If this comes out for pc...

There won't be a version for the PC, and theres a few topics like this on the forums already Here

This should be closed!

Just because R* didn't confirmed a PC version it doesn't mean there won't be one ... Remember that GTA games sell very well so don't making one is the worst decision that R* could ever make, they'd just lose money, money that could be used for the upcoming GTA titles, and trust me R* wants money. Also releasing the PC version the same time with the console version would kinda ruin the games sales for consoles ( M$ and Sony would be pissed because they want to force you into buying a console for playing console games ). 5 to 10 dollars from a game's price go to M$ and Sony. I think R* will announce the PC version June 2008 and release it this October.

I think Gycu Brun posted a video somewhere, it said that there will be a PC version coming this year.

Yep. There was a topic back at GTAF about it so I just posted the link to the video ... You can check the video clicking the link to the topic mentioned above by mark866.

Now, ontopic, I don't think you'd need a powerfull PC, sure it won't run well on old machines but upgrading your PC won't cost you too much

With $75-100 you can buy about 4GB of RAM, with $300 you can buy a powerfull graphics card ( 8800 GTS ) and with about $200 you could buy a powerfull processor ( AMD Athlon X2 6000+ ) ... And it would last you more than a console, plus you'll be able to play on higher resolutions and better framerate ...

Excuse me, where have you heard there won't be a PC version?? Proof!

Well LCS and VCS didn't go onto the PC, and I was a fan of GTA for the PC, but not anymore, i like to play them on the XBOX 360 now. Plus in 2004 or 2005 I read somewhere on the web that SA would be the last GTA game on the PC, but I cannot find it has of yet.

So sorry if i am wrong.

Well LCS and VCS didn't go onto the PC, and I was a fan of GTA for the PC, but not anymore, i like to play them on the XBOX 360 now. Plus in 2004 or 2005 I read somewhere on the web that SA would be the last GTA game on the PC, but I cannot find it has of yet.

So sorry if i am wrong.

LCS and VCS weren't major GTA titles, and they were only meant to increase the the selling of the PSP console, that's why they didn't make it to the PC, they were ported to PS2 later just for more money ... I doubt R* said that GTA SA is their PC game. It is true that SA was their last PC game.

So sorry if i am wrong.

LCS and VCS weren't major GTA titles, and they were only meant to increase the the selling of the PSP console, that's why they didn't make it to the PC, they were ported to PS2 later just for more money ... I doubt R* said that GTA SA is their PC game. It is true that SA was their last PC game.

So you do agree with me that SA was the last GTA port to go onto the PC?

So sorry if i am wrong.

So you do agree with me that SA was the last GTA port to go onto the PC?

I don't have to agree with you because it's a fact. It's like saying: So you do agree with me that there are 6 continents on this planet ?

My point is that GTA is a big-seller that's why it will come to the PC, and the last major GTA title was GTA SA.

Edited by Gycu Brun

It WILL be released for PC. Rockstar isn't stupid.

Also I dunno about the specs, I'd imagine that what I'm planning on having at the time will be sufficient:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition at 3.2GHz

Corsair XMMS DDR2-800 2GB

ATi Radeon 3850HD 512-mb 256-bit PCI-e 2.0

Because that vidya card can run Crysis at max settings, I'm sure there will be no problems with GTAIV.

Because that vidya card can run Crysis at max settings, I'm sure there will be no problems with GTAIV.

Max settings? Max settings needs a Ultra in SLI, even a HD3870X2 can't get it at a good frame rate (though it is playable).

I'm sure you mean max in DX9 with resolution down, right?

Unless you've got the card OC'ed you'll have about 17 fps with 1027 x 768 with AA and AF turned of and everything else on very high. That's not exactly playable.

They didn't port pokemon ruby to Wii either. It's a handheld game.

With $75-100 you can buy about 4GB of RAM, with $300 you can buy a powerfull graphics card ( 8800 GTS ) and with about $200 you could buy a powerfull processor ( AMD Athlon X2 6000+ ) ... And it would last you more than a console, plus you'll be able to play on higher resolutions and better framerate ...

I'd rather have some fast 2 gig than these budget 4gig packs. Medium settings should be able to be done with a 8600 GT or ATi equivalent. 1 Gig of RAM should be enough for XP, 2 for Vista and a E6600 or AMD equivalent.

I think that it would be around that.

And otherwise MS will try to get R* to port it, but then of course it'll be Vista only.

i dont liek using the pc for games i prefer to play them on the playstation consoles and the xbox consoles lol dunno why i guess it was because of how bad driver 1 was on the old pcs :| bad memorys lol what is so diffrent about the pc versions? can someone fill me in on the things i am missing

Modable, keyboard and mouse (fuck yeah! Uhm.. just doesn't work for games like GTA though..), better graphics, more control and people like me just don't want to get a 360 or a PS3.

BTW, better memory? PS3 has 256 MB of fast memory. A good PC has 2 GB of fast memory. Drivers can be a bitch though.