>>GTA4 Wishlist<<

Chris

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well first of all, welcome to The Gta Place, now let's move on to your ideas. Yeah I completely agree, the AI has to be better in GTA IV and I'm sure it will. I mean it's stupid that the cops didn't bust other poeple but when you do something, oh yeah then they try to do something, really stupid, and as you mentioned, not fair, not at all. But I don't like the gas thing, I mean, yeah sure it would make things more realistic and all, but IMO it wouldn't do the game better, just more realistic, and realistic is not always better, know what I'm saying. To me it would be just too much man, so I'm not into that idea of yours. And yeah about the mansions and all, depends on how GTA IV will be like, we don't know a shit about it so I can't really say much. And about the customization, I hope there's going to be more options when it comes to your appearance in GTA IV, but we'll see about that. Oh yeah, you're not alone, It'd be great to see Tommy or any other memorable character from VC, or SA. And Lovefist, I'd love to have them back :)

Gycu, that'd be a pain in the ass man. I mean, yeah, shit the cops are after me, what I'm gonna do dammit, oh a car, it's not over, I might get thru this, and when you step in the car, the car is almost empty on gas... Shit man I can't get it to start, gulp, looks like I'm a dead man. Oh, hey cops, hehe, want a donut?

Hi guys I'm new here so i thought id give my ideas for a GTA4.

- Cops AI. Cmon.. If i walk down the street and somone is attacking me even right infront of a cop one thing is that he doesnt even help me. But if i fight back IM the one getting the cop on my tail.

We need the cops to either allow fighting back or the cops simply being after anyone who try to start a fight.

Too often in SA (cant remember about VC) i would walk the street and some other gang member starting to beat me up.

Nothing happens as long as im just taking the punches but if i even take a swing at him ill be the one the cop will go after. Thats just not fair.

-Gas.. The cars could have diffrent amount of gas so if you're unlucky and steal a old ladys car then it might almost be out of gas already making it more challenging. Ofcourse in missions you shouldnt have to worry about that if its a timecrucial mission.

-Mafia. As with VC you had that whole mafia feeling to it with your own mansion and such. I liked that idea. Hope we get to see more of that.

-Costumization. Like in SA you had CJ and could make him appear diffrently in the game. Nice touch. But no need to just have him have ONE baisc look. If taken Carl as example. He could be costumizable in many ways and as long as he is black he would still be CJ.

So I dont see why he couldnt be costumazible to a quite wide extent. As long as there isnt options for say making him a white female it would be ok. Since that would obviously mess up the whole plot with CJ's brother and all.

-Cameros.. Tommy Vercetti mentions and Rosenberg apperances were awsome. Wouldnt mind if in GTA4 you come across Tommy or Rosenberg or perhaps CJ.

This would add to the humor in the game.

-Lovefist. I loved that band.. bring that and the DegenaTron back..

Good list and it is your firs post, man and you should add speed-o-meter

OFFTOPIC-Happy 666th post GTAPlayer. :lol:

Wow GTAplayer you posted almost 700 posts and joined in february 16,I have 275+posts and I`ve joined in 31 december :)

I want a ninja sword better than Katana so that I`ll be able to cut iron/wood/plastic/unlucky peds/cops/my mom :)

Edited by Gycu

Thanks guys :)

Well the thing that anoyed me the most was defenetly the Ai on the cops when it comes to other people starting a fight with me. What am i supposed to do ?

Just stand and get beaten up untill the cop is out of sight ?

As for the gas i just think it could make it more fun if youre in some chase and your car starts going low on gas so you have to abandon it ( possibly head for a cops car then roll out of it action style)

Ofcourse this would require the cops to also be able to get low on gas.. Maybe even enable leak of gas so if you hit their tank without the gar bursting in flames they will run out of gas before your own car.. who knows..

In all i could imagine it being a bit more like NFS carbon when it comes to the car side.

When it comes to graphics i dream that it will be like that cola advertisment thats on TV in many contries my own included.

Im sure you know which im talking about. If not then youtube.com for "gta cola"

Hong Kong wouldnt be a bad idea for GTA4 id say but London.. well that could work as well.

Id like GTA4 to be a bit Postal 2 inspired.. Be able to really torment the public. Make them really fear you so they would cross the street when they see you comming down the sidewalk. Really mob style where you extort the local shops.. Yes yes i was a big VC fan.. I wish GTA4 to bring back that mafia feeling to it that SA sadly didnt really ever get..

Yeah well SA wasn't that kind of game, it had the gangsta theme and all so unfortunely it didn't have that mafia feeling and all. And yeah it sounds like a good idea about running out of gas, like in a mission and all, but you know I don't think it's going to happen, it's just not GTA, I wouldn't like that I have to think all the time how much gas it's in the car and everything, know what I'm saying. And there could be other reasons why you have to abandon your car in a mission or something, you can still include the "roll out of it in action style", which is a good idea, but there could be other reasons than running low on gas. And yeah, the graphics in that GTA cola video is amazing and personally I'd love it to have graphics like that, thanks kriss3d for telling me about it. And yeah, personally I hope for Hong Kong, it would be awesome, but London could work great too, no matter where it's going to take place in I'm sure it's going to be amazing, as I've mentioned in other posts. Better AI too, it has to have much better AI. Well there are some good ideas you know, we'll see how it's going to be like, and don't forget, the GTA IV trailer is out soon, only 13 days left. :)

Most of your ideas are good, but I've never been keen on the petrol idea. Yes it would add a bit of realism, but I'd much rather the game be less realistic and not need to worry about petrol levels. I played a few mods with petrol as an added feature, and I absolutely hated them.

Plus...I never last long enough with cars to justify buying petrol for them (same reason I don't upgrade them in SA).

Well realistic is not always a better option if you know what I mean. And I had no idea about the petrol mods, and that gave me an idea. If the PC-version will get released (hopefully in 2008), I'm sure there could be mods for it adding features to GTA IV having petrol and all that stuff. So kriss3d, I can't guarantee you'll see it in the PS3, Xbox360 versions but maybe in the PC-version. :)

My idea of a perfect GTA game would be somthing alot like VC only ofcourse way bigger. SA big..

It should defenetly have the mafia theme. It should get you the feeling of being a lowlife to begin with.. possibly some puny pickpocket skill.

Then slowly introduce you to the mafia and perform minor tasks that can be handed out to any goon such as beating up somone.. or pick up some rat while driving by.. Then to present him with concrete shoes to be put in the harbor.

Then slowly getting up to where you drive the bosses daughter around like in Gta3 and VC.

It should have a ranking system so you would gain more fear and respect from the NPC population.

The more steps to get you really feel like a made man is what was so magical about VC except the storyline was very straight.

Basicly I'd like to work my way up then have your own gang.. not like in SA where you just have 4-5 people for specific missions but really have a gang you can put on diffrent tasks. Have one drive around to collect store extortion.. another for the ho's and such. All those tasks you had to do yourself in the beginning.

Taking over territories was ok if they dont get attacked all the time.. but 4-5 people gang was a bit low. Have it 20-30 man all-in fistfight would be a blast just as an example.

All that would make it more a mafia simulator i guess but thats kinda what i personally liked about GTA VC.

Anything that gets you that feeling of being a real mafiaboss who literally OWNS the city.. In the end it would be awsome to have people step out of your way and bowing to you when walking the streets.. Also what would a mafia boss be witout crooked cops.

Once you get high enough even the cops should look the other way for most minor offences.

Just my thoughts..

BTW.. I wouldnt dream of playing GTA and such games on anything but a PC.. Consoles are for tekkenstyle games.. thats it. ( IMHO)

Which is why im also crying that Bully aka. Canis Edit Canem isnt out for PC.. yet anyway..

Edited by kriss3d

Well that's great man, then you might see a petrol mod for GTA IV someday, you never know. Anyway man, your ideas are all fine and everything, but about the gang stuff. Yeah having a much larger gang would be great, but you know something, I've said this before but if GTA IV will have online play then it would be great to have your own gangs, know what I'm saying? Just realize the possibilities with the online play. And yeah, I'm also one of those who loves VC, my top favourite GTA game, and yeah sometimes I'm dreaming that GTA IV could be like Vice City, with better graphics, bigger city and all... Oh yeah.

Alright man, well personally I really don't see a point joining gangs on forums. Anyway man, you know when you're in the car, and when you press L2 or R2 the camera angle go to left or right, well in Driv3r and Parallel Lines you have the option to decide how much you want the camera angle to go, know what I'm saying? And I think that would be cool in GTA IV, I mean, especially now when it's coming for the PS3 and Xbox 360, the controllers would be great for something like that.

Thanks man, well yeah I know it's not a big deal and everything, but I thought it could add some more realism and everything. I really liked it in Driv3r and Parallel Lines.

Edit: Especially now with the next-gen consoles, I mean the L2 and R2 buttons on the PS3 controller are much different compared to the PS2 one, so it will give a much nicer feel and everything, I'll guarantee it.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Like in Saints Row be able to call Police/Ambulance/Firefighters/Pizza/Your mom...?Use this feature if you see a crime taking place/a fire/you`re hungry.And you`ll have to stay there (the area from where you called) about 1 minute for them to come.