Important: Multiplayer / Gang / Store Changes Imminent

Chris

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno yet Connor, we'll see what happens. Probably not anything major.

See if we have guys like you (rem and connor) learning the scripting languages then we could probably whip something up for ourselves. I guess I can use my knowledge of programming languages and learn it almost immediately depending on how it works.

I just thought I'd post this video here for the MTA haters. Jordan made it for PlanetGTA.

Things we can notice:

Beautiful menu interface which looks very simple to use

Easy to connect to server in the server browser (same as SAMP here tbh)

Syncing issues? There are very few imo, when Jordan shot people they lost health more or less straight away.

And this isn't to say we won't use SAMP, it's just for the people who were complaining about MTA for no apparent reason.

Now back on topic, can I get a quick vote on who here would play multiplayer San Andreas (either mod).. i.e. those of you with SA for the PC and would actively game online. Just post so I can get an idea of how many people we'd have.

Nearly seems as if we are doing the same thing another site did, oh wait thats cause we are doing the same thing :D .

Lame. :rolleyes:

So what's your point? Things change, get over it. If you don't like the changes then put up a good argument or leave.

I wasn't unhappy about the fact there is changes going on, in fact it's not my problem, your choice. I don't have a problem with the changes or even changes in general, my problem was the way we mirror changes to follow trends of other sites rather then flying on our own. As I have said many times before, but of course, as if I would know anything right? Just seems silly to follow sites we are obviously more popular than...

I haven't had my two cents yet.

I don't like the idea. First off, what about us people that don't have MTA or SA:MP? We don't have anything to do.

Secondly, some of us won't be able to afford a Next-Gen system, that runs GTA IV.

Thirdly, why would we for one game?.

Fourthly, sounds alot like GTAforums, why are we following them?

Yes, your letting us keep our forums, but what's the point if we don't have gang wars? One of the reasons I stayed in a gang, now running one.

I'm going to try and keep the SFM running as much as I can, but you getting rid of it, I won't be able to.

If you don't play multiplayer (like me) or you don't have a 360/PS3 (like me) then you're just going to miss out, unless you change one of those things. This idea on its own isn't actually removing anything from the forum, it's just giving some/a-lot-of/most people something extra - not making any difference to the few/lot-of people that can't/don't participate.

The issue comes with getting rid of the gang system - but to be honest, that's pretty much defunct. I wouldn't have said it was FUBAR, but all you can do is apply/getaccepted into gangs and chat in a private subforum - that could still go on after the changes if you have an official clan. AKA no difference, except instead of waiting for non-existent gang wars you can just play on multiplayer.

I don't see any reason not to do this, but Chris is going to have to persuade me a bit harder to host it on my server.

Fourthly, sounds alot like GTAforums, why are we following them?

Phew good, I'm not the only one who noticed...

I didn't plan on copying anyone, it's just turned out that this was the way things were going, we need to make changes that just so happen to be what other forums have also realised. Our problem was that I/we didn't realise this soon enough and are now falling behind. Things are picking up again now and we quickly need to get on the right track and make changes that will appeal to the majority of fans.

Gerard pretty much summed it up for those of you who don't have SA on PC, AND who can't afford a console for GTA IV. You're just going to miss out aren't you. It's your problem really and you're the only one who can fix the situation unfortunately.

Also we don't get rid of the gang system and hopefully we're able to integrate it with either/both of the mods so we can do gang wars and stuff.

Dazza, you're one of the few in a shitty situation. I presume you're waiting for GTA IV to be announced, then developed, then released for the PC? If so then you would have been waiting anyway. What would you have done in the meantime?

For your third point: You are a GTA fan, do whatever you can to play GTA, beg for money, steal money from relatives (not actually a good idea), plead with parents, or if you're old enough, get a crappy job and save all the money you make from it.

the fourth point I answered above.

Hey Chris, first time talking to you, lol.

Well, my situation; I got a 360, but I still clueless just like everyone else about when GTAIV is being released. I still think we should keep the gang system so we can use them in SAMP but other then that people such as Raymond clearly post for points these days...