R* Blames PS3 for Delay

IllusionMPN

Reports are coming in to us that the delay was because of development issues with the PS3. Rockstar hinted that GTA IV may have actually been ready for release back in October if it were not for the PS3 development going slowly.

A Rockstar rep has come out and told MTV that the PS3 was a big factor in why GTA IV had to be delayed beyond its scheduled holiday 2007 release date in either October or November.

He did state though that the development is at the point now where the PS3 version has caught up to the Xbox 360 version.

He stated that the PS3 is no longer an issue in terms of the development of GTA IV on it, stating that it is identical to the Xbox 360 version.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick stated that the reason for the delay of GTA IV was due to “technological problems,” or “challenges.”

The rep told MTV News that “It’s really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that.”

He stated “That’s not to say, there’s anything wrong with the PS3 version. It’s awesome. They’re both identical.”

I remember reading this somewhere when they originally announced the delay.

The PS3 is the new player in next gen consoles, so I would expect they still had a few issues that the X360 already had

sorted. Personally, I think it says a lot about R* that they would delay a new release to make sure it's right & it's one of

the reasons I like R* games.

I think its obvious the PS3 had something to do with it but I reckon so did the 360 withthe amount of versions that has it would have been difficult to actually make it for the 360. Not really bothered why the delay happened, but its happened and I think it was for the best.

Best reply I've heard yet from several sites. Everyone is blaming each other for fanyboyism lol. It's happened, deal with it! :)

I think its obvious the PS3 had something to do with it but I reckon so did the 360 withthe amount of versions that has it would have been difficult to actually make it for the 360. Not really bothered why the delay happened, but its happened and I think it was for the best.

Yeh, the delay in all was probaly a good thing. I mean there probaly wouldn't be as much in the game if it didn't happen, they probaly thought of new things and more original ideas etc.

I love how we can get news like this and not rave on about which console is better. I heard about this article on GameFaqs, and the members there were less than enthusiastic upon reading it.

However, I seem to recall being called a fanboy a few months ago regarding my opinion about the delay.

Neither can I. We've seen screenshots, trailers, features and a lot of other stuff. But the most important thing is the game.

Quick summary:

GTA IV was supposed to be released on October 19th 2007 but was unfortunately delayed due to some difficulties, however R* could've added more new features, fixed any bugs etc. Over the months we've seen new trailers and screenshots and one day, R* announced the worldwide release date for R*'s most anticipated title ever, GTA IV. Tuesday 29th April 2008. A day that will go down in history for all to remember. People will be waiting in a long queue at their

local game shops to buy the game.

April 29th??... I was really hoping for march, truthfully. That was the general concensus in these forums, although until it is confirmed no one can be sure. Unless it has been confirmed and I simply haven't caught wind of the info. Anyways, I'm pre-ordering that little bastard. I don't want to wait in line... it'll make me crazy.

April 29th??... I was really hoping for march, truthfully. That was the general concensus in these forums, although until it is confirmed no one can be sure. Unless it has been confirmed and I simply haven't caught wind of the info. Anyways, I'm pre-ordering that little bastard. I don't want to wait in line... it'll make me crazy.

You should have looked a little harder, GTA IV's official release date is April 29th, 2008.

Thank you for the update. At least now we have an actual date to look forward to, rather than speculation. Still, it's so far away. Plus, the PS3 doesn't have very many exciting titles out right now to keep me occupied. I basically bought it to play GTAIV, as sad as that sounds.