GTA IV Release Date

MarkD1990

When GTA IV was delayed in 2007, the UK top game retailers 'Game' changed the release date of GTA IV from 19th October 2007 to TBD 2008, but tonight I went on the Game website typed in GTA IV and its got a release date for GTA IV.

If you don't believe me look for your self.

GTA IV Release Date via 'Game'

And I know with 'Game' they only put up real comfirmed dates for the games and not fake ones.

If this has already been posted im sorry. :D

Mark

To be honest, GAME are bollocks.

The people they employ don't know shit, their information is totally unreliable. They're only posting a 'fill - in date' to encourage people to preorder, just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER SITE is. If i went into one of their stores tomorrow, they'd still be like: 'Sorry, mate, no idea.'

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're probably relying on speculation, or, guessing.

Just looked, the release date for the PS3 version is just '2008' , so, it's pretty much guaranteed to be bullshit / guesswork.

Yep, it seems to be some bullshit. I mean, think about it. We are all seeing a lot of dates from out of no where, and possibly their all fake. The only thing GAME is doing is to get more customers to Pre-Order GTA IV and probably, almost every other Retail store is doing it as well.

I for one want to see a real release date, confirmed by Rockstar Games themselves. I don't want to see Retail sites making up dates because now, my brother thinks it's coming out in February since he's been looking at other sites like that as well. I told him about the delay and showed him the news and he wasn't going to buy it. I guess all these retailers are doing is to get customers to buy a Pre-Order. If you think about it, we haven't even heard about any release dates, not even on the fiscal report, so how would GAME know the release date?

GAME will be wrong. No one knows a release date yet and I dont think we will until a couple of more weeks. GAME are trying to encourage people to pre-order the game just like LlamaLlama said.

Until R* have actually released a statement regarding the release date I wont believe anythink I see, For all we know the game could be finished, but there just trying to find the right time to release it.

Until R* have actually released a statement regarding the release date I wont believe anythink I see, For all we know the game could be finished, but there just trying to find the right time to release it.

Agreed, If you take a look at other retailers, you will notice different release dates. Nothing has been confirmed yet, until R* does so.

I do belive this might be true. On the ps3 u can see GTA IV on "games" section on playstation store and it says the 20th april 08 So maybe on 4 months to wait

No, it isn't true, read the other replies. Until Rockstar announce the official release date, all the sites are just trying to milk as much cash as possible from the oblivious public.

This has been gone over a million times, none of the retailers know and are just having a whack at it I guess. BTW, don't try to advertise your site. Thanks.

?? Is having a signature not allowed? I'm proud of the work I have done on my sites. I'm not advertising my sites, if I wanted to advertise I wouldn't be coming here to do so. I come here to talk about gta4. So go tell everyone else they can't have links to there pages in there sig. I don't appreciate being accused. Thanks.