>>GTA4 Wishlist<<

Chris

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would really like to see some online play w/ exbox live && PS3 online... and make it kind of like everyquest...like their are actualy mobs and gangs and cartells ran by people playing the game and when you jack a car that person can retaliate....and maybe even a human police force in the game to make it a little more fun...and challenging

I would like it to have:

The player would be superman with all his abilities(even flying and superstrength) & does not get killed by explosions or bullets or bombs or missiles(invincible to everything and anything).

Wrestling instead of just kicking and punching (& swiming)

Levels where we wrestle.

Cutting trees with chainsaws.

iding horses.

adding Jurassic Park to the game with dinosaurs with their abilities(all types cause i am a fan of the 3 movies).

Severe weather(tornadoes,hurricanes,earthquakes,etc.).

Sharks that attack you if you are near them but do not kill you (because you are going to be superman).

Space ships(Human-made and alien made),the ability of getting out of the earth & visiting other planets (& even the sun!!) & all other features (which i really like & wish that Rockstar adds them as well as mine).

Also when you get into any spaceship,the player changes into an astronaut & can get out of the spaceship & land on any planet the real features of planets like moons,mountains,great red spot (with the ability of pulling but does not hurt) are featured in the game.

If rockstar added any of these features that have been posted by me & others,they would give credit to people with the chosen ideas by adding the name & the feature.

That's one problem Rockstar have. Because you can do so much in their games, people want to be able to do everything.

As soon as you can change clothes, people want to design their own.

As soon as you can drive, people want to be able to fly planes.

As soon as you can fly planes, people want to be able to fly helis.

As soon as you can earn a bit of money, people want jobs.

As soon as you can buy a house, people want to live in it.

As soon as you get a massive playing area, people want the entire universe.

Having the entire Earth, and several other planets is just completely unrealistic, and would completely undermine what the game is about. In space all you could do is fly to places, and maybe walk on a planets surface, can't jack any cars or shoot people - oh let me guess, you want space-based missions, right?

I mean space would be fun, and it is in many games, but just not GTA. If you want space, buy a space game. GTA is not space, and should never be space. HOWEVER visiting the moon or some small place high in the sky (but not another planet or in space) would be alright. Space vehicles would be pretty cool, especially if there was the big launch pad and exclusion zone and everything. Just so long as you can't hop into a spaceship and land on a planet within two minutes, that would be boring. If it was realistic, then sure, why not.

The superman Idea is alright, but many people would say what is the point if you can't die and just fly everywhere. It's like when you get the Hydra and Jetpack in San Andreas, and you just never walk anywhere again, spoils it a bit. The whole point of most of the game is staying alive, and the whole point of it being Grand Theft Auto is that you drive a lot. Never dying and flyingwould be boring really - infiltrating a military base you'd just fly in, ignore everyone else, maybe shoot one of the guards, and complete the mission in about two minutes. Boring.

Wrestling is alright, just NOT WWF style wrestling. I think the ability to fight properly instead of wildly throwing punches would be good. As for missions, only a training mission early on, but perhaps some missions would have parts where you can't use a gun (ie sneaking into a house) and you have to use either a knife or hand-to-hand combat.

Chopping down trees is good, more environment interactivity is what we're all hoping for. In SA you could run trees/lamposts over, and make tyre marks in the ground, but not much else. Digging, chopping, picking up and setting fire to stuff is all good.

Severe weather would be great, but perhaps annoying if you're trying to complete a mission and you get picked up by a tornado and dumped somewhere over the sea. So long as missions had their own weather instructions, then severe weather is a definite yes. Having it interact with the environment more (picking up cars, trees and people) and laying snow would be the best.

One other thing I'd like to see would be rivers - in San Andreas almost all the water is on one level, and the rivers are all fake. There is no flowing water or trickling streams, and I think there should be. Same goes for the Dam, there should be turbines spewing out water high up. There should be puddles when it rains, and the rivers should get higher and occasionally flood. That's be alright I think.

As for Jurassic Park, I don't think animals are gonna make it into the game - it's too risky, remember how they deliberately removed the sex scenes (yeah okay they got found, R* won't make that mistake again). If animals do get in, Dinosaurs are a bit.. unrealistic. If animals were in I'd prefer to see dogs in the street with their owners, cats in the alleys fighting, deer in the woods, sheep and cows in the fields and horses you can ride - pretty basic stuff. Riding horses would be cool (it is in Gun), but you don't tend to see Dinosaurs much these days, and if they were on their own secret undiscovered island far away.. well thats just copying.

All in all some good suggestions, but a few I don't think are very GTA, and should be in different games.

That's one problem Rockstar have. Because you can do so much in their games, people want to be able to do everything.

As soon as you can change clothes, people want to design their own.

As soon as you can drive, people want to be able to fly planes.

As soon as you can fly planes, people want to be able to fly helis.

As soon as you can earn a bit of money, people want jobs.

As soon as you can buy a house, people want to live in it.

As soon as you get a massive playing area, people want the entire universe.

True true...

Having the entire Earth, and several other planets is just completely unrealistic, and would completely undermine what the game is about. In space all you could do is fly to places, and maybe walk on a planets surface, can't jack any cars or shoot people - oh let me guess, you want space-based missions, right?

Star Wars: Empire at War

The superman Idea is alright, but many people would say what is the point if you can't die and just fly everywhere. It's like when you get the Hydra and Jetpack in San Andreas, and you just never walk anywhere again, spoils it a bit. The whole point of most of the game is staying alive, and the whole point of it being Grand Theft Auto is that you drive a lot. Never dying and flyingwould be boring really - infiltrating a military base you'd just fly in, ignore everyone else, maybe shoot one of the guards, and complete the mission in about two minutes. Boring.

I really don't know who would wish to be a superman and be able to fly. For me, GTA gets intense when you get stuck somewhere, surrounded by the enemies, and you have to break throgh and survive. Unfortunately, many people forget the word auto in Grand Theft Auto.

Chopping down trees is good, more environment interactivity is what we're all hoping for. In SA you could run trees/lamposts over, and make tyre marks in the ground, but not much else. Digging, chopping, picking up and setting fire to stuff is all good.

Hopefully, GTA will get closer to HL2 with it's new engine. I'm talking about Half-Life 2 as an example of a good enviromental interactivity. And that Gravity Gun was awesome with that improved physics engine.

Wrestling is alright, just NOT WWF style wrestling. I think the ability to fight properly instead of wildly throwing punches would be good. As for missions, only a training mission early on, but perhaps some missions would have parts where you can't use a gun (ie sneaking into a house) and you have to use either a knife or hand-to-hand combat.

Why not? We had kick-boxing, boxing and martial arts.

One other thing I'd like to see would be rivers - in San Andreas almost all the water is on one level, and the rivers are all fake. There is no flowing water or trickling streams, and I think there should be. Same goes for the Dam, there should be turbines spewing out water high up. There should be puddles when it rains, and the rivers should get higher and occasionally flood. That's be alright I think.

Again, that would require an improved engine. And FX effects in SA were very poor. And map layout (nature) should really have many rivers, not just a few that you can't tell is it a lake, a sea, or a river. River has flowing water, it doesn't always stay in the same place.

I've been thinking as I was playing GTA since GTA:III. I was driving around using my imagination as I have completed all the missions and such. I pulled into a gas station and pretended to fill up. It then struck me that a few additions would really make this game interesting. Some of these may have been suggested as I have not read all 51 pages.

1) I think it would be a great idea to have cars run on a limited amount of fuel. When you steal a car, it would have a random amount of gas. Perhaps the driver was on the way to the station and it is nearly out of gas. Or, it could have been recently filled up and it's on F. This would add the need to fill up your vehicles on long missions or the ones you store in your garage. Gas stations would be scattered around the map and you would pull in and the "mission red area" would engage and you would fill the tank to full, and then you would have the option to pay the amount you owe. You could, of course, try to drive away without paying but as a result you would have one or two stars added.

2) In addition to this, vehicles with more gas would have a greater explosion and would be heavier. You could have the abililty to puncture the gas tank if you were shooting at the vehicle, and gas could slowly leak out. If you are in a police chase, you might run out of gas, forcing you on foot or quickly to the gas station.

I think adding realism to the next GTA would make it a lot more fun and at the same time more challenging. Adding limited fuel and gas stations could open up a deeper spectrum to the game.

Perhaps the higher performance vehicles could require racing fuel or higher octane fuel where you can only get them in select areas.

There are so many things you can do with this feature.

And this could also apply to aircraft, boats, motorcycles, etc.

To sum it all up, I would: add limited fuel, add gas stations, add physics to the vehicles relation to gas, and add stealing of gas.

^ Although I do understand where you're coming from, having a limited amount of fuel for vehicles would be more 'frustrating' than 'challenging'.

Remember the mission ('Dildo Dodo') in which you have to fly all over Vice City in a Skimmer with a limited amount of fuel? Remember the mission ('Supply Lines') in which you have to fly all over San Fierro with an RC Baron with a limited amount of fuel?

Those that do will probably remember having to do those missions several, if not dozens of times, before finally completing them. In fact, 'Supply Lines' is still my least favourite GTA mission EVER (Closely followed by the first Zero mission, 'Air Raid'), which is why I NEVER want to have to keep an eye on a 'fuel bar' whilst playing a GTA game, ESPECIALLY if I'm just cruising around the city/state.

Remember, there is such a thing as a game being too realistic.

Those fuel supplys were xtremely unrealistic. The fuel supply in real life is much greater, you could go miles without filling up on gas. the only reason u wud have to go fill up is if you were driving the same car over and over again..kind of like eating, you dont hav eto eat 3 meals a day in San andreas, more like 1 big meal every 5 days..

I see what you mean about the frustration. But I would have it so you don't have to fuel up so quickly. I definitely agree that fuel supply should last longer, and I think if they would have a large supply, it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Instead of a "fuel bar", they could incorporate a fuel gauge into a working dashboard of a car or plane, etc. This way you won't have to keep your eye on it ALL the time. And perhaps if you are running low, a fuel bar will appear on screen.

I would say a sports car that gets 15-20 MPG should last at least 3-4 days on a tank... with a good amount of driving.

Oh, and that's another thing. I think it would be interesting to incorporate odometers to vehicles. This way you can see how long you've had a certain car. Perhaps an older car that you steal will have nearly 100K miles on it, or a sports car you steal in a parking lot has 5K on it. I think it would be interesting to add that feature.

I would like to see:

Realistic Car Damage.

Ability to cut cars In half with chainsaw.

Create your own character.

1,000 players online on the same server (multiplayer).

Property Development.

More ways of making money.

A fun fair!

A school.

Children in the game.

people in wheelchairs and crutches after you beat them up.

Downloadable content.

Connectivity with PSP.

More Fighting Styles.

Improved pedestrian AI.

Ability to hire a chauffeur (driver).

Deeper Vehicle Customisation.

Scuba Diving Gear.

Choose a part-time or full-time job, doing various tasks.

Buildings Collapse.

Cars rust and deteriorate, and affects performance.

Ability to break limbs by falling.

Longer storyline.

Ability to enter every house.

Pick up objects (chairs, bottles, stones)

Ability to flash car headlights.

Fuel Gauge and ability to fill car up again

Hunt animals

More Diversity of cars (e.g three wheeled van)

Online Gaming with Moderators as police!

.: Can't Think Of Anymore yet! :.

I would like to see:

Realistic Car Damage.

Ability to cut cars In half with chainsaw.

Create your own character.

1,000 players online on the same server (multiplayer).

Property Development.

More ways of making money.

A fun fair!

A school.

Children in the game.

people in wheelchairs and crutches after you beat them up.

Downloadable content.

Connectivity with PSP.

More Fighting Styles.

Improved pedestrian AI.

Ability to hire a chauffeur (driver).

Deeper Vehicle Customisation.

Scuba Diving Gear.

Choose a part-time or full-time job, doing various tasks.

Buildings Collapse.

Cars rust and deteriorate, and affects performance.

Ability to break limbs by falling.

Longer storyline.

Ability to enter every house.

Pick up objects (chairs, bottles, stones)

Ability to flash car headlights.

Fuel Gauge and ability to fill car up again

Hunt animals

More Diversity of cars (e.g three wheeled van)

Online Gaming with Moderators as police!

.: Can't Think Of Anymore yet! :.

Correction: This is my GTAIV wishlist.

Except for the cars rusting and being able to flash your headlights. What's that all about? I mean, I suppose if they had better AI for NPCs, flashing your headlights could be fun since pedestrians would react to it.

About that headlights, I want the headlights that actually work, not just some kind of a funky effect. When you're in a tunnel, the lights get turned on, but you can't see shit in front of you. The whole screen is black!

They should correct that. And, oh yeah, fog lights should work. Although you have a fog lights fix mod. :mellow:

I would like a more roleplaying- stylish game. You know, you can talk to certain people, and make contacts.

Later, when you get more influence and respect in the criminal world, you would be able to start your own crime- gang (or join an allready existing one of course)

You can search up those people you made contact with and ask them to join your gang. They join if you have treated them with respect, helped them and so on, if you've been bad against them, they wont join you, then they might even try to kill you.

And if you are uncareful when you kill people, you get wanted by the police. Not like the earlier with stars, but for a longer time. You would have to stay more hidden in the backalleys, maybe change look often, dont draw too much attention to yourself. You know, just keep a low profile. It might take some gamedays untill the cops stop hunting you.

But if they catch you, they arrest you and bring you to jail, and depending on many things, the courtjudges give you different penalties. It might depend on: How powerfull you are in the criminal and the legal world (= how many witnesess who dare show up). If you where cought during a crime. How big wantedlevel you got at the time. how good lawyers you got and more things like that.

If you are just a "street rat" who've killed 20 people and gets cought, you are going to get a very hard penalty. If you are a rich crimeboss with an expensive lawyer, maybe even with legal businesses at the side you get a ligher penalty, maybe just a big fine.

BUT if you are a "nobody" you have to go to prison. And do you time (3-30 gamedays for example)

You can get new contacts there (convicts and guards), do trading with drugs and stuff, and make yoursself a name even in the prisonworld.

And there will be different ways out of the prison. you can of course do your hole time and get out as a free man. But you can also try to escape. There will be different ways of escaping, wich way you choose depends on wich way you find. And you have to plan it well, check the guards patrol routs and that kind of things.

If you escape you will have a hell outside the walls for a couple of days though. But if you stay hidden the cops will cool down eventually.

Wow, that was a long post :P

but this is some of the things I would like to have in GTA4.

And also many other things. Create your own character, gasstations, bigger map with bigger differenses (Like hot Miami wheater, or even deserts, in the south. And colder, changing climate, with mountains, in the north)

OK, now i wont write anything more or it might take too long to read. But i have A LOT of other ideas. (Maybe I should mail Rockstar about these features, how big is the chances that they think they are good?)

I might be back with more ideas later :thumbsup:

And one more thing :P

when you create you character you can choose wich nationality he will be. Like american, mexican, japanese, chinese, italian/sicilian, russian, and maybe some other nationalities too.

But to get to the real point. Lets say you choose to be a russian man, then you wont have a chance to get into the sicilian maffia for example.

You have to be of sicilian blood to enter Cosa Nostra. And you cant just enter it, You got to have made contacts with a member, maybe helped him, and shown yourself worthy, then you have to go trough the initiation ceremony, and after that you have become a mafioso.

Every gang of course isn't as strict about nationality as the maffia, and some gangs isn't that hard to join. Bigger gangs = harder time getting into it.

With this system the replay value could be far bigger then now :D I am so smart!!!

The difference between your roleplaying idea and the current GTA games, is that GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are much more of a free-for-all. There aren't many recurring characters, and you can still kill these characters, fail the mission, and they reappear five minutes later.

If the game is like you suggest, any decision you make could affect things later on in the game. If you kill the head of a gang, even accidentally, that gang could turn against you forever, and the head of the gang would never come back.

I suppose its not that bad an idea, since there are (for example) an endless amount of Ballas, OGF members and cops in SA. Without an endless supply, you actually could kill everybody and everything.It could be fun, it would be more realistic, but its much more dangerous.

one of the things i would like to see in gta4 is, when you blow up a car, it would stay there untill you drug it off, or the city would send towtrucks out, but how many times ive blown up like 50 cars, and when you turn around your pile of cars is gone, thats annoying.

i would also like to see more interaction with the enviroment, like having animals for hunting ( like big game hunters) inside the game, or the ability to grow pot in your backyard, and actually care for the plants(like in high-grow)

and also, more like real life, if you launce a rocket at a house, it doesnt bouce off, i wish the house would burn down, then you could clear away the debis and manually build a new house (ala the sims) or the game would build it back on its own, or you could burn the whole city down, and just go nuts killing and looting.

and i think in the new game, they should include the cheat codes with the game, because cheating is fun :clapping::thumbsup::D

My things I always wanted were:

Helicopters That Can Hold Cars

Cars that can hold cars

Planes that can hold cars

Skydiving school and skydiving with a fee for freeplay

Trucking missions

Easy car builder

Easy map editor

Advanced Car Builder

Advanced Map Editor

:thumbsup: COMMERCIAL BOEING 747 WHICH YOU CAN WALK AROUND IN DURING THE FLIGHT AND HI-JACK THE PLANE DURING A FLIGHT AND HAVE BOEING MISSIONS TO TRANSPORT PEOPLE!!! :thumbsup:

Feel free to post your thoughts about these ideas!

I have enjoyed all the GTA games and they are getting better and better, But everytime i find a really nice car that i want to keep, it usually only lasts about a 10mins and then its onto the next car. It would be good to some how keep your car for longer instead if u go into a shop and come out and its gone, also what would be good, would be to use ur boot in the car to put objects in like basketball or guns or whatever you can think off.

Ive also read about children and animals and stuff, I really dont think that R* can put them in the game one it would be banned immediatly for cruelty and all that other crap you hear in the papers, two it has no relivence to the game apart from a nice realistic feature. But you do get some weird people who would like to go into a school and start poping caps in teachers assess and that kind of stuff will come back to haunt R* if they put that in the game.

^ See - this guy knows what he's talking about.

I agree, I think things you do should be a bit more permenant - if you leave a car somewhere it should stay there (for a couple of days) or get stolen, not just disappear. If you dig a hole or chop down a tree or blow up a building (or whatever GTA4 lets you do) it should stay for longer.

Yeah there really is no point to having children in the game - wild animals such as deer maybe, and horses could be fun to ride but thats 'Gun' not GTAIV. It's a gimmik and just isn't worth the hassle it would cause. I can hear it now "It's a game where you have to kill children and babies and be evil because you're the devil". Great.

I don't think I've agreed with anybody for a while :P congrats

Yeah if you leave your car somewhere...

1. If it's a rough neighbourhood then within 24 hours it's likely to either be stolen (you see them joyriding round the block, stereo up loud as fuck, windows down etc.) or being vandalised, windows smashed etc.

2. In a deserted area, it's there for weeks and gradually becomes decrepit and rusted and stuff.

3. In a random street, could be there for a couple of days or so, maybe a week, the police could tow it away and take it to an impound.

That would be nice.

Better AI in the road department too is desperately needed.

What happens if there's a car stopped in the middle of the road... all the peds drive their cars into the back of it and go flying. They should stop, get out and maybe push it out the way then drive on.

On another note.. I'd like to see peds actually setting fire to things when there're riots, not just rooves randomly burning.

More ped crimes such as burglary, pickpocketing/bagsnatches, murders etc (although probably not rapists). The cops should be seen to be responding to this.

I agree, it would be funny to come out of your safe house and find your car on bricks with no wheels if your in a ruff neighbour hood.. haha comedy!! , Police AI is already good But could be improved on, i hated it when your turning a corner and a squad car clips you when its their fault, you have a star after you before you no it your very nice car is ruiend in a high speed get away! At the moment i play Vice City and i still love it even no the bigger and better San Andreas has by far replaced it, I say bring back the sunny, side of GTA, Miami or Long Beach CA, or a NewYork high dence city, i love just roaming about the cities in flashy cars and stopping at Traffic lights seeing the sights or takling freeways, maybe they could add more play for gamers who like that sort of stuff.

Ok maysound silly, but in GTA ive noticed a couple of car washes? do they work? if not lets see them working, when it rains in the country side and you drive over a puddle and your car gets dirty why not go to the garage and fill up the tank and give the car a nice clean! sounds silly but its a nice feature for those players who like realisim.