55 members have voted

1. 1. WHo should You Be

• Carl "CJ" Johnson
    • Tommy Vercetti
    • A New Black Guy
    • A New White Guy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not racist, it is opinionated and has a thin spectrum.

-I do not see the need to classify the character as "black" or "white".

-I do not believe these should be the only two choices

-I would like to see Rockstar broaden the horizon by choosing a character neither black or white.. Why not hispanic? Asian? Middle Eastern?

-If I was to take a SALT survey then I would check my race as causcasian BUT I am tired of seeing the caucasian influence in GTA main characters. Rockstar has moved in the right direction with Carl Johnson and should continue to hi-light more diverse cutlures.

-I... for one am sick of the mafia theme in GTA, I believe if you want haven't had enough mafia in GTA.. move on the The Godfather game and keep replaying the game called.... "Mafia."

- I would really like to see either a hispanic person or an Indian person be the main character of GTA this time. I would say Asian but that has been done in True Crime.

-Lastly this thread should be LOCKED...

-P.S. ...locked!

Well maybe R* might let everybody choose their race before they start playing. It's not really racist because it's been mostly white guys in GTA. But serously, GTA is not really a 'gangsta' game,it's mobster and mafia stuff.

GTA isn't a 'gangsta', 'mobster', or 'mafia' game. Rockstar officially calls their game a "Chasing Game." Therefor, they may pick any genre they want as long as they tie it to stealing cars (grand theft auto).. AND using the car you steal to chase someone down. That's what GTA is really about. No mobsters, no mafia.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is very racist and ignorant. It should be locked. I know its based on opinion and doesn't offend any specific race but we shouldn't be voting whether or not we want the character to be "white" or "black." I'm caucasian and I would want to see someone latino, indian, or asian to see things in a different dimension.

This topic is very racist and ignorant. It should be locked. I know its based on opinion and doesn't offend any specific race but we shouldn't be voting whether or not we want the character to be "white" or "black." I'm caucasian and I would want to see someone latino, indian, or asian to see things in a different dimension.

Oh yeah, be politically correct. You're saying that it's racist if we choose weather the next GTA character is white or black, and you think it's racist that we didn't "include" a Latino, Indian, or Asian as a choice. Does it really matter? If you want a Latino, Indian, or Asian to play as, you can make a mod or play another game. There are plently of mods that turn Carl Johnson white or Tommy Vercetti black.

Rockstar will make games tailored to what most people want. If most people want to play as an Arab, then Rockstar will respond.

Just because Rockstar hasn't made an Asian focused game yet, doesn't mean they won't.

San Andreas was very diverse, in that Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Italians were all included in the cast.

If Rockstar is doing as you say, it is because. in America, white people make up the highest population...

If you don't understand that, you're the one who's ignorant.

P.S. Next time, say "White" instead of "Caucasian." It contains fewer syllables.

It's probably just a vague mistake the poll starter made, no bad intentions.

What I must talk about though, is the guy who brought up this topic in the first place. It was a year old, and are the mods taking note of him? Just wondering.

San Andreas was very diverse, in that Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Italians were all included in the cast.

That's my taste right there, diversity. I don't care what the main theme is, as long as it isn't just mafia or ghetto or anything else alone.

Dave, don't double post just because you want a reply.

GTA isn't a 'gangsta', 'mobster', or 'mafia' game. Rockstar officially calls their game a "Chasing Game." Therefor, they may pick any genre they want as long as they tie it to stealing cars (grand theft auto).. AND using the car you steal to chase someone down. That's what GTA is really about. No mobsters, no mafia.

Eff that shit. It's gangstER. Mob-esque. Mafia all the way. I'm sorry, but I hate the stupid gang-banging missions. They suck. "Gangstas" suck, too. The whole scene, is effin' retarded. If you want to be in a "gang", join the Mafia, or the Yakuza.

• 2 weeks later...

ok.. so first of all its definitly not a racist thing.. he just wants your opinion.. so don't make a big deal about it.. i think that they should give you like a couple of choices.. you start out as someone random. (but a main character), and they should have it so you can go in your room or something. look in the mirror and then choose between people.. black, white, hispanic, asian, middle eastern.. they are all the same main character, just a different race. so that would be cool.

I could see choosing a race and facial features like tiger woods and the godfather only if the game focused on a mysterious person who wasn't really the focus and didn't have any family ties like CJ. I would like it if you had a list of names to choose from... Like R* recorded like 30 sound clips of voice actors saying different names so they can insert the names where ever a person says their name. Bad idea?

• 4 weeks later...

I think there should be several playable characters. When you start the game, it goes into a character select screen which determines the storyline depending who you choose.

I think there should be a playable female character with 'boyfriend missions' like CJ had to date in SA to get extra outfits. :yup:

Edited by tommy_8_ball

ok.. so first of all its definitly not a racist thing.. he just wants your opinion.. so don't make a big deal about it.. i think that they should give you like a couple of choices.. you start out as someone random. (but a main character), and they should have it so you can go in your room or something. look in the mirror and then choose between people.. black, white, hispanic, asian, middle eastern.. they are all the same main character, just a different race. so that would be cool.

It would have been stupid to have a white guy if the theme was "gangsta". And it would've been silly to have a black guy playing as a mafia boss (at least a bit).

Edited by White Flight

a new storyline with claud at the beginning, tommy in the middle, cj at the end, and a new charector. a mexican dude wud be da best i think. add all the themes. ghetto and gansta, mafia and mobbing, yazuca and asian gangs, country western gangs, hispanic gangs, and anything els R* can come up with. but wutever u do. just dont make the guy u play an asian. i wudnt like dat.

• 1 month later...