2008 Predictions

Gerard

It's 2008 already, and we've got the entire year in front of us. I just can't believe it's January already. I've been ringing it in with Jools Holland as usual - best way there is for anyone with taste.

Anyone got any predictions for 2008?

Next president? Global warming? Catastrophic events? Market crashes? New inventions?

I just can't believe it's January already - never mind 2008.

I've been ringing it in with Jools Holland as usual - best way there is for anyone with taste.

Anyone got any big plans for 2008? Or any predictions?

Jack Thompson will find some other game to bitch about? Honor's Algebra II will be harder than hell to pass?

Man Utd win the Champions League and the Premier League.

Major terrorist attack in the UK, like the London bombings in 2005

Spice Girls break up again

Global Warming continually be the most feared thing

Oil starting to run out (beginning of the end)

Explore more of Mars and the Moon

New technology to be produced (not sure what like)

Putin and Armedinjad to have an alliance

Bush to cause more catastrophy

Well theres mine

Well theres mine

I sort of laughed at that. I don't even see it as a threat let alone the thing I fear the most, but I'm assuming you don't mean everyone fears it.

Anyways...I think inventions will get a bit crazy this year. 2007 had a lot of good ones, but also a lot of unfinished ones. I think there will be more progress in the larger inventions than completed ones. In 2007 physicists found out about the DNA of time, "Time Foam", which will eventually lead to the invention of a time machine in the most likely distant future. I could get more into that, but I don't want to go off topic.

As for president...I have no idea...all I know is Hilary is NOT going to be the president...and that's all I basically care about.

Hopefully this whole war on terrorism ends this year since the US will have a new president...even though the war on terrorism will always be a constant thing.

I LOL'd.

If oil was running out then reserves would show signs of drying up already. We've got at least another 20 years of oil left, and alternative fuels will be mainstream by then.

I seriously doubt Russia will align with Iran.

Also Bush can't really do anything at this point, being that his congress is nearly all Democrat at this point.

1. The yanks pwn everyone in Beijing, just like they do EVERY time.

2. People continue to OMG about global warming, even though they're still blind to the fact that it's really not car emissions killing the planet, it's the plastics industry.

3. New president basically plays the good guy / girl ad sorts out the troops in Iraq.

4. Llama learns to drive.

Big plans .... me and GF's 1 year in march, not sure what we'll do to celebrate. (provided i don't screw anyone else in the meantime :P)

Learning to drive,

Actually trying to work towards my education for once (plus college pwns school)

Tries to get fit - 80% chance it'll get to jan 4th and I'll, give up, and go eat a bucket of cake or something.

New computer (hopefully, needa load of other shit, but, hopefully)

As quoted:

This year's going to be important to me mostly. As this is going to be my last year of school, I have to work hard on my Exams which are going to be starting in May all the way until the end of June, then after that, I've officially finished school for good. Then I'm off to College and I'm going to be doing a Computing Course (I think a BTEC first or National Diploma for at least 3-4 years). So it's going to be a rough year, but it will be a good ending since I'm leaving school, and a new beginning since I'm heading off to College. My birthday is also near towards the end of my school year so I'll be 16 years old (I can't believe I'm the second youngest student on my whole year D:).

I'm also hoping to get a new computer after my exams, then I can finally upload the stuff I need on my computer. So it's going to be a pretty rough, but interesting year for me.

Hopefully as well, after school finishes, my dad said something about learning how to use a car, so that obviously means near around the end of 08' I'll be learning to drive, so probably I'll be getting a driver's licence.

Well theres mine

I sort of laughed at that. I don't even see it as a threat let alone the thing I fear the most, but I'm assuming you don't mean everyone fears it.

Anyways...I think inventions will get a bit crazy this year. 2007 had a lot of good ones, but also a lot of unfinished ones. I think there will be more progress in the larger inventions than completed ones. In 2007 physicists found out about the DNA of time, "Time Foam", which will eventually lead to the invention of a time machine in the most likely distant future. I could get more into that, but I don't want to go off topic.

As for president...I have no idea...all I know is Hilary is NOT going to be the president...and that's all I basically care about.

Hopefully this whole war on terrorism ends this year since the US will have a new president...even though the war on terrorism will always be a constant thing.

Global warming to me is bullsh** but it doesn't mean it to everyone else, while the Media keep hyping this new industry up shall I say it will always make people feared. I even heard a guy climbed a building in London (without no safety equipment) to advertise global warming. Its crazy if you ask me.

War on terrorism is just being the centre of blame for everything now in my opinion. Sure there are 'real' terrorist attacks but some things that happen are just completely nothing to do with terrorism but get blamed on it. Again I think the war on terrorism is a bit too hyped up.

I LOL'd.

If oil was running out then reserves would show signs of drying up already. We've got at least another 20 years of oil left, and alternative fuels will be mainstream by then.

I seriously doubt Russia will align with Iran.

Also Bush can't really do anything at this point, being that his congress is nearly all Democrat at this point.

What I meant in the 'Oil starting to run out' was that this year will (hopefully) be a wake up call for everybody that oil ain't going to keep being pumped up. I know its constantly running out. But as you said theres 20 years left, 20 years isn't a lot of time. Things need ot be changed.

Well Russia might make an allegiance with Iran I think, what I am saying is that Putin always seems to like critisize Bush if he says things bad about Iran, it may be far-fetched but I reckon they will be allies , if not this year sometime in the future.

Bush will always do something wrong, presidents always make mistakes but he has done more things bad than good, and is basically only thinks about his own coutry rather than the whole world when making big decisions.

Anyway its jjust what I think.

Malaysia will run out of petroleum in 2010

Malaysia will become more hotter

Malaysia will have easy disasters such as forest burning,flood and lot

Malaysia goverments will arguing each other because lacks of minerals

Malaysia will have more damn Malays who likes to show wheelies along the road

Malaysia will run out of petroleum in 2010

Malaysia will become more hotter

Malaysia will have easy disasters such as forest burning,flood and lot

Malaysia goverments will arguing each other because lacks of minerals

Malaysia will have more damn Malays who likes to show wheelies along the road

Malaysia would give Sabah back to the Philippines!!! j/k