Music Genre

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I can give you an example of each so if you wanna hear the difference you can do it by yourself, you'll understand better if you listen than reading what I explain, that I'm sure you won't understand much

hip hop: Chingy - Balla Baby

rap: Bizzy Bone - Before I Go

r&b: Cassidy ft. R. Kelly - Hotel

I donno if you'll understand or even listen, well I've just answered your question by giving you examples.

kokane based on those three songs you gave as examples I like rap the most out of those, then hip hop, then r&b

i suppose if im gonna be an illegal street racer then i'm gonna need to listen to this stuff, claudia reccomend me some songs. Imagine how cool im gonna be :P

thinking about it im probably not gonna be an illegal street racer, but anyway, at least i'll fit in with the crowd :P

Chris u said u liked rap the most, here is my fav part from the song "before i go", the one that i know by hard :P

Momma momma I know I'm selling this marijuana god

I do what I wanna but god they won't give me a job

I scream and I holler and even tried to stop the cops

Block my get away I know I'm selling chop chop

God when they send me away on the ten pop

Waiting for, drama cause I'm skinny

The streets may be hideous but the heat was pretty

Candy made me die tittie why when we ride

On to the nitty gritty slide on the system of lies

With me and my pride I don't think I'm gonna make it alive (what)

Cause if I do

I'm a be institute

Sugar lies thugged out ever since PAC died

I know what thugstas all about make a sacrifice for Christ

These motherfuckers never could kill me twice (kill me twice)

Crack pipes on the playground playground playground playground playground

{Before I go to jail yall Hell nah don't let em put me in a cell lord} B)

heh, you mean "off by heart" not 'by hard' :P

can see why you put that though ;)

dont think i'll ever learn a rap song off by heart, although when I used to listen to eminem back in the old days (real slim shady, my name is, without me, the way i am) I knew all the words to them.

EDIT: just listened to them for the first time in years and i still know all the words, yay for me :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, another person who doesn't know shit about the music genre that he is downing.

1. If you actually listen to it, it's amazing. Some real badass stuff.

2. With the drums and guitars like that, singing isn't going to work. The only thing that does work with that type of music, is screaming or growling.

3. Please, before generalising, know some facts. There are countless types of metal.

Thanks for the lesson, now my points:

Accept the fact that I for some reason dont like it, I dont care about genres, is that kind or rock (if you want to say genres) the only kind of rock that I dont like, probably is your favorite, trust me, I DONT CARE.

Now, you can actually have some good "badass" music without needing to scream like if you are having an orgasm, take Adema, is kind of metal, and some songs the singer screams, but not all the damn song, probably for you it isnt metal, but for me is the closest thing I like to hard metal (I know I am stucked with genres).

I dont like to fight about it, is stupid to fight over a forums, but where I am generalising?, I said I dont like people screaming like they are being killed, that is the kind of metal I dont like, I think the music is great in some metal songs, but the scream and growl makes no real sense to me (except for just a few cases), and note that I am not downing, I am just saying why I dont like that kind of music, same as I could say why I am not into Rap, Pop, etc.

This is me, you cant say I am wrong because I am just giving my opinion, I cant say you are wrong because of the same reasons, so lets stop here, OK?

Edited by Oscar

No, I actually HAVE to reply.

I like just a few, but I am mostly about music, not people just screaming, I respect aññ kind of music genres, but well, I am mostly into rock, but not hard metal rock.

Hard metal rock can be various different types of metal. You generalized it being people screaming.

Not all metal bands 'scream', and they all don't always 'scream'.

but I am mostly about music, not people just screaming

Since when does the actual music have anything to do with the screaming. They don't "just scream". There is music in there too, really good music.

And here we go:

Hard metal rock can be various different types of metal. You generalized it being people screaming.

Well, Ok, then I dont like music where the singes spends all the time screaming, maybe I am a music ignorant, maybe I just pointed one kind of metal, If I did, my mistake, I can actually recognize I am wrong, are you happy?

Since when does the actual music have anything to do with the screaming. They don't "just scream". There is music in there too, really good music.

Read my last post, I said I like ths music here:

I think the music is great in some metal songs, but the scream and growl makes no real sense to me (except for just a few cases)

Maybe I said there again that it was metal, my bad again, I dont care about genres, if I like a song or a band I just like it, I couldnot care less the damn genre, I just noticed how are called most of the songs I like, and the ones I dont like, I am not a music freak, I just like to listen to some good music, good for me, without caring about what other people think about it, and I am almost sure you do the same.

Now, is this done?

Yes. Though one part of your post I didn't understand.

I know, sometimes my grammar and my spelling trying to bring my ideas, english is not my born languaje, so maybe some ideas make sense for me in spanish, but not in english

You want good music? Mix metal with funk. And for some fun use a bit of techno.

I love techno sometimes, is the best for parties, really fun to dance and have fun with.