Real cars in IV?

Davve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw of the car, I think it's a return of the SA Buccaneer based on an early Monte Carlo.

The Monte Carlo you showed us is an earlier model, like a '72 -

http://images.google.com/images?q=72+Monte...sa=N&tab=wi

Here's a '77 (a little squarer & different headlights) -

http://images.google.com/images?q=77+Monte...sa=N&tab=wi

Bear in mind, I remember these cars being new & spent a few hours working on them.

Also, R* has paid for licensing of cars in Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition.

Rockstar San Diego created Midnight Club, Rockstar North are the geniuses behind the GTA games...

I actually wouldn't mind a few old cars in the game, like the Stallion and this Monet Carlo inspired car but I'm guessing there wouldn't be much old cars left..

Yeah it is, it was in the first trailer If my memory is right.

But imagine driving a Nissan Skyline R34 or a Ford F-250 down the streets of Liberty City!

And maybe if there was a skyline type car to make it more relistic rockstar could put the stering wheel on

the right hand side like my cusin's.

SA had a Skyline. It was left-side drive like every other vehicle.

Rockstar San Diego created Midnight Club, Rockstar North are the geniuses behind the GTA games...

Not to mention the fact that Midnight Club is a racing game, it's mainly about the cars. GTA, isn't.

I don't think these are "real cars" just because they look similar. Rockstar have been doing this all along, but the graphics have changed significantly, making it look like they are doing "real cars".

From what I saw of the car, I think it's a return of the SA Buccaneer based on an early Monte Carlo.

The Monte Carlo you showed us is an earlier model, like a '72 -

http://images.google.com/images?q=72+Monte...sa=N&tab=wi

Here's a '77 (a little squarer & different headlights) -

http://images.google.com/images?q=77+Monte...sa=N&tab=wi

Bear in mind, I remember these cars being new & spent a few hours working on them.

Very good point. And yes it did exist in SA as one of the cars with hydrolicks. Here for those who cant remember it:

Buccaneer3.jpg

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

I think the basic concept of the cars are based on real cars and I think they did somewhat copy the logo but just modified it a bit. I also think it would be cool if they took names from real cars and modified them a bit like te shitzu.

That is kinda what they do but its not always funny. Like Delorian - Deluxo or Stallion - Mustang and on or they make up stuff that fits to the car. Its better than paying a license!

@ Spaz

Well, Midnight Club is a pure racing game with interiors, custom parts etc. If you were to compare a Skyline R34 to the Elegy in IV they would resemble each other in appearance more then they did in San Andreas and MC3 because these 2 games use the RAGE.

I actually like the unlicensed vehicles. Some of them actually look better then what they are supposed to represent but some really suck. The front of the Elegy was shit.

• 3 weeks later...
post-10548-1203717236_thumb.jpgpost-10548-1203717910_thumb.jpgpost-10548-1203718163_thumb.jpgpost-10548-1203718766_thumb.jpgYou will of probably already noticed this already but on the hybrid car video on the GTA 4 website you catch a line of cars. In picture one seems to be an aston martin DB9. The picture on the wall behind in the red circle looks simalar to the aston martin logo aswell. To the right of it the car green looks like it might be a ferrari and it has a yellow badge but i am unsure. The second photo of the grey car could be a corvette and in the third picture the red car appers to be a porche 911 which i think is the comet from other screenshots and by looking at the badge i think it is. plese coment if you have any other suggestions. :coolthumbup:

Yer the pic isn't that good really. it'll be better when you get it on your high def surround sound TV at home. I know i won't be complaining.

I'm not complaining about the visuals, I think they look great, I just think that in comparison to the other cars in the lot, the Comet looks as if it's from another game. Bearing in mind what R* have said about realism, most up to date Porsches have a slightly sleeker look, which I don't think has been captured as well as some of the other models in the game.