>>GTA4 Wishlist<<

Chris

I'd always wanted to post this but kept forgetting and fortunately today I finally remembered. This is regarding the cities and settings for the oncoming GTAs on PS3.

I need some comment on my post too, these are merely MY OPINIONS.....

Alright I NEVER played GTA on PS1 (yeah, what a shame), but I heard that there were London, SA and VC.

This is what I think: The GTA4 Trilogy would include London, LCS, VC, SA and perhaps a couple of new cities.

Reason is that PS1's GTA1 trilogies had those cities, so did PS2's GTA3. The difference is that the game is immensely expanded, both in size and detail. So GTA4 on the PS3 would probably do the same.

What do you guys think? Or has this been posted before? I haven't been on the internet much these few months.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are very old suggestions, but the likelihood of Rockstar completely repeating all their past cities is very slim. They have already announced that the next GTA game will be completley new, featuring a brand new storyline and characters and game engine and everything. London appears to be the favourite, but some other contenders are emerging strong...

Didn't know they made announcements. How sad, for me. I'm going to miss the characters and San Andreas. I was hoping to one day see a good game version of L.A/L.S in the GTA series.

Aw well, things change. Thanks anyway, Zino.

• 2 weeks later...

i think some new features should be :

1.) ALOT more weapons, in ammunation there shouldnt be weapons on the wall that you cant use.

2.) Alot more cars, and actualy get a license to use real car brands and names so there can be more muscle cars, exotic cars and import cars and also luxury and commercial vehicles.

3.) a more seriouse car customizing system that is more important and useful in the game.

4.) a sick plot that involves street racing, hot girls and weapons.

5.) a feature to make friends that are always willing to drive around with you and shootand stuff.

6.) a more interactive pedestrian system.

7.) Take place in a good year maybe year 2005 or somthing so there can be good music "blink 182, senses fail, story of the year, alkaline trio, avenged sevenfold, ect."

8.) more stealthy tactics, stealthy missions, and more missions that take place in buildings.

9.) i can go on forever and ever. so ill just stop here lol and post more later :lolbounce:

Agree:

There should definitely be more weapons, more car customization, if people want this storyline to take place in the 70's.. forget 10 second cars and nitro.

I would like to see better arcade games avaiable in the random stores. They should do something more creative with the hidden packages (oysters, horseshoes, sprays), they made a good effort to step up from the "hidden packages" AND when you collect all these hidden items you should have a much better reward for it. I would like to have better reason to complete the game 100% than finding horse shoes and oysters.

Disagree:

NO BLINK, I agree with the more modern music idea.. but the bands you listed... yuck. Plus that is a very general subject, you're just talking about rock music.. not even all the types.

You don't need more friends that can drive around and shoot with you because that's what your gang members are for.

What I want to see:

Skateboards should be introduced as well as skiing and snowboarding. Since Rockstar calls their game a "Chasing Game" they could have a lot of fun with chasing someone down a mountain with skiis or a snowboard... SKIMOBILE. **Think of a full sized mountain on a next gen console with 30 different trails for skiing and snowboarding. What else, ah yes surfing! They should just add all those extreme sports. They made a good push with the bmx and mountain bike. Jet skiis would be awesome(think wave race missions). **Oh yeah, and with seasons changing you can't ski in the summer.

I would like to see a more destructible environment

I would like to see the seasons change, Yes SNOW FALL. They would be awesome to introduce snow fall with also bringing winter sports to the game.

Big new feature.. Such as the tiger woods/ godfather feature you should be able to fully customize your character's look. This would take away the possibility of having different nationalities because they will obviously pick someone black, caucasian, mexican to fill the role... someone with a mexican accent and the name Cortez should not look chinese. Anyway You should have more say than just what hair cut and body type the main character has. It was good from a certain stand point in san andreas, but rockstar always improves their games.

Music- You could do DDR, Donkey Konga style game play with the dancing feature but they should allow the player to play an instrument now.. drums, guitar.

Something BIG: There are many books written with various outcomes... (see page 32 to take the door on the left, see page 38 to take the door on the right). With some missions in GTA 4 your actions should have consequences, like in pokemon right from the get go you had to choose which pokemon you want. Well it's the same idea but it opens up more room for a person to play GTA 4 up to 5 or 6 times and the story line would be different. Wouldn't that be the best game investment?

More pedestrian models. I would like to see no pedestrian looking the same. They could achieve this by simply adding subtracting clothing, switching facial features.. etc.

MORE SPORTS: San Andreas added basketball, what about baseball, football, and soccer. The game would be more popular internationally, hypothetically speaking, if this game were euro based.. it should have more soccer, am I right?

Anyone agree? You have to agree on the winter sports part!

The rhino should have more armor

And the BIGGEST THING:

MULTIPLAYER:

If Sony keeps bragging about its improved multiplayer system then GTA should be able to connect to atleast one other client. This way, the two players may roam without invisible walls. I also could go on with multiplayer ideas but i have homework, talk to you later.

The rhino has the ultimate armor, the only thing that makes it explode is catching fire, which I believe it supposingly overheats the engine and boom. I like the idea on more sports, peds should also play some sports, to add life into the game.

The idea of multiple storyline paths is, to me, dumb. I'll prefer GTA to go on with one storyline per game.

Customizing your characters in detail with haircuts, tatoos, clothings, etc. would be great. But NOT his looks, eyes, lips, skin color, NO. His natural looks shouldn't be fixed, except for muscle and fat.

I'm surprised you got one of my high-desired wishes. The random pedestrian one. If pedestrians would spawn in random faces, height, size, clothes (separate torso, pants), instead of spawning the whole human character, we're going to see an infinite number of different-looking peds.

howza bout when caught by pc plod you shud go to a prison section? think bout it u have 2 go around doing errands until ur the boss.

or you could risk an escape attempt...

There were jailbreaks in Soldier of Fortune II and Postal 2 (and in AA). I must say that I liked those. I'd like to see that when you get busted you spawn in the jail and then you have to escape. That would be hell of a fun!

One thing i thought of i don't think i typed in was interactive animals. Why not have pigeons in the middle of the road? squirrels dart into the middle of the road. Why not be able to have a dog or cat in your safe house? Ken Rosenberg is allowed to have a talking parrot called tony monatana, why not me?

• 2 weeks later...

i think the next gta should have snow so when your in a police chase they slide in a ditch or something. more realistic feel of driving too.

also you can distroy the city buildings with cars trucks or rocket launcher. a loan shark would be cool an if u didn't pay him back you'd have his thugs after you till you payed him back the longer he has to wait the bigger the weapon's his thugs bring.

if you had a rocket launcher an shot the road it would leave a hole in the ground and if a car tire hit it the car would stop an the person in the front seat would fly through the window onto the ground.

robbing local corner store's would be cool again. it would be a realy cool game if they based it on Vancouver B.C. or another city in canada.

i think that you should be able to wear gold rings more tatoo's more bling bling more item's to steal when you go on a burglery mission and any time of the day for robbing houses. plus if they had stuff on there lawn or in there shed you could steal it. or if people would have safe boxes or vault's in rich houses with 50000 dollar's in it.

new shop for custom color paint job's like need for speed 2 plus more detail to do with the engine for the car's performance. and it tell's you the hourse power of all car's exc. drag races and pink slips or cash

better hats would be cool an jersey's and tint on your window's stereo in your car with big subwoofer's.

Sorry if you think this is long but it is fun to read and has alot of good ideas. This is a real wishlist and i got alot of the ideas from other posts because it is fun to read them all :lolbounce:

- that would be sick if there were like islands really really far out that take 10 minutes to fly to and an aircraft carrier or a cruise way out ! i mean like really far out in the ocean!!!. i think that would be so frolicking sick!!!! :clapping: Maybe on one of the cruis ships way out in the ocean there can be more missions.

- in car driver view where u see the dashboard and steering wheel, kind of like twisted metal 1, they had that view.

- snow mobiles, go karts, jet skis, those new things you see at brookstone that have two wheels next to eachother and you stand on it (LOLOLOL) i cant really explain it so you either know what im talking about or you dont. Also a helicopter you can put a car in the back of so you can transport it easier. o yeh and Snow Plows and tractors and ATV's with little plows also and then a snow shovel can add a weapon for the game

- more Stealth, i want that so bad i just really wish the game had more stealth, with scilenced riffles and tactics, even ghullie suits or tacticle clothing for night.

- cool unique missions like fist fighting a large group of people in the trailer of a moving 18 wheeler truck and a SICK car chase.

- mods for guns like flashlights , silencers, lasers, maybe even a grenade launcher or scopes

- cars the dont disapear so much and so often so you dont have to go in a building without worrying you car is gone.

- snow/rain/hail/sleet/icy roads/sand storms. Also puddles after rain.

-more sound effects like backround car noises and wind when your in a city or in the middle of a forest.(i think this is a really important one) more cool sounds would be echoes of the gun shots and explosions to make it seem more realistic. When you blow up a gas station there is a huge mushroom cloud and a really loud explosions.

- realistic car damage like if you hit a car infront of you your bumper dont fall off but get scratched and/or chipped.

- a bright environment with alot of colorful lights and busy streets full of cars. Even neon lights under cars and in the windows of buildings to add a more colorful environment, this makes the game more fun i cant explain it but it just does.

- ski mask to use whenever you want just for fun instead of just using it in burglary missions.

- news crew on the side of the street as well as in helicopter. and you hear about yourself on the news killing people and stuff.

my mind is blank right now ill get more wishes as i play gta SA tommorow, bye

- that would be sick if there were like islands really really far out that take 10 minutes to fly to and an aircraft carrier or a cruise way out ! i mean like really far out in the ocean!!!. i think that would be so frolicking sick!!!! :clapping: Maybe on one of the cruis ships way out in the ocean there can be more missions.
yes this would be pretty cool. i hope this is included
- in car driver view where u see the dashboard and steering wheel, kind of like twisted metal 1, they had that view.
this is another i'd always hoped for
- cool unique missions like fist fighting a large group of people in the trailer of a moving 18 wheeler truck and a SICK car chase.
yeah, cuz the current gta games' missions are kinda lame
- mods for guns like flashlights , silencers, lasers, maybe even a grenade launcher or scopes
mmm, kinda pointless. i'd say this would be last on my list
- cars the dont disapear so much and so often so you dont have to go in a building without worrying you car is gone.
well, i think they disappear cuz the memory doesnt remember there was a car there or something like that. but the PS3 will have more memory so this might happen
- snow/rain/hail/sleet/icy roads/sand storms. Also puddles after rain.
yeah, puddles and wet roads like in true crime 2 would be good. and so would the snow they promised for LCS
busy streets full of cars.
yes, they need to do a better job of crowded cities. i cant believe they tried to call liberty city new york, and los santos LA, those cities are way more crowded in real life!
- ski mask to use whenever you want just for fun instead of just using it in burglary missions.
i pictured in SA you could buy one but you cant. you should be able to buy one for shootings and rampages and stuff.
- news crew on the side of the street as well as in helicopter. and you hear about yourself on the news killing people and stuff.
yeah, the GTA games have news stations and it'd be tight to hear about yourself on them

I just want more animals gosh darnit, I want annoying squirrels and random cats roaming the streets. I want caged in dogs. Maybe an animal shelter. Then i want to have pets in the safe house. And maybe the animal could follow you and you can take it on missions. Like a rotweiler, have it do missions with you such as attacking someone to intimidate them. I don't know.

i thought of some more really good ideas

- first off i like the animal idea i think that is a really really good idea to have a pet that is there for you. and you can see people walking there dogs in the morning and stuff (SICK)

- i thought it would be really helpful to climb ladders, there are sooo many ladders in the other games that i wanted to climb but i couldnt.

- there should be a place like "Zero's" where there is car, plane, helicopter, and boat remote controle vehicles. and you can either buy them for your own fun or have to go there for missions like getting a remote controle car with a video camra on it and spying on somone and following them without it getting seen. Stuff like that is so fun its crazy.

- you should be able to buy nightvision, infered goggles instead of fidning them.

- a new weapon can be those tear gas launchers the Riot gaurds have and you should also be able to get a gasmask.

- i cant stress it enough but the traffic, they need regulated speed limits like some streets they can go slow and highway they should FLY! and they should stop on a dime when you walk infront of 1 on the highway. Also traffic shouldnt change lanes every 4 seconds because this ensures 100% that your car will be hit if you go on the highways. This also means there should me speed-o-meters since that cars should obey speed limits.

- somtiems in san andreas cops went for other random people, in this they should get stars also so you might see a S.W.A.T. team at the local bank one day or a high speed helicopter chase pass by the intersection when you are parked at a pizza place. it would be cool. Also they need to bring back the undercover cop cars and instead of making them come when you stars you should also see them even when you have no stars and they should pull you over.

- i dont know if its a good idea but if you get 1 star they should just pull you over and give u a ticket and if you drive away or pull out a weapon or kill somone you should get 2 stars. maybe there should be more than 6 stars or have 6 stars but make them raise by halfs.

- more interactive pedestrians for example they can be playing basketball , or they can make a go-kart track where people are driving around. people should have more of a life then driving and walking around all day. when you drive up the street you should see telephone companies repairing wires in the telephone poles.

(i dont know if i am making this sound to much like the ps3 can handel it or not lol)

if you ever played need for speed most wanted the cops in that are really really really really smart. they tell you to pull over on the intercom, they actualy avoid traffic and turn when you do. cops should be smarter and better. Also you should be able to purchase a cop radio/radar detector. then you can hear what the cops are talking about and see if they find any suspects and also with the rader you can just tell if one is close by or not. they can put the rader detector next to the map or somthing.

this is all the ideas i have, im a huge GTA fan and i always play and think of new ideas so im sure ill have about 894750293845345 more by the time the game comes out!

That would by SIck if rockstar actualy went into this forum and took ideas from peoples wishlists. people have such good ideas i think with everyone working together on ideas this game can be an orgasmic experience. :worship::thumbsup:

Rockstar definitely toned down the cop AI for san andreas, and they also UPed the car hit points from the other GTAs. In GTA III I swear your car you hit a speed bump and it would be smoking.

The speed idea:

In GTA, there are highways where cars drive much faster. AND about the speed LIMIT idea, I absolutely hated mafia for that reason. I like the fact that since the maps are getting bigger and bigger, that you can zip right down a main road about approx. 80 mph and atleast make it to the other side of the island in 2 minutes.

no with the speed limit idea i mean the traffic has to go that limit , you can go however fast you want! but the "law"(laughs) says to go a certain limit. keep traffic flowing. i was biking faster than cars on the highway. CJ should be in a world record for fastest biker. lol

i got more ideas while i was pooping :innocent: small ideas...

- in the pay n spray have people able to pick the color they want instead of only doing that at transfender.

- Steam Roller would just be so SICK

- you should get your own car , sweet gets his own car, why cant we have one that Always spawns, even if you blow it up.

- if you hold a gun to a pedestrians head they pee there pants somtimes :coolthumbup:

- smarter AI, somtiems in san andreas when you shoot randomly all the cars would start speeding up and like ram into buildings and other cars. Weird.

(i dont know if i am making this sound to much like the ps3 can handel it or not lol)

50 gigabytes. I don't think that should be a problem.

Rockstar definitely toned down the cop AI for san andreas

Not really, they only made it easier to get away by reducing the cops/FBI's vehicle acceleration. It was crazy surviving 5 stars in Vice City. But they did take away the spike strips, though.

smarter AI, somtiems in san andreas when you shoot randomly all the cars would start speeding up and like ram into buildings and other cars.

That's what I would do if it happens to me in real life. Panic, drive, escape the scene and survive, even if it means wrecking the car.

i thought it would be really helpful to climb ladders, there are sooo many ladders in the other games that i wanted to climb but i couldnt.

I don't know why the desire for this isn't high, it's something I've been strongly hoping for. At least someone's with me. ^_^

i always play and think of new ideas so im sure ill have about 894750293845345 more by the time the game comes out!

That's too many for the PlayStation 10.

Edited by EddTehPwner

i got some more small ideas!!! man i dream of this game so much during school, i love gta its the best...me and my friend got some free periods so we go to his house and just play GTA somtimes, its great!

- i wish you can make convertable cars roofs go up and down.

- some more cars and trucks like moving trucks(big for putting cars inside, if you wanna steal 2 or 3 cars at once for import export of somthing). or an RV that you can go in the back of like the Journey but more interactive. Also some more sport cars.

- they should makea way to make cars not apear so much when your in one. if i get in a cheetah, then i wanna be the only one with that sexy car. but somreason when i get in one :( i feel like im one out of 2 billion. since at the red light there was 5 more cheetahs. my point is, whatever car your in, you are lickly to see that car more often as your in it. they should make different cars have different rarness. like if you see 5 ferraries at a red light, somthing is wrong there. that car must not be expensive enough. to make a long ass story short, FIX IT :lolbounce:

- call people on your cell phone to help with some missions. that means you can make friends, idk how you can make friends but im sure there can be a way lol. its basicaly a more reliable gang {friends}

- more missions ideas. Missions where you have to break into a large office building and go to a computer with a group of people and hack into it and there is a little bar that goes down as your character hacks away and when the bar completes it means he is done. Also other missions would be protect your team/gang/friends as they are robbing a small bank. you should have to sit up on a rooftop and pick off cops as they come. then you should get 5 stars and go in the back of a hummer(patriot) and get a machine gun and shoot cops as they try and arrest you or kill you.

- more poeple should fit in vans and pick up trucks should be able to hold people in the back of them.

I got more ideas and i think they are really sick.

- you should be able to have people drive you around so you can do the drive-bys and stuff. instead of you doing all the driving. and all you have to do is put somthing on the map in the start menu and they drive to that location. Also if you can do driv-bys with more guns, maybe all of the guns. other friends or gang members driving you places can be very helpful and fun. You should

- you should also be able to stick out of a moon-roof and get a 360 degree view were u can then get more freedom on were to shoot when you drive-by.

- snow has to be in the game. when you drive by houses there are snowmen :lolbounce: and snow plows are around plowing the streets , creating ramps on the corners. just as a joke idk if im even seriouse or not but you can make snowballs :coolthumbup: lol. and when it snows the traffic can be less populated and alot of people have shovels. Also there should be a windy sound to make it sound cold out and you need to wear a jacket or you will caugh and/or sneeze. and this can cause you to lose stealth in some missions. weather should be important in thew game. And snow can be really fun and make the game so realistic. cars can fishtail on the main roads. some cars are unstealable because they are snowed in.

- i think i commented about this before but it is just so important and alot of people will think its "bad" and stupid but a real gamer would know this is amazing. There needs to be backround sounds that are always being played. Ambeince is a key factor. nothing makes a city without police sirens, horns, wind, helicopters and loud car engines in the distance. on the beach you might hear waves, seaguls and other insects by tall grass. When it snows you hear that unique wind in your ear that makes it feel cold outside.

Weapons should echo through the streets. when you fire a gun it shouldnt snound like a little "crackle" it should sound really awsome and powerful. when your in the country, gun sounds echo more because the sound bounces off mountains. In the desert there is more flat land so it echos less. In city alley ways the echo of the gun should be insanly loud and attract more attention.

-

idk if it should be like this or not but the game should react to the time on the PS3. so if its 5:30 at night in the winter it will be getting to be nighttime and people will be coming home from work and if its 5:30 in the summer people will be outside BBq'ing and biking and the sun will be shining. i dont know if thats good or not. it would be interesting to play with real time duration. maybe even a selection in the beggining.......GTA time or realistc time. :clapping:

There should be a cool underwater road that is made of glass so its cool when you drive through it you see all fish and stuff under the water.

an underwater vehicle...submarine possably. possably a 1 person submarine like the vortex.

a huuuuuuuuge country area with a giatn forest and animals and insects and lightning bugs and fog in it. possably some ranches in the middle of it and its very dark in it unless you have some sort of lighting.

more sniper riffles. alot more...PSG-1, SVD Dragonuv, Barett M82, Lr 96, M24, M40 and be able to put lasers, scopes, silencers and bipods on them. i love snipers and sniping should be a big part of the game. infact, you should have to be a sniper for one of the bosses and take out certain people as a hitman for some missions :thumbsup:

You generally have good ideas.

As you said, ambience is a key factor, definitely. The feel of the place changes the mood of the player. That's what's different and unique about GTA, compared to True Crime and Getaway.

One thing though, don't double post, I can tell that you didn't mean to but, try not to.