Games of 2008

Alkali64

So guys, what games you looking forward to this year?

Taking a glance at the release calendar, we've got Dark Sector and Burnout Paradise to look forward to in January. I loved the Burnout demo, and Dark Sector (being the first game announced for the former 'X-Box 2') seems interesting enough. Whether I'll pick up any of these games upon release is the question, but I'll certainly check out some reviews. Although, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Dark Sector slipped again...

February looks like the first month of 2008 where some A-star titles are to be released. First up, there's Mercenaries 2, which appears to be building on the high standards set in the first game. We've also got Devil May Cry 4 (no doubt an early contender for GOTY if it matches expectations) and Turok (now we know more about it, it actually look like it could be decent). Other notable games include online war shooter, Frontlines: Fuel of War, highly successful RPG, Lost Odyssey, and sci-fi favorite Too Human (likely to slip).

In March, there's the likes of Unreal Tournament III and Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway to look forward to. UTIII looks set to revolutionize online gaming once more, but Brothers faces the impossible task of reincarnating the now stale WW2 genre. Will it succeed? Co-op shooter Army Of Two is another of March's key games, along with the likes of Condemned 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

As for the rest of the year, Alan Wake, Alone In the Dark, and Silent Hill V certainly look like premier class titles. It's a pity that Resident Evil 5 probably won't see the light of day this year, though.

Oh yeah, and GTA IV is meant to be kick ass too. :P

Edited by -Acid-

I loved Driver:Parallel Lines,can wait till the new one.GTA IV,so excited! :D

Are you for realz? Total knock-off of GTA games, A few missions were actually total copies, like the one where you had to steal a car, equip it with a bomb, bring it back, and when the driver got in it exploded. Total knock-off of Saint Mark's Bistro.

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3, F.E.A.R. 2, GTA IV and Starcraft II.

Edited by hunter88888

Haze

Killzone 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Online

Gran Turismo 5

The Getaway 3

Heavy Rain

Motorstorm 2

Socom Confrontation

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Devil May Cry 4 (360) - 08.02.2008

WH40k: Dawn of War - Soulstorm Expansion

Army of Two

MGS 4

The City Of Metronome

StarCraft 2

Final Fantasy 13

Fable 2

And *drum roll* GTA IV!

I think most of these games have been mentioned before.

Edited by GTA Don

Oh, one more. An obscure little game called GTA4!

Frankly, I'm not. I'm looking forward to a GTA IV PC release though, which Rockstar will hopefully make.

@GTADon: Surely you're not planing to get all of those? I knew a boy who got a new game every week though.. he had every console and 2 ps2's. Both were in perfect state, but he just wanted to have 2.

Strange fellow..

I'm looking forward to Zack and Wiki :: Quest for Barbaros' treasure.

I'll be getting Tenkaichi 3 too. Don't know what to expect actually.. First DBZ game for me.

I'll get quite some 'old' PC games like World in Conflict and Crysis. Might even get the Orange Box.

Oh, one more. An obscure little game called GTA4!

Frankly, I'm not. I'm looking forward to a GTA IV PC release though, which Rockstar will hopefully make.

@GTADon: Surely you're not planing to get all of those? I knew a boy who got a new game every week though.. he had every console and 2 ps2's. Both were in perfect state, but he just wanted to have 2.

Strange fellow..

I'm looking forward to Zack and Wiki :: Quest for Barbaros' treasure.

I'll be getting Tenkaichi 3 too. Don't know what to expect actually.. First DBZ game for me.

I'll get quite some 'old' PC games like World in Conflict and Crysis. Might even get the Orange Box.

Respect. And this is more like what we're looking forward to, I doubt anyone'll get more than half the games on their list.

I'm most interested in MGS4, because I've been a huge fan ever since the beginning. After that, GTA4, Resident Evil 5 and Gran Turismo 5. I'm sure there are more, I'll have to look them up. I might edit my post if I find more I like.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Burnout: Paradise and the next Hitman game as well.

Edited by the bossman