v3.0 San Andreas has been released

zmoonchild

The most obvious difference is not having to use the DVD to play the game.

The only other link I've found so far is a blurb at megagames.com.

Rockstar's entire catalogue of PC titles, from the Grand Theft Auto series to Max Payne, is now available for download from IGN's Direct2Drive service. This is the first time any of the publisher's games have been made available in digital form.

"We are excited to be opening our archives," said Rowan Hajaj, Head of Finance and Corporate Development of Rockstar Games. "For the first time, fans will have the chance to explore our catalog of original, groundbreaking PC titles at the press of a button."

The comment "the first time any of the publisher's games have been made available in digital form" doesn't make any sense, because the game has always been available in digital form, on DVD.

The two common forms for the transferring of information are Digital and Analog, and San Andreas has never been available in analog form, always in digital form.

Rockstar's entire catalogue of PC titles, from the Grand Theft Auto series to Max Payne, is now available for download from IGN's Direct2Drive service. This is the first time any of the publisher's games have been made available in digital form.

"We are excited to be opening our archives," said Rowan Hajaj, Head of Finance and Corporate Development of Rockstar Games. "For the first time, fans will have the chance to explore our catalog of original, groundbreaking PC titles at the press of a button."

The comment "the first time any of the publisher's games have been made available in digital form" doesn't make any sense, because the game has always been available in digital form, on DVD.

The two common forms for the transferring of information are Digital and Analog, and San Andreas has never been available in analog form, always in digital form.

I think they mean like no need to go through a DVD, just their site>your PC...

I think they mean like no need to go through a DVD, just their site>your PC...

I think the same. I bought it now and I'll install it in a bit, I'm curious to see the difference in V 3.0 (if theres any), theres none in Vice City besides the installer, downloading Grand Theft Auto III now.

Adding to the fact that they did release GTA 1 and 2 via direct download... And it diesn't make any sense if they did release it in 12" analog LP... :lol:

Alright guys, this game IS edited, the menu is at least, I didn't play it yet because I got excited by the "v 3.0" on the menu :P.

post-3591-1199026730_thumb.png

Alright, more stuff... I don't remember seeing this in V2, I definitely don't in V1, so check it out, do you see the "1" there? I think I saw it on the Xbox version of the game, I don't remember on the PS2 version:

post-3591-1199027041_thumb.png

Lawl, even more stuff, the full manual and tourist guide is included in a high quality PDF, as well as the whole San Andreas map! The map includes these red borders all around, it would be copyright if I uploaded the PDF, so I'll just show you a little bit:

post-3591-1199027216_thumb.jpg

Also, it cannot load V1 save games, I haven't tried V2 save games yet, but it doesn't CRASH when you load a V1 save game, it just starts a new game.

Another edit... I found more files then the V1 version of the game, check this out:

post-3591-1199027423_thumb.png

Compared to V1:

post-3591-1199027430_thumb.png

Edited by rockstarrem

Alright guys, this game IS edited, the menu is at least, I didn't play it yet because I got excited by the "v 3.0" on the menu :P.

Alright, more stuff... I don't remember seeing this in V2, I definitely don't in V1, so check it out, do you see the "1" there? I think I saw it on the Xbox version of the game, I don't remember on the PS2 version:

Lawl, even more stuff, the full manual and tourist guide is included in a high quality PDF, as well as the whole San Andreas map! The map includes these red borders all around, it would be copyright if I uploaded the PDF, so I'll just show you a little bit:

Also, it cannot load V1 save games, I haven't tried V2 save games yet, but it doesn't CRASH when you load a V1 save game, it just starts a new game.

Another edit... I found more files then the V1 version of the game, check this out:

Compared to V1:

OMG GTA SA 3.0 is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Play the game and tell us the differences. :)

As for the more files, they're just PDFs, since they couldn't have included paper copies. The map is just PDF version, nothing to do with the game when it comes to more features...

The 1 (and I'm guessing 2) are just something Rockstar thought it would be nice to add (and that they did in 5 minutes), so you'd know what you couldn't play.

So really, I see nothing different in the game itself...

I downloaded the installer and it's 3.95 GB zipped, so it will probably end up to be 4.7 GB.

I was wondering if you could upload a saved-game, so that I could test it out and see if it works with v1 and v2 games.

Just a test save, it doesn’t matter what’s on it. I want to see if I can create some sort of conversion on it so that v1 or v2 players can use v3 games, or vice versa.

I’m not sure if GTA Save-N-Play will work for v3, but you could upload on this post as a .zip file.

Thanks. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Compared to V1:

^ I think that's what you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...