Xbox 360 Gets Superior Version of GTAIV CONFIRMED!

BillSMG

OMG! OMG!!! OMG!!!!

The answer to the question everyone is asking has been answered!

I guess I dont have to worry about which version I should pre-order.

Theres no way someone can read this entire article and not know the truth. It looks like Xbox 360 version will be FAR superior to the PS3 version. There's a ton of evidence in this article. And you'll love the part about "silencing the complaints of Sony fans."

MEGA-FREAKING-TON!!!!!!!!

Here's the linkage:

http://techspyblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/gt...n-superior.html

The fact that the PS3 isn't getting downloadable episodes has been known for months.

And the rest of that article was just a fanboy being opinionated and old news. Of course developing for the PS3 will take some getting used to with so many cores, plus the bottleneck of 256mb of RAM...IMO the PS3 isn't a waste of time but it certainly hasn't succeeded like the PS2 did...then again the PS2 had equally shitty hardware but a great lineup of exclusive games, something the PS3 doesn't have.

Microsoft stole Sony's dominance by getting rights to great games, exclusive games, and an expansive online service. But this is all besides the point.

TL;DR: We've known this for months.

Rockstar Games (1/24/08): "They're Both Identical."

The only difference will be downloadable content, and I really don't see how you can say it'll be superior due to it. We don't know what that will even be. If the 360's extra content is a few side missions then I wouldn't consider it superior. Now if it was extra story-line missions....

The Xbox 360 version of GTA IV is not superior to the PS3 version, the only difference is that the downloadable content will be on the 360 and not on the PS3. That article is just pointing out the faults of the PS3, it doesen't show how the 360 version is superior to the PS3 one. The screenshots were taken from a 360 you say?

That's why some of them were bad quality. They're both identical apart from the fact that they look different. If there was actually anything different apart from the downloadable content, they're both the same.

If there's any difference it would be the lower res textures on the PS3 version.

For a game like GTA IV the 360 has better hardware I think (RAM.. GTA has uses loads of textures).

Sony should have stuck an extra RAM chip (doesn't use modules if I'm not mistaken) into it's PS3. It isn't that expensive at all.

If there's any difference it would be the lower res textures on the PS3 version.

For a game like GTA IV the 360 has better hardware I think (RAM.. GTA has uses loads of textures).

Sony should have stuck an extra RAM chip (doesn't use modules if I'm not mistaken) into it's PS3. It isn't that expensive at all.

Wait a second, wouldn't the textures be better on the PS3 version? Since every PS3 has a hard drive, and not all 360's do (doesn't this allow Rockstar to cache shits on the PS3 version). So in the end, wouldn't the 360 version get pop-up textures while the PS3 one is much more smooth?

I honestly don't know, but from what I've heard this was the case.

Wait a second, wouldn't the textures be better on the PS3 version? Since every PS3 has a hard drive, and not all 360's do (doesn't this allow Rockstar to cache shits on the PS3 version). So in the end, wouldn't the 360 version get pop-up textures while the PS3 one is much more smooth?

I honestly don't know, but from what I've heard this was the case.

dont forget that PS3 have an 3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE & 7 SPEs

GPU NVIDIA-SCEI "RSX"

Media Blu-ray Disc

DVD

Compact Disc

Super Audio CD (20 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB models)

System storage 2.5" SATA hard drive

(20 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, or 80 GB included)

:lolbounce:

Bullsh*t. Did anybody see the screenshots? incase here: http://bp0.blogger.com/_dTO7_Eys85U/R5f_2u...94933034132.jpg

These are not GTA IV Screenshots!! Fake, Fake and again FAKE! it is obvious one picture has been taken from the Television and the other was a screenshot with better graphics. The other Screenshots are also fake. Evidence? My a$$.

PS. PS3 owns XBOX 360

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

If

No, a hard drive cache is used as a buffer to speed up reading/writing to the hard drive. Besides, even if textures were stored in the hard drive's cache, today's hard drive caches are only 8-32 mb and GTA uses A LOT more than that for textures at one time.

GPU NVIDIA-SCEI "RSX"

Media Blu-ray Disc

DVD

Compact Disc

Did you just copy and paste the specifications from somewhere?

The Cell processor does have several cores but it difficult to program a game to make use of even 2 to you'll not see any advantage of the PS3 having more cores.

If

No, a hard drive cache is used as a buffer to speed up reading/writing to the hard drive. Besides, even if textures were stored in the hard drive's cache, today's hard drive caches are only 8-32 mb and GTA uses A LOT more than that for textures at one time.

GPU NVIDIA-SCEI "RSX"

Media Blu-ray Disc

DVD

Compact Disc

Did you just copy and paste the specifications from somewhere?

The Cell processor does have several cores but it difficult to program a game to make use of even 2 to you'll not see any advantage of the PS3 having more cores.

Oh, I thought I heard that a while ago. Oh well, I still doubt they'll be any different. And no, the PS3 doesn't have "better graphic." Its the same on both.

Please you guys quit with the fanboyism! They are both great systems, with their flaws. The 360 version maybe somewhat superior because of the downloadable content. Other than that, both versions are identical. Though it maybe possible for the PS3 version to have some short comings due to the fact that it had a bit of a rough time during production. I have complete faith in Rockstar, I think that both versions will reach the same standard. I am personally getting the 360 version because I have a 360. If I had both systems I would get the 360 version still due to the downloadable content. If the PS3 versions had the content, I would buy a PS3 to get it. Too me it's to get the full experience.

I am think of getting a PS3 though, it has some cool stuff. Not really more or better games, but I still want one for some reason.

P.S. I think this is gonna get locked soon, so good luck with that.

Why do you people seperate yourselves by which console you bought? :bashhead: I think you need to do this to feel better about your purchase, and if that's so, then I feel sorry for you. Everyone of us is waiting to play this great game in April, so respect that the guy on the other console is just as much a fan as yourself. Unless your getting payed by Sony or Microsoft, you should be happy the game exsist at all, cause it it was only on 360 everybody would buy one, and that the same for PS3. Good wishes to all, and please try to enjoy the game on April 29th, instead of thinking about what the other console is doing.

-Peace-

Why do you people seperate yourselves by which console you bought? :bashhead: I think you need to do this to feel better about your purchase, and if that's so, then I feel sorry for you. Everyone of us is waiting to play this great game in April, so respect that the guy on the other console is just as much a fan as yourself. Unless your getting payed by Sony or Microsoft, you should be happy the game exsist at all, cause it it was only on 360 everybody would buy one, and that the same for PS3. Good wishes to all, and please try to enjoy the game on April 29th, instead of thinking about what the other console is doing.

-Peace-

That's it man. They are trying to justify their purchase, and reasure themsleves. Me as a 360 owner, I'm willing to admit that the PS3 is a better system, when I see it. You see I don't see a single difference graphically or otherwise. That's why I don't understand the fanboyism. They are both great systems that have awsome graphics and an overall a good next-gen experience. So please chill out guys, atleast for the sake of the guy who does'nt have either. I'm sure with the fanboyism he a bit confused on which to buy. The only crappy system is the Wii, and I'm being a fanboy here, that's just the truth.

-Peace-

That's it man. They are trying to justify their purchase, and reasure themsleves. Me as a 360 owner, I'm willing to admit that the PS3 is a better system, when I see it. You see I don't see a single difference graphically or otherwise. That's why I don't understand the fanboyism. They are both great systems that have awsome graphics and an overall a good next-gen experience. So please chill out guys, atleast for the sake of the guy who does'nt have either. I'm sure with the fanboyism he a bit confused on which to buy. The only crappy system is the Wii, and I'm being a fanboy here, that's just the truth.

i am very sorry but the wii is better than both ps3 and 360!

i have ps3 and am a sony addict but the wii is a truly innovative console and if GTAIV were to come out on the wii i would by one and get GTAIV on that

i have no prejudices against any particular console, i just dont like microsoft coming in and trying to take over the world, which is why i dont like/have a 360

Before I ask, why does everyone say that GTA IV will be the best on Xbox 360? And then you say it's gonna good on the PS3? I mean, read this. It's been said that "They're Both Identical."

I really hate it when idiot have to go around and tell that Xbox 360 users will receive more than the PS3 users. Why can't anyone friggin' get it in their head that everything is gonna be the same?

To prevent even more fanboyism, I'm gonna lock this topic. There wasn't really any need of it at all.