Rockstar Expects Angry Reactions to GTAIV

Mpilk901

Rockstar may be facing angry reactions for GTAIV, because if you hadn't noticed, it's pretty darn realistic-looking and that's bound to set off the anti-game activists. It's no surprise Dan Houser is expecting a backlash with the upcoming release of GTAIV. But they're probably not too concerned, sure, they'll spend some time in court (so what else is new?), the media will latch on to yet another perceived reason to dump on the industry, parents will be all outraged because it's evidently not their responsibility to look at ratings on boxes... Houser said he wanted the fourth installment to distance itself from the "cartoony" aspects of previous entries, and the story will reflect the new atmosphere and environment.

"If the graphics are slightly cartoony, we make sure the writing is slightly cartoony to match that," he said. "Obviously, the graphics have gone closer to realism, so we wanted everything else to be closer to realism as well."

Link to topic: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2515.html

If your not bothered to read all that then in a nutshell...

Rockstar is expecting angry reactions from anti-game activists because of how realistic GTAIV is shaping up to be. (De Ja Vu of Manhunt 2 anyone?)

Edited by FallenClyro

Maybe if R* should have been more careful at coding IV, just to make sure that no malicious Hot Coffee-esque code leaks out, and no activist would sue them for such an incident. Also, if they followed EA's example of putting a public service announcement when the game starts, things would be better... As for the parents, read the label first, and the descriptions, too - if you think GTA's too mature for your kid, go buy him a

Strawberry Shortcake toy

or a Scrabble board, OK???

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

I have only one thing to say to anti-videogame-violence activists. Shut up and calm the fuck down. Nobody cares but YOU. And you only care because that's the only way you could ever get recognition in your pathetic-ass life. So because you won't do anything worthwhile or beneficial to the world with your life, get rid of it.

The most stupid thing about this situation, is that this is something like the tenth title in the series, do the censors really think that fans buying this game don't know what they are buying into?

For those who don't know i.e. parents, it really is their own fault for not reading the warnings. They wouldn't buy their 9 year old a copy of The texas Chainsaw Massacre or a Ron Jeremy box set, so they have to wise up & realise that video games are a form of media, which like films are sometimes aimed at adult audiences.

The most stupid thing about this situation, is that this is something like the tenth title in the series, do the censors really think that fans buying this game don't know what they are buying into?

For those who don't know i.e. parents, it really is their own fault for not reading the warnings. They wouldn't buy their 9 year old a copy of The texas Chainsaw Massacre or a Ron Jeremy box set, so they have to wise up & realise that video games are a form of media, which like films are sometimes aimed at adult audiences.

Agreed... Of course, I wouldn't give my six-year old cousin a copy of San Andreas on her seventh birthday...

To us, Rockstar will always be one of the best if not the best game company around, but to those dickheads like Jackass Thompson it will be an entirely different story.

The realism won't be too bad, Rockstar can compensate for that with all the new interiors, new city and hopefully the same sense of exploration.

to me i realy coudnt give a shit i just care if the game comes out, these activists can argue there case but it will never win rockstar are too big a company and with all the people buying them surley the millions of people arent wrong when they go out and spend there cash no one is putting the game to there face and forcing them to play it, its all a load of bullshit a way of making money for there pathetic lifes, fuck them the day they win there case is the day when the millions of fans protest about it :)

Edited by JordanW