Big Changes

Well this is a GTA forum, I think everything has been discussed and rediscussed, it's kinda boring, nothing happens, no news from the makers of GTA that's the main reason this forum is almost dead ... I haven't started a topic since 6th of October because it is really nothing to talk about, I only post in the Fun And Games section because on the other sections is almost no activity and I wanna get reply to my posts, I have to wait like 3 or 4 days to get it ... Good topics die slowly so do we ...

And about the new members, I noticed just few of them, most of them ask for help and after that they leave ... or some of them join TGTAP to get mods ( I have a friend here that joined just to download mods for GTA SA :P he is a GTA maniac too :D )

Yep, it was a lot more cooler when I joined ... TGTAP had something special, that's why I stayed ...

And is it only me but I think that some of us *scare* the new members, they commit a mistake and all of you guys start flaming wars ... and they leave ...

Yes, I believe that's what most of the New-ish members do. I believe they follow older members that have been here since the warzone got even bigger. I believe doing this might make a pretty positive change, especially for the forum and the members too. Usually, not all members do scare off a new member immediately, but they begin to get picky with the new member and the new member would also get picky which causes a fight.

I for one joined since I knew alot on GTA LCS and VCS, but I was also interested in the community. I for one think the community back in 06' was good because at the time, everything was interesting and I was a new member myself, along with other members that I'm friends with.

This forum will definitely get even more active when it's nearly time for GTA IV to be released, that itself will give a massive boost of members + Alot of posts & topics in the IV Forum. But I think at this time, we can't really do much to get us back on track unless we start off on a new slate.

EDIT: Who formatted the word Unless? I never did that, lol.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to be getting the idea, and there have been loads of useful suggestions in this topic. But I get the feeling Chris is just going to maybe do one of the ideas and pretend he's spent ages making loads of changes, which I'm just fed up of.

I'm always active I am ;)

Seriously stop the self-promotion lol. We all know you know how to use IPB too, yet you always try to show us how. The ideas can be okay though.

Keep the suggestions coming people... not that Chris listens, but everyone else is.

Alright, I really can't be bothered to go through ALL of those new posts, but here's what I really want.

1. Warzone delete. Why? All it does is encourage people to argue and stupidly flame. Like someone said, PM is fine if there is a problem between two members.

2. FFaG delete. Why? In my honest opinion, it's fucking stupid and pointless. Period.

3. Staff rearrangement. Why? With putting the appropriate people at the positions they should be, things will work smooth. IE: Don't put someone who pulls random things out of their ass to a S. mod. Obviously an administrative system where two (or more?) can work together to improve current standings with the forum.

I do expect something to be done, if there isn't, well. I'll find a forum that does.

Yeah I sorta agree, the forum games is a bit of a waste of time (hey the chicken topic was mine!! thats actually funny if you read it :P)

Warzone/RP seems pretty dumb, its like "ohh f**k him he is a retard" "no your gay" bla bla bla USELESS

But dont get rid of the general discussion/lifestyle forums, they r good for when you dont wanna talk about GTA - GTA is why I came here in the first place, but, the general discussion type forum, and the friendliness of *most* members made me stay, otherwise I would've just left after I had found what I wanted

Dont remember who said that people arent really talking about GTA because there isnt much new to talk about that hasnt been said, but I agree with that...mainly now its just new members posting "how do you mod cars i tried and it didnt work" "my mod doesnt work wtf" "where can i get a pirated version of GTA" "can someone send me a original handling.cfg, gta3.img, carcols.dat, *insert file here*"

Even if you take out the warzone, I still think that people will want it back and arguments will occur in other forums, which in all would be pointless.

@Sky

Not sure why we need a staff rearrangement although some staff such as Jared are quite inactive I dont think the staff have anything to do with this.

I hope some changes are made but I dont want wholesale changes that will just drive members away rather than in.

Even if you take out the warzone, I still think that people will want it back and arguments will occur in other forums, which in all would be pointless.

@Sky

Not sure why we need a staff rearrangement although some staff such as Jared are quite inactive I dont think the staff have anything to do with this.

I hope some changes are made but I dont want wholesale changes that will just drive members away rather than in.

Bold: It does. Completely. It takes staff to run a forum. I mean, you have to have members too (obviously) but it's just going to flunk out with no authoritative figures making things run smoothly. Or people will just run rampant, either way, the forums would turn to be shit. Things are fine now, but there is much room to improve.

Italics: If they want to argue and flame, it's their choice to be suspended (It hasn't been happening lately, though) I don't think you need twenty other forum members flaming someone you've had a conflict with. Like Chris said, PM them.

@Sky

So qhat are you suggesting we do? Add more staff.

@Tec & Gerard

Agree with both of yous, I would rather keep the classics forum but just add it into a general GTA sub forum as well. So the forum would be called 'GTA classics and general GTA' I think it would work.

Add? Not exactly. Bump one or two people up to S mod, and spread the forums that are left out to the regular mods. And bump someone up to admin.

@Sky

So qhat are you suggesting we do? Add more staff.

@Tec & Gerard

Agree with both of yous, I would rather keep the classics forum but just add it into a general GTA sub forum as well. So the forum would be called 'GTA classics and general GTA' I think it would work.

Add? Not exactly. Bump one or two people up to S mod, and spread the forums that are left out to the regular mods. And bump someone up to admin.

@ Sky: Tbh, I think you and Gerard would be good as admins.

Edited by I©e

Staff promotions are something I've been thinking about, just not sure which ones to promote...

General GTA forum could be a good idea but not sure how popular it would be. Generally there's only a few topics which span several of the games and they're stuff like "which is your favourite character" or something. It's something I'll think about anyway and almost certainly one of the changes most likely to be made.

GTA Classics forum will always be kept no matter how infrequently used it is. We need separate forums for all the GTA games. We're a GTA forum.

I've just removed the Warzone forum. I moved a few of the topics which were popular into the renamed Fun and Off-topic forum as requested in here. Again, let me know if you would like a dedicated RP forum. At the moment the consensus seems that not many are bothered. I only noticed a few topics while looking through the warzone, one of course the big one with nearly 500 replies, the rest died quickly it seems.

I wouldnt have noticed the changes if Chris didnt say he did it. I would've probally tryed going into the private gang chat instead. Yeah the RP and Warzone was a waste of time and it caused people to flame more out of that forum. Although I dont really like the new name for the Fun & Games forum. It should just be called The Off-Topic Forum in stead of the Fun & Off-Topic forum.

One thing that has to be changed or dealt with is "one-word-posts". I have indeed done it before outside forum fun & games but it's becoming more common. One word posts are not the way we can attract more members. In most topics there is always someone likely to come in and post "lolz", "OMG", "cool" etc.

Also we can encourage members to try not to shout at newer members for do something stupid like most newbies. They always get dragged away because their upset or pissed off at someone because they got shouted at for as an example "not knowing how to do something".