>>GTA4 Wishlist<<

Chris

There's alot of people saying the game should be more realistic. I disagree. I think the game should be just like an action movie with cars exploding and people flying back 5 feet when they get shot. Also there should'nt be things that only happen in a few missions, like the beach party in SA and the big ship guarded by all the gang members. Also I would like it if there were gang stars which would be like cop stars only they'd tell what gang is after you. Like if the Ballas were after you you'd have 1-6 purple stars.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's alot of people saying the game should be more realistic. I disagree. I think the game should be just like an action movie with cars exploding and people flying back 5 feet when they get shot. Also there should'nt be things that only happen in a few missions, like the beach party in SA and the big ship guarded by all the gang members. Also I would like it if there were gang stars which would be like cop stars only they'd tell what gang is after you. Like if the Ballas were after you you'd have 1-6 purple stars.

i hate the realistic thing but the gang stars is a good idea. there should be like gang heat and police heat meters. like stars and guns or something. but instead of 1-6 of one color stars cuz gangs wont get more than shooting at you. but there should be a different color for every gang (like in godfather) and its either just there when there mad at you and flashing when there REALLY mad at you. and if there not mad at you it should go away. and you should become rivals or frends and see if there your frends in the pause menu. and if they hate you they shoot you and if they like you they talk to you.

Believe me, fuel will PISS YOU OUT SO MUCH THAT YOU'D SAY TO R* F**K YOU!!!!!

I want=

-Girlfriends, but they can follow you and shoot people. Like do crimes with you. And not piss you off so f***ing much, like having to go out every night to keep them happy.

-Being able to rape people on the streets.

-Being able to take over Liberty City eg:

Not wanted. You get to make new laws like

People can't drive LC cabs or the police will jack them off and take the cab to the crusher.

RANDOM THING - Some random car will drive next to you and 2 girls psuh you in.

-Being able to Kidnap certain people

-Be able to hire prostitoutes

-Kids, not for killing, but kids are FUN! I am a kid. And if you did kill a kid (ingame) the ambulance would come and it would take like 10 seconds less to make them alive. Plus a reason to put the Mr. Whopee into the game. Kids with guns sounds a bit random bmon

-Theres much more,

but that's all I can think of right now

I'll be back with more

Edited by Samiam2

Yeah, liked your ideas tminus.

Thanks! It is a labor of love.

About the cheats for all vehicles:

They should have the cheat "givemea***vehiclename***", like for example:

GIVEMEACHEETAH and then the Cheetah spawns. EVERY vehicle should be obtainable this way.

Definately for PC, which isn't that difficult because you type for cheats, but on consoles this is a little more complicated.

The "Cars can float on water" cheat should be brought back.

I agree! I love this cheat, even more so in LCS. I have a glitch I am working on which involves this cheat in LCS and it has never been so helpful. Cars Float on Water and Improved Traction + L3 Car Hop are a wonderful combination. If I can ever get my capture setup fixed I will post the LCS glitch. It has been described by a few as "the LCS glitch I have been waiting for." Sorry to be cryptic, but it is just so cool I have to wait until I have the whole presentation package complete (instructions, video and map.)

And a cheat to freeze the time. And then the sun thing shouldn't continue with it's cyclus like the always midnight" cheat in SA.

Right, either a time stopped cheat during the daytime without the weather aspect, or your idea for freeze time, which I like better.

And there should be some porgram in your program files which allows you to mod vehicles.

I have been thinking about this one for a while. Few developers publicly support modding, and I forsee a big change in this respect sometime in the future. Instead of just ignoring this, they should be capitalizing on it. Using the internet for PCs and consoles, they should develop simple apps to allow this that we download via the internet, Xbox Live etc. I see a whole line of apps that work with different games, like one that allows you to mod your character's clothing in various games or other relatively irrelevant and astetic aspects of games. For GTA, there should be inexpensive apps that allow us to mod cars, clothing, assets. In many games doing so would just change the look without affecting gameplay or giving the player an advantage. This is virtually an untapped market and I bet we will see something like this in the near future. Of course for PC it is not so radical, but for consoles, having mod apps for sale would be a big deal!

I've just taken a look at Saints Row and it has pretty much everything I could ask for in a GTA game. I think GTA4 has some competition now, they'll probably start adding in more requested features to compete.

It has many impressive features like character creation, vehicle customization, multiplayer, executive functions like running your own empire and a denser layout with more content per block than GTA, but a smaller map than San Andreas. GTA certainly needs to be richer in many ways to continue pushing the envelope, but I am not sure you can really compare it to Saint's Row as a whole. Saint's Row will take selective aspects of GTA and make it better, but SR will not have aircraft, boats or motorcycles. Although, I believe all 80 vehicles it does have are customizable

If we are talking about GTA competitors (I hate using 'competitors' because every developer should emulate certain universal aspects of GTA like non-linear free roam design,) then Just Cause should also to be mentioned. The map for it is over 250,000 acres (23 times the size of San Andreas) with over 300 cities,capital cities, towns and villages. It has 89 vehicle types and over a 100 vehicles including jet skis, underwater craft, motorcycles, multiple jets, parachutes, helicopters etc. The demo launches for 360 and PC next week so we will find out real soon if this deserves to be compared to GTA! It is coming out for PS2, 360, PC and Xbox simultaneously, this first game to do that I think (probably wrong, but you have to admit that is impressive.) It should be exciting either way to see what kinds of mods it spawns on PC. I feel there is going to be a need for a lockable free-aim mod! Damn auto-target!

Edited by tminus

wow just cause looks cool but it looks to olden and barrio type. and lol i dont like that jumping from car to car thing. but i hope gta4 looks better is funner and cooler and has better ideas and better physics and gameplay than that game or any game. so rockstar should try there hardest.

oh and what your saying kp and cj man is dashboard. but then theyl have to make really really good interiors and player models, especially hands.

wow just cause looks cool but it looks to olden and barrio type. and lol i dont like that jumping from car to car thing. but i hope gta4 looks better is funner and cooler and has better ideas and better physics and gameplay than that game or any game. so rockstar should try there hardest.

oh and what your saying kp and cj man is dashboard. but then theyl have to make really really good interiors and player models, especially hands.

Im sure a company like Rockstar could achieve this, because I played a rally game that had this view and you could see the guy, the guy stearing (Although this wasn't accurate) and him changing gears, and it looked pretty cool, and this game was made in 2001!

Allow the player to open a bank account and allow him/her to store up to $999,999,999 so that money can be used to pay the mortgage and the bills for the house(s) where your wife/husband and your family live when you're out doing your criminal deeds.

thats stupid, if ppl dont want anymore girlfriends y the hell would they want to pay th morgage or for the family? what is this The Sims?! <_<

lol well i want to have totally 3d txds. like no more spray on things. pockets should be 3d so should shirt wrinkles and also everything on a car and in hair and environment.

Fully rendered models... Yes! But this is a big hurtle for all of gaming. Basically, it boils down to hardware. Faster processors and more memory. R* however believes in graphics over gameplay. I am an artist, so fully rendered models is a big deal, but in terms of GTA not so much. The time it takes to do this detracts from the quality and volume of the games content. Spending more time on each model would cause other area of the game to lack. This would also tie up the systems resources, fully rendered= bigger files, and bigger files take up more memory. This will always be a big issue for developers, because hardware will always get faster and have increased storage. So they have to balance budget, time, graphical quality, content size and hardware limitations accordingly.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about the future of game modding on consoles is commercial apps and I found this today:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060818/cifaldi_04.shtml

It is Digimask's face rendering technology, and it is an app for Xbox 360 (an official app, not a hack/mod) that allows you to put your face on the character's of supported games. My rule in effect again... if you have thought of it, there are others or have and one of them has already done it! It is cool though, it means the future for consoles is modding apps like this one. It will support two games on the 360 to start but they haven't mentioned which games. I just hope GTA4 will be one of them!

Edited by tminus

thats stupid, if ppl dont want anymore girlfriends y the hell would they want to pay th morgage or for the family? what is this The Sims?! <_<

\Ya, but just a backacount, so that cops can't rob you and get interest sounds kidda cool. Then you also must have a few different backs all around gta 4.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about the future of game modding on consoles is commercial apps and I found this today:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060818/cifaldi_04.shtml

It is Digimask's face rendering technology, and it is an app for Xbox 360 (an official app, not a hack/mod) that allows you to put your face on the character's of supported games. My rule in effect again... if you have thought of it, there are others or have and one of them has already done it! It is cool though, it means the future for consoles is modding apps like this one. It will support two games on the 360 to start but they haven't mentioned which games. I just hope GTA4 will be one of them!

holy crap! that would be so cool! i want that on gta, ive been wanting to put my face in the game since gta3 (and then th underground did it really bad and now YAY!!! i hope its on ps3 and gta4) yeah, okay to a different subject, i want to be able to fly REALLLLY high and the atmosphere will be realistic (clouds sky sun wind sound animations physics) and then jump out of the plane and have the same effect but better then on just cause and have better animations (dont like the just cause animations) and you should be able to jump while on foot and jump UPwards and not do that gta long jump style wierd looking jump kick thing and you should also be able to press square again to make your player start going into a dive (goes farther but slower recovery) and you should be able to rotate you guy a little bit side ways and alot forward and back, and also to have some fun you could go to a high building and either jump off and sortof go into a ragdoll euphoria freefall, or dive off and stay stable untill you hit the ground and you go into pieces.

- a draw bridge

- snow

- bigger unique jumps

- more vehicles

- ability to escape from the cops without police bribes

- other cops join you on police missions

- different kinds of police missions such as fbi, army, swat and dea

- better off-road trails with mud

- more hidden missions tht dont show up on the map like the bitchin dogfood missions in gta3

- tanks with tracks instead of wheels and dont blow up cars on contact, also when the army comes after you they fire the cannon

- based on boston

- bigger map

- multiplayer (online and split screen)

- being able to carry around multiple vehicles on the packer

- packer side missions

- body guard side missions

- being able to get drunk like in the phil cassidy mission in vice city

- the slo-mo pill works while driving

- fireman suit so you cant catch on fire

- being able to take hostages

- maybe a mission where you get sent to jail and you have to figure out how to escape

- a rocket car/dragster

- more weapons like a weed whacker

- special vehicles that release tacs or a oil slick behind it so you can escape from cops

- be able to climb ladders

Edited by tdog07029

Snow

Being able to turn a car into a limousine, suv's etc.

Ships way out at sea

An actual BIGFOOT, UFO's, Sea creatures

AI aircraft

Ragdoll physics

More realistic Car damage

Planes break apart after being hit by missle

Police use undercover cop cars

Military attacks you with hunter at six *'s

Keeping your weapons at home if you die

Real estate

Bigger Storms

Bigger Cities

Subways, Trains, Monorails

Bigger "Area 51" Harder to get into

Cops use spike strips

More Enterable buildings

- a car museum that has all the most famous cars like the dukes of hazzard, 007, mad max and the bat mobile

- thicker woods

- snowmobiles, skis, and special dirtbikes with spiked tires also a luge course

- you see peds in the woods for a hike or skiing on the trails

- more of an rpg like zelda, you talk to a ped they giv u useful info or certain peds giv u missions

- a house out in the woods like in texas chainsaw and psychos kill you if your around at night

- there are days of the week and certain things happen on each day

- movie theaters/ drive-ins that show your last unique jump

- a mission where youre disguised as a cop during a huge irish hoodlum riot

- a huge sloped building with a jump at the bottom and a fast car at the top