Is a bad attempt better than nothing at all?

SonOfLiberty

For the last few months I've been feeling down due to certain things.

Last month I done a 2 week trial with a mechanic shop, and it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I've wanted to be a mechanic for years.

Now after the 2 weeks my parents made me feel like the worst person in the world, because I lacked "enthusiasm" and "motive. I was starting to get better at the job, but was still to slow.

Now the part of not getting the job bothered me, I just didn't like being downed upon because I lacked what I stated above, but I atleast gave it a shot, and it wasn't what I thought it would be, right?

I mean I could've not done it at all, and sat at home all day smoking drugs/drinking alcohol (Whoch I don't do). Does anyone else feel like this sometime? Like the title, is a bad attempt at something better than nothing at all?

Sorry for the uninteresting thread, but yeah........

Edited by MiamiViceCity

I get the same everyday because i stopped working because of shit pay and shit hours. Then i quit my parents were like "Oh your a lazy piece of shit" and now i play guitar for my band it's like...I'm still lazy and shit because im in my room practicing constantly. Shes like go out n shit. I go out on weekends, weekdays is my jam time n shit but yeah just ignore it.

It's a normal thing for parents to bust balls.

I had trouble the first few days, and I feel that I improved. I do admit some parts were boring, but I done everything they asked me to do.

Yeah.. you just have to bust ass and over achieve. I'm not sure you can do it like I can in a retail store, but when you do more than they ask you to, they're really pleased.

My parents don't say anything to me. If I quit, I won't be driving for too much longer. Insurance + gas adds up.

I don`t have a job yet,who would want to employ a 14 year old?Hopefully when I`m older I can get a good job.I just remembered,you`re gonna lol when you read this..My cousin,who is about 8 years old,asked me how to get a job then I told him,you have to ask people,so...he went to a cafe and asked for a job,they turned him down of course,then he asked for a job at a salon & they turned him down again..no surprise thereI told him you need qualifications to get a job,then me and my other cousins just burst out laughing.He was 8 years old.

I get the same everyday because i stopped working because of shit pay and shit hours. Then i quit my parents were like "Oh your a lazy piece of shit" and now i play guitar for my band it's like...I'm still lazy and shit because im in my room practicing constantly. Shes like go out n shit. I go out on weekends, weekdays is my jam time n shit but yeah just ignore it.

It's a normal thing for parents to bust balls.

Yea man, don't be conformist like your parents.

• 1 month later...

Yes probably it is...

I think so anyways...

At least that way you try something out to really tell if you like/dont like it. Now you can say that you've tried it and didnt particularly like it...thats just life. U like some things, hate others, then theres the third category that u might hate/love but you know they HAVE to be done (like paying taxes :lolbounce: )

Dw about it, if you had other (lazy) siblings you could say to your parents that at least you got up and did something rather than staying home on the dole or some shit. Motivation really depends on your mood. If you see the outcome (eg you see the car up and running) then you are motivated to fix it / work on it because you want to see the end result and you're motivated by the goal. anyways. [/rant]