do you think GTA IV will be better then San Andreas?

It depends entirely on opinion, most people, think San Andreas is the best so far and the best game ever ( I would agree) due the massvice improvements over Vice City, such as climbing over walls, more aircraft, new vehicles, precision aim with every weapon and of course, Swimming, which many people thought the inability to swim in III and Vice City was bad, the environment and car handling was definetely better in San Andreas.

When it comes to graphics, it is entirely from perspective, Some thought the graphics in San Andreas sucked (I wouldn't agree, I thought they were great) because of constant orange colours, the weather is great though, I personally thought the graphics were fine, But I personally think that Vice City and Liberty City Stories had better graphics, Vice city may have been blurry for some but were good, and LCS's graphics, are amazing on the PSP, I have not played the PS2 version, I have owned the PSP version for 2 years now and it would not feel right to switch to PS2.

The graphics in GTA IV, seem to get mixed views, most people think they look great, I do aswell, the great brilliant graphics are not surprising, since the game is on next gen consoles, but might not be on PC (let's hope it comes out for PC) while many people do think the IV graphics are bad, but not everyone cares about graphics, it's mostly about gameplay, as long as they are good, we don't want it to look like pixel city.

Gameplay, between SA and IV, is different, San Andreas has nearly every feature everyone wanted, and after San Andreas, you are likely to have high expectations for the next games, Player's views of IV were sometimes swayed when Rockstar announced that features from San Andreas and other previous GTA title's such as Flyable Airplanes, a country and desert landmark and Pay N spray's will not return, I find the "no planes" part disappointing, Rockstar say there will be no planes to make it more realistic, which is weird, though it is possible that R* are removing planes from IV just incase they remind people of the September 11,2001 incident.

IV is still not out, so I don't know what to decide, even if it is actually better in someway, despite old features being absent, San Andreas will not immediately lose it's popularity with fans of the Series.

Edited by Vice City Godfather

I agree with VCG. It's depending on how you see it.

People who love big maps would possibly dislike the fact that the map of IV will be smaller, but that is compensated for with a lot more interiors then SA ever had.

People who hated all the socializing stuff like dancing, dating, changing clothes etc would like the fact that in IV the character will focus more on climbing the crime ladder rather then go to a club etc.

And people who hated the detail in the cars for SA would like the fact that in IV there will be CAR BRANDS (yeyah!) and other details for the cars and bikes.

Shut the fuck up!
Nice attitude. <_<

In my opinion, there’s no way GTA IV can be better than San Andreas, because:

1) It’s not available for PC, so I won’t be buying it.

Rockstar has lost my respect, because not only did they lie when the Hot Coffee mini-game was discovered, but they also decided never to release any more PC games. There hasn’t been a new PC release from Rockstar since June 7, 2005.

I have since switched loyalties to companies like Activision and Ubisoft, which still respect PC Gamers such as myself.

I am highly anticipating the release of Assassin’s Creed in March, and Call of Duty 4 is a phenomenal game.

As for GTA IV, who cares!! I surely don’t. I hope it goes down in flames for Rockstar, as they do not respect PC Gamers.

For the Gamers themselves (everyone who's buying the game), I hope it's an enjoyable game for you; I surely won't know.

As for fellow gamers, I respect anyone who plays on any platform, even when it comes to GTA IV. I respect all gamers, just not Rockstar. Everyone has their preference, I respect yours, and you respect mine.

2) There are no fixed-wing aircraft in GTA IV, only rotary-wing aircraft.

Helicopters are boring, but all of the fixed-winged aircraft that were available in San Andreas really made it a great game!

3) There’s no swimming allowed in GTA IV.

That means no easy earlier 4-Star excursions like there is in San Andreas. Trying to get into locked-off areas early is really going to be hard, if not impossible. Going into 4-Star areas in San Andreas is one of the funest aspects in the game, but making it too hard to attempt is just taking the fun out of the game; then again, maybe there won’t be any locked-off areas at the beginning of the game, in which case, what a shame, because I like 4-Star areas.

Please read below for the update, as I was incorrect :whistle:, he can swim, but may not be able to dive below water.

4) There are no country or rural areas in GTA IV.

The country and rural settings in San Andreas really made the game unique, because all other games that I have played have always been city environments. San Andreas finally did away with that concept, and now GTA IV is going back to it, what a shame.

Edited by zmoonchild

Cough*

Why the hell would you turn against Rockstar just because they aren't releasing their titles onto PC? It's not even confirmed yet whether IV will be ported onto the PC why the heck are you coming to conclusions before hand? So do you hate every single company that doesn't release games you like onto PC?

Countryside..Well, if you haven't noticed yet IV is based on New York.

And planes..if Rockstar allowed planes in IV there would be no where to fly to. The map will be smaller but will include a lot more interiors, so why would we need planes when there's heaps of interiors to explore?

Why the hell would you turn against Rockstar just because they aren't releasing their titles onto PC? It's not even confirmed yet whether IV will be ported onto the PC why the heck are you coming to conclusions before hand?

If you had read my post then you would have seen that Rockstar hasn't released any games for PC since June 7, 2005.

They have dropped out of PC gaming and are only doing console games, that's a fact.

So do you hate every single company that doesn't release games you like onto PC?

I don’t hate any company. I said that I don’t respect Rockstar, there’s nothing about “hating” companies in my post. Why are you lying like this and stating that I said something that I didn’t? READ MY POST.

Countryside..Well, if you haven't noticed yet IV is based on New York.

So, you're attacking me again, why? Am I not allowed to have an a opinion? I clearly stated that most of the games I've played take place in city environments, and that San Andreas finally got away from that concept. I was hoping that GTA IV would continue that trend in some way.

There can be countryside outside of any city area, just like there is outside of Las Santos.

And planes..if Rockstar allowed planes in IV there would be no where to fly to. The map will be smaller but will include a lot more interiors, so why would we need planes when there's heaps of interiors to explore?

There are planes in GTA IV, they're called rotary-wing aircraft. I've seen them in the previews, helicopters flying about.

I was referring to fixed-winged aircraft, there are none.

Why would there be no where to fly to? That makes no sense!

You could fly anywhere on the map, just like San Andreas.

Please explain why there would be no where to fly to.

Also, Back off!!! I don't like being attacked like this. I've done nothing to disrespect you or anyone else on this forum.

Edited by zmoonchild

3) There’s no swimming allowed in GTA IV.

I thought swimming was a confirmed feature. (Read OXM September) or instead... http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12300[/url]

Where did you here there won't be any swimming?

Sorry, my bad.

Supposedly he can't dive below, but he still swim above water. I originally read the article in Games Radar, but I had forgotten about that part. :blush:

I did a search for that article, but can't seem to locate it now, otherwise I'd post a link for it.

I'll go back to my original post and cross that part out.

Edited by zmoonchild

Mm, well my bad for hate I always get it wrong ><

And like everyone else or a majority of them in this thread all agree that it would be a big mistake not to take GTAIV onto the PC so the 2 year record may be broken on the 29th.

Mm, well this isn't San Andreas and at no time was I attacking your rights to post an opinion on Liberty City. And I somewhat agree with the fact that since Rockstar are making an entirely new Liberty City they could include a bit of rural or hilltop areas like in the original Liberty City, around the Safehouse of the third island where there was a lot less congestion, it wasn't as busy as the City Center and had height resemblances to San Fierro.

And as I explained, but was taken the wrong way; Since there are so many interiors in IV players would likely turn to interior exploring rather then Helicopter exploring, unless for quick transportation the Helicopter would be fine.

And last but not least a bit of confusion; if there is a confirmed Airport and there are no flyable planes, then what is the airport exactly for?

And as you see I didn't include any abusive words in my posts so I was arguing your opinions, not attacking you.