying the new Need for Speed! The franchise went downhill a long time ago, the fact it's selling is just because of the massive amount of marketing that went into the game. I bet that more money went into marketing than into development.

I feel sorry for the next Midnight Club which is coming out next year. It's going to be an awesome game, but sadly we all know Rockstar don't have the amount of money that EA has.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed it about a week ago.

Ps3 copy, which seems to be rare around here.

---

The graphics are pretty good, I couldn't complain.

Really love the damage system, it should be in every racing game, even GTA. (I'm not saying GTA is a racing game)

Pretty difficult too, or hard enough atleast, I hate beating games too quickly.

Steering was a bit off I reckon but that didn't stop me spending 30 hours racing time on it.

Customisation mode was pretty good as well for me and the number of cars was fine too.

I hate free-roam i NFS and I hate the police in NFS games so I thought it was excellent.

Disappointed. I got rid of it after two days.

I think Most Wanted is still the best thus far, and Carbon is just MW with a face lift.

However, my main beef about Prostreet is the free roaming. The idea of a sequel to a game is a new version that is better, faster and bigger. You then get the feeling that they downsized the game so that it could fit onto more below average computers, unlike a previous one like U2 that to this day is a pain in the neck to run at full blast visuals, which in turn does ravage the gameplay with lag if you don't have an above average system.

So NFS has fallen into the same pit as games like Harry Potter. EA released it only to get rich quick with it costing as low as humanly possible.

Edited by V V

Yeah well...I can sorta agree with you guys on this but...

Some people just dont get what your talking about - like - i was saying to someone i knew then they say "yeah well you cant do that in real life"...isnt the point of videogames to sorta, escape reality etc go into a virtual world where you take on a persona blablabla [/rant]

GT4 kicks this games ass....

Shame that they didnt put free-roam, AND they didnt put customise. I wouldve been happy with nfsu2 visuals and customise and freeroam (but different tracks like in prostreet)...

honestly...i suppose its sorta hard to think of freeroaming in a race meet, but...at least have customise mode...