Chris

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the idea of a speedometer too

A speedometer is a MUST in GTA IV, or it would be a real disappointment.

Errr..... Maybe no one is thinking about the PC GTA IV yet? Who knows if they'll even make it?  :D

Wow, you're the first one to think of that. It is possible, but unlikely. And wouldn't it take a supercomputer to handle such a game? RSX graphic card for PC, haha.

Anyone here hates the "auto-aim" thingy in the PS2 and XBOX? I much prefer the weapon function in the PC since you have to aim manually. Maybe Sony and Microsoft (damn, I had to say Microsoft, >.< ) might invent an electronic gun for games that involve shotting? I hope so... :rolleyes:

Edited by WiseGuyEddie

electric fences

realistic swat tactics

slingshots,bows,grenade launchers

num chucs,double bladed knifes

axe,crossbar,binoculars,lockpicks

it needs weapon lock ups around the

city that you can buy and also get for free when

buying properties

paintball guns to shoot for funand if you get shoot you

will loose respect and also sex appeal for ruining your

cloths

over 600 main story missions

more 100% rewards

less glitches

blimps,wheelchairs

monster truck arena missions

thats all for now

over 600 main story missions

I love that idea... I mean, it won't take too long, right? Rockstar spent much more time creating the gameplay itself than the missions, don't they? And each mission should be much longer. I mean at least 10-15 minutes. Then it would take us like a few hundred hours of game-playing time to complete all main missions before leaving us with boredom. (I hate it when story missions end since you don't get to see other characters anymore.)

How's my idea on manual-aim anyway? Or if you dislike the electronic gun function, what should they use? (The analog stick would suck it's hard to aim)

cut down trees with your chainsaw

start big forest fires

chock people

shoot your self

get mariied

have kids

kid nap other kids and demand 1million dollars for there safe return

Another asshole who suggests for kids... And worse, get married??

Edited by WiseGuyEddie

ok im gunna state all the ideas i think are good and alot of my own k here i go

-more guns and being able to customise them with laser, scope(maybe pay a crazy amout of money for a scope that can zoom in as close as u want to anything), flashlight, baionet(the knife thing), grenade launcher etc. but you can only equip certain things to certain guns eg granade launcher to ak47 but not to a 9mm.

-many more missions not neccesarily longer though. im talking about 200 hours of gameplay just for main missions, alot i know but it should be possible easy with ps3's disc size even if blu-ray doesnt happen.

-animals of all kinds but the catch is they cant possibly die. eg if you run a horse down with a car it will just get back up no matter how many times u do it. you cant auto aim at them and if u do shoot an animal it will i dunno just make sparks like a wall does when u shoot it ^_^ that way them animal activists cant possibly sue.

wouldent it be cool if you could ride a horse in a mission and do missions for a vet and have to catch stray animals and stuff like that. have a pet that u can train to be your protector and maybe teach it tricks like maul and gore and super death grip?(just a thought).

If possible id like animals all through the game everywhere.If that cant happen just in missions and if that cant happen atleast in a zoo to look at for no reason :P

-different looking peds, over 200 if possible. but an alternative is just have 50 and they all have random clothes so it looks like they are all different.

more ped action like a group of 20 just swinging fists for no reason. then a swarm of 10 cop cars come and all hell breaks lose. even better if the peds all have weapons(fun to watch).

peds can also rob your house or sumthing, thats when a guard dog could come in handy. maybe u can buy guard dogs for houses and the bigger the house the more u need so if a big gang or a swarm of peds deciedes to ransack your mansion the dogs will kill them or atleast fend them off till their. it wouldent work is animals couldent be killed but if they could it would be an interesting feature i think

-i love the idea of blowing up a house and then watching people rebuld it over i dunno a day or two game time, maybe a week. also i think burning dow a forest and seeing people planting trees and watching them grow over a certain period of time might be a nice feature

-the ocean was so bland in SA, i think there needs to be an abundance of sea life, if we can have animals that is. but if not sunkin ships, dumped cars, skelitons, coral, submerines etc. thats under the water

ontop of the water i want oil rigs so much more ships and maybe abit more variety of ships, massive hmas blah ships which u can land planes on and explore in. like the one that u got the jet(hydra or hunter cant remember name)out of in SA and maybe sum little scattered islands.

-radio stations need to be atleast 1 hour long and about 20 of them. i also like the idea if being able to go to a cd shop and buy a cd of your choice maybe just have singles or a few songs of the majour bands of each genre because having a whole lot of albums of music on a game would be a majour waste of space considering your only going to buy the music you like.(not really a majour thing just an idea)

-goes without saying ,SPEEDOMETER

-wide range of melee weapons like: chair, car door, push bike and if enough muscle motorbike(not car though too unreal), darts, nun chucks, swords, if out of amo with a gun u can use it to hit people etc. basically anything that u could find in real life

-all or most buildings and houses enterable

-many more stores to buy weopons and food and even things to furninsh your house

-the more respect you have the more things you can do in the game like: bribe cops, hire peds to be in gang, other gangs wont dare start a fight with you, opens more missions, people just come up to you in the street and give u things.(not majour but id like it)

your gang population will rise so if u have half total respect you will have 10-15 members in an area but if you have full respect its 30 members

-you can customise your gang with clothes and guns but better ones cost more money, cars again better ones cost money, certain melee weapons etc

if you recruit too many members for the one car then they follow you in another, just imagine if you had full respect(recruit your entire gang maybe) and you had your whole gang in about 20 cars going to some other gangs teritorry and takeing them out, talk about fun!!!

if in a mission that is in your gang teritory, your gang will help you, the more respect you have the more gang help you get.

when your gang territory is under attack they can fend for themselves, as i said before the more respect you have the more gang members you have in an area, so if you have little respect most likely without your help the enemy will win but with lots of respect your gang can win easily. this factor varies with the strength and size of the opposing gang and which weapons they have and we have.

if pressured enough an enemy gang will join you, the more respect you have the more chance they will give up quicker and stay under your command

-petrol is a debateable thing because if you did have it on land transport then you would have to have it on all transport, i dont like the idea of running out or petrol in mid flight or out to sea ;) . but maybe if it took about a week to run out of fuel then it wouldent be so bad i guess

-i would like to see many more cars, plains, boats and other types of transport like submerines,limp, hot air ballon, kite boarding inland lol i dunno :P

-extreme things like paragliding, parasailing, absailing, rockclimbing etc these would be nice to do in the game or atleast missions

-skateboards, rollerblades, scooters and stuff like that would be cool, id like to just hoon around on rollerblades go over a jump and do tricks, or jump over a car. cool for missions and sub missions

-waves so can body board and surf even jetski, different weather = different swells and conditions. have different submissions and tounements involving ocean sports.

-a wide range of weather conditions particulary snow so you can ski and snowbord and such things like that, maybe mountain ranges of snow how good would that be

if its snowing its super hard to drive, when raining its slightly hard and you slip out easy, just make all weather related stuff like driving more realistic

natural disasters like a cyclone that can damage houses and lift cars and stuff, maybe a tsunami and for a day or two the ocean line is inland bye a km or sumthing, volcano, hail etc

-you can fit like 7 ppl in a car but if cops see you they chase you and a bus can hold like thirty people like your gang, if you get a taxi you can tell it to take you anywhere in the game this is a majour one because im so sick of going from island to island its a waste of time. but you can only get taxis say after you have unlocked all islands or sumthing like that.

-alot smarter AI so your gang doesnt just walk into a wall, they can climb it and so can the coppers. no where is safe not even inside a house.

-basically just more of everything that there already is

-you can buy businesses and make prophit, your gang runs these businesses and say if its a gun store buying weapons for your gang costs less and if there is a car store in that area and we buy it cars cost less same with cloths, tatoos and everything but it only works if that shop is in the gangs area

-a whole stack more houses to buy and they mostly look different and certain houses or mansions can only be purchases after doing certain missions.

-you see the main characters just on the street and you can say hello to them

-when you go to the hospital you actually go to the hospital and have to get up and walk out of the hospital, same with police station and you can call your gang to bust you out or pay bail or sumthing(just an idea not majour)

-when you get shot in the arm you have no use of that arm in the leg you limp etc. its possible for enemies to do a kill shot on you in the head but its rare. you can take cover behind any object in a shootout. when buying armour from amunation there is armour for each part of the body.

-real life things like garbage men collecting the garbage on monday morning, postmen etc

-blowing up different things have different explosion effects eg if you blow up a car it will just go 2 feet in the air and be on fire, if blow up a petrol tanker it will take out anything withing 20 metres go 100 feet in the air.

-if you set a few houses on fire in the one area it will spread and if you dont let the firemen get to it the whole town could go up in smoke, how awsome :)

-a nuclear bomb that could take down a whole street and its set on a timer so you can get out of there in time, imagine 50 cars being lifted in the air and thrown in every direction.

ok thats ill i can think of for now but im sure ill get some more ideas :D

please give me your feedback on my ideas :thumbsup:

Edited by kane-o

wow that was long. i think that burning down a forest is a bad idea, what would happen if on a mision in the badlands you had to go up against snipers there would be no cover. However burning down houses would be sort of cool as long as they get rebuilt

jet skis, definitely

scooters, stupid, R* went low enough with the bicycle anything lower by my standards is just assinine

Nice post, Kane. I like most of them, those I dislike are mainly the ones that involve animals. I don't think animals would suit into GTA.

My most desired idea is the "all buildings/houses enterable/accesible" one. That's the best suggestion I've seen on any online GTA forums by far. I also wish for no loading when you enter a building, it might take a huge disc space but blu-ray should be able to support that.

I also like the idea of more/infinite variety of pedestrians, where they spawn in random clothes of random colors instead of having to spawn the whole person.

As for property, check out Refugee's idea in his topic "Property/real estate". It's all explained in there.

SA had around 105 main story missions. I'd like it to range around 500-1000. But obviously, the more, the better.

Well, currently, I'm just hoping for Sony to change the PS3 control, I don't mind the design, but I want more buttons/analog sticks for more controls. (I hope you get this already, Spaz. Just check out LCS on the PSP, they're lacking controls and that's sucky.) And yes, the auto-aim function still sucks. I want something else. Like an electronic gun.

Edited by WiseGuyEddie

God damn you fuckin' idiot. The DualShock controllers do not need more buttons. It would be more hassle than help. It would turn into a big bulky controller like the Xbox controllers. Which suck, mind you. The PSP doesn't have the room for more controls, and has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PS3 DIPSHIT. It also uses them just well for the games. The current DualShock has just enough to controll GTA, anymore would get confusing, irritating, or just be an all out hassle.

Please quit saying things like kids, marriage, pets, taking care of your house, etc. This isn't the fuckin' Sims for Christ's sake.

scooters, stupid, R* went low enough with the bicycle anything lower by my standards is just assinine

Are you calling the bikes low? I quite enjoyed them. And I still use them when I play. I found them very fun and useful.

Damn, man, you gotta relax a bit. Actually, the DualShock controller didn't have enough buttons for GTA:SA, the had to replace "Horn" with "Hydraulics lock" (L3) and "Hydraulics" with "Camera angle" (Right stick).

Hey, I'm not asking for a dozen more buttons. Maybe an extra pair, one under the D-Pad and another under "X" or something, or an added shoulder button. Also, the DualShock controllers were still considered "small", the Xbox ones weren't anywhere closed to bulky, they just had those sticks positioned stupidly. Unless you're speaking for a 10-year-old with small palms.

And try to post peacefully... Spaz. ^_^

Edited by WiseGuyEddie

Damn, man, you gotta relax a bit. Actually, the DualShock controller didn't have enough buttons for GTA:SA, the had to replace "Horn" with "Hydraulics lock" (L3) and "Hydraulics" with "Camera angle" (Right stick).

Hey, I'm not asking for a dozen more buttons. Maybe an extra pair, one under the D-Pad and another under "X" or something, or an added shoulder button. Also, the DualShock controllers were still considered "small", the Xbox ones weren't anywhere closed to bulky, they just had those sticks positioned stupidly. Unless you're speaking for a 10-year-old with small palms.

And try to post peacefully... Spaz.  ^_^

You fuckin' brought the shit up. You directly called me out. Don't expect me to sit there and say, "Ok, you win."

They had to replace a few controls, big deal. Not enough reason to add more. Especially in ways you suggest which would make it unfomfortable and hard to hold.

The Xbox controller isn't bulky? Ha. That's a funny statement. It's pretty freakin' bulky. It's way harder to play with than the PS2 controller. The only thing they need to change about the DS3 is that ugly boomerang design.

first id like to see a few missions focused on sniping, i think they shoulds make it more realistic with breath control etc

and id also like to see katana and uzi doubled up, circle to slash katana, when locked on L1 to shoot uzi

Edited by 888ball

just a few of my own and a few ideas for already mentioned ones.

i would like to see the lead character stay american.

i want to see mall and airports return, i missed them this time, and also it would be kind of cool to be able to go into the hospitals.

buskers on the sidewalk, you know people playing music or dancing for money, it would be cool to walk by them and hear them play and you could tip them or rob them for easy cash, i heard someone say that about hobo's, that would be cool too and you could see them in the gutter with a bottle of wine in a paper bag and a shoping cart.

i would like to see the rooftops be more developed, houses in this one were better but big buildings and skyscrapers, some of them have a flat roof thats grey and its so stupid, maybe a ledge or somethig, then you could crouch down behind it and snipe......and also about sniping maybe you could get down on your chest and snipe or crawl threw grass.

animals is a bit controversial and i see the reason why but someone said what if you cant kill them...period.thats a great idea i think but then only a few animals not a goddam zoo.my list would be horses on a farm or wild ones running threw the woods,cats under cars or on walls, people walking dogs or straws eating out of trash cans, and birds singing, someone said a pig farm like in snatch, thats cool.

it would be cool if you could move dead bodies in your car and take them to the pig farm and/or burn it in a fire with others.

and maybe police on horses and on bycicles

sleep, also controversial but what if it is used to pass time and while doing so gain a small amount of health, not all.... a bit. passing time for times like when the game says ''come back between the times of 09:00a.m and 21:00p.m''.that just pisses me right off

i saw a big discussion on music and buying it.well on the xbox you could put in your cd's and create your own radio station, and i used it on VC and LC, but that was because it had its memory built in and not a memory card so your putting the songs on the xbox, and im not sure about the ps3 situation, and i hated walking around with no music so in order to kill two birds with one stone........Ipods, give him an Ipod and have a radio built in but the only problem with that is that you would miss the great story lines on the radio stations. and they are good, im a fan of wctr and kchat and if i wasn't listening to that i was listening to my Itunes, so get the Ipod as a present later on in the game, it makes sense to me, maybe im wrong tho.

people have been saying skateboards and surf boards and so on, well your kinda naming other games now aren't you. i dont think surf boards are needed but whatever floats your boat. and being able to do tricks, not to sure but it is a cool idea so maybe instead long boards, purely for transport and if they do snow mountains, snowboards no tricks tho, if your looking to skate a giant city check out THAW, there borrowing san andreas technology.

and onto the size, i want it to be huge and have amazing graphics.i want it to be all new so screw going to LC, VC and SA, that takes up space,

right thats it,

feel free to reply or criticis.

:) peace out...

You fuckin' brought the shit up. You directly called me out. Don't expect me to sit there and say, "Ok, you win."

They had to replace a few controls, big deal. Not enough reason to add more. Especially in ways you suggest which would make it unfomfortable and hard to hold.

The Xbox controller isn't bulky? Ha. That's a funny statement. It's pretty freakin' bulky. It's way harder to play with than the PS2 controller. The only thing they need to change about the DS3 is that ugly boomerang design.

Do you have tiny palms, or are mine overgrown? Whatever, anyway, you win. (There you go :) ) And if turns out your way, the gameplay controls wouldn't change, then. Wouldn't that be dumb? (I hope we're debating and not fighting)

Du truth, nice list. But I still hate the ideas of animals.

Oh... I almost forgot. The auto-aim function still sucks.

Oh... I almost forgot. The auto-aim function still sucks.

Why? You don't have a mouse, so you need auto-aim. The game would be a bitch without the auto aim.

sleep, also controversial but what if it is used to pass time and while doing so gain a small amount of health, not all.... a bit. passing time for times like when the game says ''come back between the times of 09:00a.m and 21:00p.m''.that just pisses me right off

It's called saving the game. Passes about 6 hours game time, I do believe.

Why? You don't have a mouse, so you need auto-aim. The game would be a bitch without the auto aim.

I didn't suggest for the analog stick. I just hated the fact that we weren't the ones doing the aiming.

yeah i kno about that but i was just thinkin, it is a bit stupid how some people want the game to be so real,like as if there gonna buy a game where there a lawyer with a wife and kids.that would be bent.

Wasn't that what you suggested?

I didn't suggest for the analog stick. I just hated the fact that we weren't the ones doing the aiming.

yeah i kno about that but i was just thinkin, it is a bit stupid how some people want the game to be so real,like as if there gonna buy a game where there a lawyer with a wife and kids.that would be bent.

Wasn't that what you suggested?

Here's an idea. Auto aim, and slightly move one of the joysticks. HOLY T3H FLYING COW SHIT! YOU'RE AIMING YOURSELF NOW! WHAT A CONCEPT!

Right. But having hot air balloons and surfboards aren't "over-realistic", are they? Cos I like them to be in the game.

Spaz, maybe they could include a mouse for the PS3? Wait, that's stupid, Sony's not gonna do that for just one game. But I really prefer to do the aiming myself, like in the PC version. Electronic gun? I'm not sure about you people, but I like it. (Weird sarcasm there, especially with those capital letters) :mellow:

Edited by WiseGuyEddie