finding ped txds, and about vehicles in races

Miller kid

im looking at editing peds textures but i dont know where the txds are keeped within the game files im pretty sure its gta3.img file but then i dont know what the files are called!! any one have any idea?

also, i was to simply change the vehicles in races eg. change cars to more street racing type cars like the jester, elegy etc. im pretty sure this is a script type thing im going to have to edit, can anyone help?

im looking at editing peds textures but i dont know where the txds are keeped within the game files im pretty sure its gta3.img file but then i dont know what the files are called!! any one have any idea?

All peds, weapons and vehicles are in the 'gta3.img' file. Look for them to start about 90% of the way into the file. If you use a program like Txd Workshop, you can get a preview of every texture as you're stepping through the file. All peds (the ones on the street anyway) have acronyms for names so it's not obvious right away who they represent. Look for names starting with ones like 'wfm...' or 'bmy...'. Once you find one, the rest will be in that area.

As for changing the cars that show in races, you'll have to wait for someone else to give you the answer to that. I don't screw around with the scripting.

Before you open your GTA3.IMG file (w/ IMG TOOL 2.0 or similar) make a back up copy in case it goes wrong.

At one point, I had a chart that showed the various peds & their names but you could look at PEDGRP.DAT in DATA to find

the names of peds called in game & see where they are supposed to show up.

For example, here are the golfers (original line from file + unused preacher added) -

WMYGOL1, WMYGOL2, WMOPREA # POPCYCLE_GROUP_GOLFERS

If you have access to San Fierro, you could save the original PEDGRP.DAT file & change the line to show what other peds

look like like this -

BFYPRO, HFYPRO # POPCYCLE_GROUP_GOLFERS

Now the only peds on the golfcourse should be LS prostitutes.

I've played around a little w/ scripting but haven't got races sorted yet.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• 1 month later...

the simple way to find ped textures in SA-models-gta3...is to download PedEditor....there you can see the peds3d,theyr name,stats..after that you open the img tool...and serch the name of your Ped............and for the cars....Ex:if you have zr350, and you want a jester,you can go in the script file and edit it with SAbuilder..........or just extract the both cars to a folder.....than rename the jester with zr350(dff+txd) and the zr350with the jester(dff+txd)......after that enter img tool and replace the files.....and rebuild archive....dont forget to backup you files.... :dribble::yup::bleh:

Edited by sLiM-BaBy

Switching models might be the easier way out for you, just remember to stick w/ similar vehicle types (2-door, 4-door,

bikes, planes, etc) & don't mix them.

I haven't made a serious effort to find the races in the MAIN.SCR file (over 1/2 million lines of code), but I also want to find

the section that controls races. In my case I want to make them "run what you brung" (like the races in VC & GTA3) & the

cars currently used become reward cars at some of your savehouses. If I find the section, I'll start a topic "SA races Code"

or similar.