Going on Holiday

Thomas.

My parents just booked a holiday to Florida (Sarasota) in March/April but I have to stop by Amsterdam. The last 2 times I've been to Florida I had to stop at Newark, New Jersey.

Does anyone know the GBPounds (£) and EUROs () Exchange Rate and GBPounds (£) to USDollars ($) Exchange Rate.

The last times I went it was Winter in Florida, what is it like in Spring?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to spend all your cash over there, seeing as the Dollar is worth far more than the Pound. I bought a load of t-shirts when I was in New York in 2006, to a total of about $75, around 8 or 9 t-shirts as well. Over here it would probably be around £130 or so.

Welcome to my territory. I rule Holland.

Forget learning a few Dutch words. Every idiot here can talk English and as bonus you can laugh about their accent.

Everyone who works at Schiphol speaks English pretty good. Dutch grownups speak English about the same as I do now, accept for the accent.

You'll be at Schiphol airport, I assume.

Do NOT take the 'no tax' crap. Most of the stuff is 4 times more expensive then it would be in a normal shop.

It's a pretty nice airport. It's like a second home to me :P

Wow, that's pretty cool. Not a lot of english speakers learn french... It's a very complicated language, and English is an international language.

It find French quite a bit easier to learn then German actually. Sounds much better too IMO.

Remember to spend all your cash over there, seeing as the Dollar is worth far more than the Pound. I bought a load of t-shirts when I was in New York in 2006, to a total of about $75, around 8 or 9 t-shirts as well. Over here it would probably be around £130 or so.

You mean the Dollor is worth much less then the Pound, right?

The US is extreemly cheap and the UK is quite expensive compared to other countries so buying stuff there (like shirt) is advisable. Do NOT buy games though. They won't work on your PAL version console.

I think PC games can though.

1 Pound is about 2 Dollars. One Euro is 1.41 dollars.

Florida is pretty warm, even in Spring.