San Andreas help

r1k3

Ok i am having 2 problems with San Andreas, it is V 1.0 and i am using it on a Compaq notebook 80GB/512MB/VISTA H.B.

-Whenever i try to edit the handling.cfg file it wont let me save it, or save it then move it to the DATA folder...

-And SA Cam Hack wont open it is saying a DLL file is missing. I have installed the Visual Basic 6 Runtime files...

Ok i am having 2 problems with San Andreas, it is V 1.0 and i am using it on a Compaq notebook 80GB/512MB/VISTA H.B.

-Whenever i try to edit the handling.cfg file it wont let me save it, or save it then move it to the DATA folder...

-And SA Cam Hack wont open it is saying a DLL file is missing. I have installed the Visual Basic 6 Runtime files...

im not relly sure why it wont save. i use notepad and its the same thing

The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that your San Andreas folder (and possibly any sub-folders) is set to read-only. Check this by right-clicking on the folder while in Explorer, picking 'Properties' then see what it says near Attributes. If there's a green box lit up left of read-only, it's set. Click on it to turn it off, then hit 'Apply'. Then try again. If it doesn't work, there may be some other background process interfering...

As for Cam Hack not working, it would help if you mentioned what DLL it's looking for. I have it and it works for me BTW.

hello crew, been cruising the site and forums for a while now and have finaly come across an issue that hasnt been mentioned or brought up as of yet...and what'a ya know, its to do with vista!

to get gta:sa working for me i had to change the compatibility to win98/me and give admin rights(though im the only user.) no worries. and now i wish to mod the game, but vista wont let me...iv used IMG tool and also SAMI, they both "work" but when ingame the cars are still stock?? i have also unticked all files in the directory for read only and it seems if i close to desktop and reopen the directory all the files are read only again??

any help most appreciated. :huh:

hello crew, been cruising the site and forums for a while now and have finaly come across an issue that hasnt been mentioned or brought up as of yet...and what'a ya know, its to do with vista!

to get gta:sa working for me i had to change the compatibility to win98/me and give admin rights(though im the only user.) no worries. and now i wish to mod the game, but vista wont let me...iv used IMG tool and also SAMI, they both "work" but when ingame the cars are still stock?? i have also unticked all files in the directory for read only and it seems if i close to desktop and reopen the directory all the files are read only again??

any help most appreciated. :huh:

Could you somehow have changed them back to read only while you were sleeping.lol.

HI everyone!

i have a problem with my .(-- BMW M5 e60 by Motzi for GTA: San Andreas [2005] --) I download this file for San Andreas from cars/vehicles section.

I want to know that there are retyping sentences for carmods,carcols,handling.

there isn't a retyping sentence for (vehicles.ide).

because of that i can't see this car anywhere i mean BMW E60 (sultan).

PLS I WANT A QUICK HELP.

Read_This.txt

Well, I suppose you should have made a new topic for your problem, so that if anyone helps/ wants to help you,the confusion of topics will be prevented.

Anyways, PROBABLY you don't have to modify the vehicles.ide, because the info in the .txt is about carcols.dat and carmods.dat. So if you got your carcols changed as it says, do the same for carmods.dat [the info to be pasted in original carmods.dat is also provided].

ADVICE- backup everything that you attempt to modify.

Hope this helps you mate. ;)

Well, I suppose you should have made a new topic for your problem, so that if anyone helps/ wants to help you,the confusion of topics will be prevented.

Anyways, PROBABLY you don't have to modify the vehicles.ide, because the info in the .txt is about carcols.dat and carmods.dat. So if you got your carcols changed as it says, do the same for carmods.dat [the info to be pasted in original carmods.dat is also provided].

ADVICE- backup everything that you attempt to modify.

Hope this helps you mate. ;)

Hey i tried that way but it's not working!