Soccer TALK

barcafc

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Foster played brilliantly, those saves in the penalties were awesome. I don't know if Van Der Sar would have been better. I still can't believe it went to penalties, there were some nice goals but I would have thought they would have at least scored once in the match, maybe Anderson or something. These are the youngers though so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Liverpool for trouncing Man U, I think that'll serve as a wake-up call and they'll now have a response for their next game. It won't affect the title race though, United will still win it, and maybe the FA Cup as well. I think the CL is out of reach this year, but I hope I'm wrong. @ Ivan, yeah, it was a CL record, heaviest defeat ever, 12-2 on aggregate, lmao.

• 3 weeks later...

Double post. Fuck yeah, Man U finally got back on track in the Prem. :D They won 3-2 today, a last gasp winner scored by a 17 year old on his debut - Macheda. United bought him from abroad, about 3 or 4 years ago. Ronaldo scored the other 2 goals. The scoring went 1-0 Utd, 1-1 Villa, 2-1 Villa, 2-2 Utd, 3-2 Utd.

Macheda you beauty! That was a brilliant curl. Ronaldo's freekick was pretty good too. I think Man Utd definitely have a better chance of winning, especially because we have a game in hand. We're facing FC Porto next for the Champions League, then after that Sunderland lol.

Manchester United - FC Porto, today, dunno who I will support, probably ManU. There's also Villareal vs. Arsenal, now I know for sure I'd like Arsenal to win. It's one of my fav teams from England. But then again, I also like how Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea play. I would like to watch this match instead of ManU-Porto, which is on TV, but Villareal-Arsenal is only broadcasted online on a romanian site, and unfortunately I have connexion problems, the same goes with tomorrow's game Bayern-Barca, it's online only and Liverpool-Chelsea is on TV. I'm pissed, in RO I haven't seen Barca on TV this season. Only if they qualify for the final I'll be able to see it.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

Team news ahead of the Porto - Man U game:

Ferdinand and Anderson will miss the game, both got injured on international duty, and so did Berbatov. Vidic, Scholes and Rooney will all return, as well as Park, and Macheda is in the squad. Fergie hasn't decided yet on Giggs or Neville, not sure if they'll play. This is the 22 man squad for the game:

Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Neville, Vidic, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Eckersley, Ronaldo, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck, Macheda.

I hope they'll win, might be a narrow 1-0 win, I think.

Nah, Porto scored. On second tought (earlier post), I won't mind Porto qualifying for the next round. Guess I'm just tired of so many English teams qualifying for the CL finals, not that they don't deserve it, but it's time for others to qualify too.

May the best team win.

Also, noticed Villareal is leading too, I wish Arsenal would win tough.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

I cannot believe what I am seeing at the moment. Manchester United are playing the worst football I've seen in years, absolutely unbelievable. They gave away an away goal in the Champions League within 4 minutes, have given 1 player numerous free headers, and generally look very very shakey. Park, Evans, Scholes, Vidic, Carrick, O'Shea, all playing shit, and all should be subbed at half time. I' d sub the whole fucking team, not good enough. Even now, I'm watching it, and they're giving away possession constantly, and can't string 2 passes together. They're up against FC Porto by the way - unbeaten since 1st November.

^ That was my post I just wrote on another forum, so might as well post it here too.

Edited by Bateman.

lol Bateman, sure ManU is not in top condition but they still play pretty good. Talking about crappy playing, my fav romanian team just got owned 2-0 by the weakest team in the league and they are ranked 7th in the league now. Also the national team got owned twice this month and it won't qualify for South Africa 2010.

Still a tie (1-1) between Manchester and Porto, they play nice, it's a joy to watch really. I tend to support Porto more than Manchester, dunno why, maybe bcuz there's a romanian player on the pitch ( Sapunaru ).

Edited by Gycu Brun X

They drew 2-2 in the end, I suppose it was the right result. Utd now face an absolute mountain to climb in the 2nd leg, if they want to reach the Semi finals. I would have had O'Shea at CB from the start, with Neville at RB, but I suppose he's short of match fitness. He's looked a bit shakey the last few games.

@ Sgt_Mike, it's all the additional shit with American Football that seems so lame and cliched, like the cheerleaders, and all the waving foam fingers, and those hats with drinks attached to them. It's very similar to Rugby, essentially, the bigger you are, the more chance your team will win, whereas in Football it's how skilled you are with your feet.

Wow, I totally forgot about this topic.

@Gycu Brun X: You have to admit, Serbia vs Romania was a great game, though. Serbia was really dominating, the Romanian team can play much, much better than that. I heard you guys got rid of the coach now, though?

Anyway, Serbia is now 23rd in the world, yet plays much, much better than that ranking. I think we deserve a spot in the top 20 for sure, possibly top 15 the way they've currently been playing.

There are a number of Serbian talents going to get bought up soon:

- Aleksic: currently in Serbia, possibly going to Arsenal or Real Madrid

- Obradovic: currently in Serbia, possibly going to Barcalona

- Krasic: currently in CSKA Moscow, possibly going to Real Madrid, Liverpool, or Bayern Munich

- Jovanovic: currently in Belgium, possibly going to Barcelona

There are a ton more but I really can't be bothered to type them all up. :)

There were many goals scored today in the Premier League, but best of all was that Man U won again, 2-1 against Sunderland, so now there's a 4 point gap again between Liverpool and Utd. The Chelsea game was great as well, Chelsea were 4-0 up against Bolton at one point, but then Bolton fought back. 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, is this happening? Can they equalise? No, it finished 4-3, but credit to them for fighting when 4-0 down at Stamford Bridge. Most other teams would give up at 2-0 down.

Made a mistake with my previous post, it's actually a 1 point gap Man U have ahead of Liverpool, although Utd still have a game in hand. That game in hand won't be played until the 13th May, so there'll be non-stop pressure on Utd until that day, so they simply have to keep winning. The game after the game in hand, is Arsenal, which is also a must-win. Looking ahead to the midweek Champions League games, I believe Chelsea and Man U will both go through. I can't see Liverpool winning by at least 3 goals at Stamford Bridge, and Man U have the character to win 1-0 away, which is all they need.