Soccer TALK

barcafc

Too bad Chelsea didn't won yesterday, they totally owned the game, ManU only played for 30 minutes ( as usual ) and the hard-working team of the game was Chelsea. I'm effin tired of this teams that keep winning and they play only 20 or 30 minutes per match.

Man U performed superbly for the whole of the first half actually, it was a lucky goal Chelsea got and it wasn't deserved at all. Van Der Sar didn't do much in the shootout, but he saved one and that won it. Don't forget the Charity Shield when he saved 3, sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesn't. I just want this pathetic Ronaldo saga to finish, he won't win much at Real Madrid and he's better off at Man U. Still, if he insists on going, fuck it, let him. £100 million will buy us 5 world class players to replace him.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets remember Sir Alex is not stupid, he will get rid of Ronaldo when the time is right, look at Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Stam as a few examples, he is not afraid of getting rid of people who think they're getting big. If he goes to Real Madrid he wont be the same player.

I am not sure why everyone hates United, they play exciting football plus they dont cheat. Last night Chelsea harassed the refereee all game and Terry spat at Tevez and Drogba slapped Vidic, Chelsea have a unsportsmanship behaviour.

To be honest I don't give a toss about either of the teams, Manchester United are far too popular and I'm surprised that my school chose Old trafford as one of the school trips this year. Chelsea are a little arrogant and have little sportsmanship like what Red devil said.

• 5 weeks later...

Let him go, but I wouldn't sell him to Real Madrid, I think I would only listen to offers from Barcelona and maybe clubs from Italy, he would fetch around £100 million.

The thing with Ronaldo is that he has got a big ego now before he was just a player with potential and not really that good, but Man Utd made him good and now hes turning his back on them. Real Madrid have always tried to unsettle players, they done it with, Figo, Zidane and Beckham and the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Thought me thinks Sir Alex will let him rot in the reserves for a few games and teach him a lesson or two and even fine him.

Mump. Not really related to Euro 2008, so I post it here.

I heard Christiano Ronaldo is going to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid with no hesitation. What you think, widespread Manchester United fans on this forum?

I am really happy that he might leave. That's the best thing! Since I hate him as far as he plays for Man Utd. Also if he would leave to Barcelona or Inter he would have been my most hated player ever.

But if he goes to Real Madrid, I'll have C Ronaldo again as my favorite player!

Yesterday Turkey knocked Croatia out!! :D

• 1 month later...

It's about time this topic was revived. Seeing as the new Premier League season is just around the corner, any thoughts on that? Or if you're a Football League fan, happy with the start your team's made? I'm worried about Man Utd, and the fact they haven't bought any strikers yet. All they have is Campbell, Rooney and Tevez. They have Saha as well but he's always injured. They're struggling to get Berbatov because of Tottenhams high valuation, and they also had a bid rejected today for David Silva of Valencia. That's SILVA, not David Villa. I think if they don't get one in, they won't win anything. I'm also angry at Ronaldo, who's treated the club like a piece of shit. On the plus side, I'm impressed with Rafael Da Silva, a young right back they managed to sign. He's 17 I think - can't find any info anywhere on him, and he has a brother, who's also at United. He should get a few sub appearances this season.

I think this is how the top 4 will finish:

1st - Chelsea

2nd - Man Utd

3rd - Liverpool

4th - Arsenal

I hope Man Utd win it, but it's a big ask to win 3 titles in a row, but who knows? And the bottom 3:

18th - West Brom

19th - Stoke

20th - Hull

I can't see Hull or Stoke staying up. I think West Brom could well survive, but I have to go with my initial thought.

Edited by The Bossman

• 1 month later...

Man Utd have been pretty poor in this season by their high standards and probably only won against Bolton yesterday through a dodgy penalty decision.

But I think the teams that are playing bad and are in a real trouble are porstmouth and tottenham, both spent lots in the summer and both are on a losing streak wonder how they games goes between them today should be goals galore.

• 1 month later...

Bump. :)

Looks like Man. United are ready to sign both Zoran Tosic (21) and Adem Ljajic (17), from Serbian club Partizan FK. Tosic is such a great player, I've seen the guy score from like 40 out and it was the sickest shot ever, I've seen some of his free kicks as well, and they're ridiculous. Ljajic is a younger guy, only 17, but is already being called "Little Kaka" in Serbia, and it's said he'll end up one of Europe's superstars.

That'll make the Serbs on United count to 3: Vidic, Tosic, and Ljajic! :) Sucks, my favorite team is Partizan and I hate to see our best talent being boughten. :/ Yugoslavia used to have a rule not allowing players to leave the country until they're 28, which was GOOD. Notice how Partizan used to be great, and Red Star Belgrade even won Champions League in '91.

Oh well though, I'll get to see more of them if they play for United. I can't wait, in a few years Ljajic will be 20-ish and be on the regular Serbia national team, along with Vidic, Ivanovic (from Chelsea), Tosic, a few other guys we have scattered around Europe and our other great young players that make up our fantastic U-21 team!

Who saw Serbia 6 - 1 Bulgaria last week?! :)!!

• 1 month later...

Another bump. Man U are playing Chelsea at the moment, not a lot has happened so far. Lampard got booked early on, but it's been fairly quiet so far. As for Liverpool, yesterdays draw with Stoke shows they don't have the firepower to win the title.

EDIT: 2-0 to Man U, not long left! :D Vidic, a header in first half stoppage time, and Rooney scored seconds ago. Surely Man U will win now?

EDIT 2: 3-0, Chelsea have been awful, LOL. Berbatov stabbed in from a Ronaldo free kick, I believe.

Edited by The Bossman

^ Yeah, Evans has been a revelation at centre back, a more than adequate replacement for Ferdinand. And the game against Derby is the Carling Cup Semi Final, 2nd Leg, JTLYK, not the Premier League. :) Also, what about all this transfer talk with Man City? They're going to sign Bellamy soon from West Ham, who's an utter joke, and I doubt they'll end up with Kaka, he's not stupid. I think all this money for Man City will work against them. They have all the money, but clubs know about this and are therefore holding out for massive amounts of cash before selling players, like the Kaka case. Last I heard, the bid was £130 million. -_-

It all blew over in the end, surprise surprise. Money can't get you anything you want, Kaka said he listened to the fans and followed his heart, which was the right decision. Also, Man U beat Derby 4-2 2 days ago, winning 4-3 on aggregate, so they're in the final against Tottenham, who lost to Burnley yesterday 3-2 but went through on aggregate 6-4.

Mini Bump

Man Utd have really started playing well they haven't coneceded in the EPL for 11 games now I think which is very good well its the record now and Ferdinands been injured, Vidic has been immense (as usual) and Evans has been doing really well (shame his injury coincided with Ferdinand back, would've been interesting of who the manager would have picked if both were fit). I reckon Man Utd will win the title with Liverpool dieing away when the CL (champions League) resumes.

I expect Aston Villa to snatch 4th place now as they really are playing well in perofmrances and results.

Anyway cant wait for Man Utd v Inter Milan.

• 3 weeks later...

Another bump. As already mentioned, Man U have had an incredible run of clean sheets. If Man U don't concede against Fulham on Wednesday, they'll set a world record for amount of consecutive clean sheets. I don't think the cups count, they've kept the clean sheets in the league. Also, the younger players United have are amazing - Gibson, Welbeck, Rafael and Fabio, Possebon, Evans, etc. They all deserve to start in the Carling Cup final.

Liverpool drew 1-1 today with Man City, so now they're 7 points behind with the same amount of games played as Man U. I think the next 4 games for Man U and Liverpool will decide the title. If Liverpool drop any more points, then Man U will definitely win the title again. And the clean sheet record technically still stands, even though United conceded against Blackburn. Van Der Sar holds the record, not Kuszczak.

Man Utd and Spurs are facing each other in the Carling Cup today. I think Foster will be in goal for this match, as Van Der Sar hasn't been playing this season. Me and my Dad were just driving around an hour ago and we saw shit loads of limousines, no doubt containing some of the players.

I was wrong, Man U were actually ages away from breaking the clean sheet world record, and it's over now anyway. Still 7 points between Man U and the scousers, but Man U have a game in hand, so it could be 10 points, which would then be game over for liverpool. And the Carling Cup is currently underway, around 20 minutes left and still 0-0. Should have been a penalty a matter of seconds ago for Ronaldo, but the ref wrongly booked him for diving. Bastard.