>>GTA4 Wishlist<<

Chris

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GTA 4 is going to be a game in itself. Rockstar are mature enough to make another game, rather than resorting to shoving SA, VC and GTAIII on one disk. I dont think people should underestimate R*. Why would they need to put their three old games in? I'm pretty sure they'll surprise us in the long run.

Nobody was expecting GTAIII to be so radially different to GTA2. Nobody was expecting SA to cover an entire state. Nobody was expecting Vice City to be so lame, yet so popular (i love it , actually). The only thing i dont really like about Vice City is the way half the buildings and textures are straight copies of GTAIII, and pasted badly (especially in the airport).

Rockstar will once again astoud us with their innovative use of new and old technology, maybe there will be support for the eye-toy, or three-dimensional holo-screens. yea okay, i'm dreaming a bit there, but 53gig on a disk is pretty amazing, so why can't we accept we don't have a clue whats ahead.

Maybe some of these ideas will go in, but we can't presume that it will be anything like the GTAIII series, it will be completely different. Hey sure, we can hope, but we'll be miles away, probably literally. In between the PC releases of Vice City and San Andreas, we've seen Media Centre PCs, 3GHz CPUs, desktops with 4gig RAM, terabyte hard drives and a Royal Wedding. You really can't expect GTA Four to be something we can imagine now, which in itself is impossible to imagine. Maybe we can hope, but really, we will be surprised.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not doubting the legitimacy of this topic, i just think many people are being naïve as to what R* have in store. Dont expect more of the same, expect something many, many times better.

I agree mostly with Xenon there. Simply put it's going to be a completely new game. With the amount of space on disc being over 5 times more it is rather pointless making it the same game. I reckon they will completely revamp the whole system, everything from graphics, to game physics, driving, improved rag-doll (fair play it was lame in SA). etc. etc.

Bombs would be pretty good - more than grenades. Imagine nuking [city] from a jet. A timer that you could set on them as well.

Would be good if the boot/trunk of cars could open and store things in. Many other games have intelligence pickups, like maps or letters. I would be surprised if we didnt see these in GTA4.

The GTAIII series changed between night and day (streetlamps, car headlights), weather (clouds, rain, shadows, lighting), different areas (countryside=no cars, downtown=cars, docks=trucks, and peds for each) and even different times of day (rush hour, busy, quiet).

GTA Four will probably expand on these, having better directional shadows that change direction as to where the sun moves, and go away when the sun is behind a building for example, as the last GTAs did to some extent; Wildlife perhaps (like the flies on R* homepage); different weather for seasons, and correspondence in street life for the weather, less pedestrians, more people getting taxis and windows closed.

If the peds reacted to their surroundings more, and took note of what would happen, that would add that extra dimension of realism. But is that what we want? Are we happy with a policeman that keeps running into a wall? Do we want the opposing gang to be gunned down by the FBI and for our character to spend a few weeks recovering in bed? Nah, probably not. But some of these things would be cool.

I hope there will be better gore. But you know, i think i heard that San Andreas was just to keep us occupied whilst GTA4 was being made? No wait, that's stupid, i hope they get something instead of packages, sprayings, oysters, etc, something really cool like when you had to kill the 10 tommy vercimelli's in driv3r.

I hope there will be better gore. But you know, i think i heard that San Andreas was just to keep us occupied whilst GTA4 was being made? No wait, that's stupid, i hope they get something instead of packages, sprayings, oysters, etc, something really cool like when you had to kill the 10 tommy vercimelli's in driv3r.

Oh yes, they worked 2+ years a game "just to keep us occupied" until GTA IV. Which isn't out for years. Like, 2007, maybe.

And I don't killing multiple copies of the same guy would be very fun. It would be kind of stupid. Maybe if we killed a bunch of Nickie Kangs or something. ^_^

I think that for the next game they will have to work on the difficulty level. Most people who will end up purchasing the gamw will be hardcore fans, and so most of them will find the game to be easy.

I know that quite a lot of people will be buying it as their first GTA game and so they may not be familiar with it, but I would like a game where it doesn't take me 2 weeks to complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Television will have to make an appearance, with it being a good focal point. Different channels, which change as the game progresses - news bulletins when bank robbed etc.

I would like to see a stronger emphasis on the politics of Grand Theft Auto. If there was a rebellion or revolution, on a much larger scale than gang wars or mafia competition, that could give the game a greater sense of being. Politics stands prominent in our lives now, and has done for a very long time. The past wars, Iraqi democratisation, elections and uprisings could all be incorporated into the game.

As regards to time setting, the ever-so-slightly future idea is probably the best, so that it corresponds with the release of the game, whenever that will be. Most artists record their music long before they release it, so R* shouldn't have a problem so long as they dont record the radio stations a year or so beforehand.

Maybe its an idea to advance the game though time properly - if new things were 'invented' or political uprisings occured, that would immerse the player in the more important aspects of life, in the game. Television stations would report or change accordingly, just as the radio stations tell you a bridge is closed/open.

If political parties could be elected, or at least change, then laws and thus behaviour would change. For example, a new party may increase the speed limit (AI cars go faster), allow beach nudism, or ban gambling. If we could take place in the selection of government or even in the uprising, rebellion, assassination of or revolution against it, then we would have a much greater level of control. However, don't expect the lousy politicians to tell the truth all the time.

Anyway, don't forget it IS just a game, so we cant expect to see the character/s filling out postal ballots, or going down to the WI hall. Well at least not for voting...

I was referring to what would be present when the game was played. Doesnt require much guesswork, as the world shouldn't change significantly in six months to a year. The game would soon be out-of-date whatever time period it was released in.

I just think that, as a player in the form of a character, i would want some influence in the world, and i would wanna know who was making all our decisions. Hell, the character could even stand as a candidate. Would be fun to be mayor/president/king/prime minister/tsar/kaiser/pope. Congratulations to papa ratzi by the way (papparazi, geddit?)...

The six months between game completion and playing (including distribution). They will have the opportunity to change things in the game up to the six month window. For example, if they had put the World Trade Centre in a game that was released afterwards, they may take the opporunity to remove it or remove it from the storyline.

He typed it clearly, I'm guessing you have reading problems.

What he meant was they could change anything about the game up until 6 months prior to release((that includes the time it takes to ship and stuff like that)). But after that 6 months they can't do anything. So he is trying to say the game will be a little outdated.

What he fails to realise is, if they decide to change something, it puts them behind schedule and that 6 month period is delayed, resulting in a delayed release.

There's a lot more work thats got to be done for GTA4 than VC or SA.

The PS3 has got to be created

Blu-Ray Disks have got to be implemented

The title, timeframe, location and content for GTA4 has to be decided

They gotta make a huuugggeee map presumably

They gotta add several lorryloads of new features

All the major GTA sites have to get hyped up, and recieve freebies

The games gotta be finished and produced

All the small GTA sites have gotta catch onto the action

THEN its distributed and released

Could take several months to play then - would be interesting.

Someone or me might have posted these wishes but you know the reasons.

Able to go to space......

Able to use a telescope.

First person shooter.

Reload button

Hold button so you would not fall off the bike or what ever

More detail and everything on weapons

Crouch and walk at the same time

Able to have a shower

A button which allows you to type things then after pressing enter,the player you are using say whatver you typed.

More accurate rotations on insane stunt thing

Submerines

Dynamite

Handcuffs