GTA IV Coming to Stores in March 2008 According to Micro Center

MarkD1990

gta-500.jpg

In the past, retailers have had the tendency to slip-up with their advertisements regarding games that have not been give a set release date. Sears, Target, GameStop, and Circuit City are the largest culprits when trying to get gamers to shop at their stores, but this time it is not the usual suspects.

Recently, Micro Center listed GTA IV in one of their sales circulars with a release date of March 08. The ad states that “New release availability dates are subject to change”, which means they either have no clue or are just covering their asses. Whatever the case may be, Rockstar was contacted by Game Daily (who broke the news), and a Rockstar rep stated that Grand Theft Auto IV “is going to come out during our second financial quarter of 08.”

So, as usual, take this for what it is worth - speculation. With Super Smash Bros. Brawl hitting stores on March 9th, if GTA IV were to drift into stores around the same time, this could turn into nothing short of a feeding frenzy.

Thanks for the heads up: Game Daily

Source: FileFront

Perhaps they'll release it on the 9th too. Just to see the reaction of people.

In general people who'll buy GTA IV on it's release and SSBB on it's release are pretty different when it comes to gaming preferences. I don't think it'd make such a big deal. Nintendo has quite a hardcore fanbase, so they won't really be influenced. Wouldn't be suprised if they'd let SSBB slip for another month.

I'm pretty sure March is going to be the month GTA IV is going to be released. Doubt they'll wait much longer.

Same here I have my GCSEs this year and wasn't actually going to be buying it on its original release date back in October, it was sort of a relief (for me) that it was delayed, perfect release date for me would be mid/late July but I seriously doubt that will happen.

And Aidashii you wont want the game sooner, as it will ruin revision, you want it to be released after exams.

April is still before exams and March gives us an extra month to get the game out of our system a bit.

Anyway, i'm sure we can all be disciplined and buy the game and only play it at certain times or wait and buy it later.

It's not the same buying it later as you have to ignore everything everybody says about the game which is going to be hard. And then when you finally get it, you talk to others about the game and they say: "Yeah, been there done that, let's talk about something more interesting"

My IRL friends are not into GTA so yea..

April is still before exams and March gives us an extra month to get the game out of our system a bit.

Anyway, i'm sure we can all be disciplined and buy the game and only play it at certain times or wait and buy it later.

It's not the same buying it later as you have to ignore everything everybody says about the game which is going to be hard. And then when you finally get it, you talk to others about the game and they say: "Yeah, been there done that, let's talk about something more interesting"

My IRL friends are not into GTA so yea..

Yeah but I will start my revision around april time, so having the temptation of gta would be pretty bad. I know if i bought it, i would focus much more on that than my studies, so a summer release would suit me best.

Same here Niko Bellend, all my mates are going to get it after exams, and I have already started revision, have been doing small bits of revision here and there to gradually build up to the exams.

If I got the game on its release date I would play it literally every day, thats why I aint going to get it in April (supposed release date) I can wait about another 2 months to get it, and lcukily the price might have dropeed.